• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LOST CUSTOM PINK MONARCH AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

Ill be the first to say that 50% of the people who say they return discs on here actually dont.

How did you come up with %50? Did I miss a poll here at DGCR where that number came from. Or was that arbitrary middle of the ground number just pulled out of the air?

if it went in water, if someone goes in they probably arent returning it

That's not necessarily always true. On Saturday I played a last minute unscheduled round at North Cabarrus. As I was walking down the fairway for hole 5, I see a bright orange disc stuck in the opposite embankment of the creek that runs along the fairway. Now at this time, it's 4:30pm and the park closes at 5:00. I'm not prepared to venture through the water. I'm not about to trudge through that creek without some kind of shoes and a towel to dry off with (it was cold out). So I go back out there on Sunday afternoon with my water shoes and towel in hand. I know the water is going to be cold. It's been crazy cold here for the past couple of weeks. While I was out there, is was 33 degrees out but I figured maybe I'll get a disc for my troubles. Now, I didn't have to go diving or swimming for this disc. The deepest it got was about halfway up my shins. But let me tell you, I paid for it big time in pain. That water was unfreakin' believably cold! You see the easiest entry point into that waterway is halfway down 6's fairway. So I had to walk all the way back upstream to get to that disc. Halfway there I was seriously wishing I hadn't gone in the water. The pain in my feet was intense!

So anyway, I reach the disc (DX plastic, oh well, I'm not a plastic snob) and discover no name or number. Yeah! I turn around and start back and not three steps later I see the edge of a yellow Champion disc underwater sticking up two inches from the creek bottom. I'm stoked and I'm really hoping it doesn't have a name or number. I pull it out of the water with eager anticipation... name and number written as clear as day. :( It's a Champion Beast in excellent shape.

So without a doubt, I'm calling the guy to see if he wants his disc. I'm sure he'll be really happy to hear that he'll be getting his disc back. I look at it this way, I made the choice to go in and take the chance that I would get a disc with no name. I didn't have to but I did it anyway. I got lucky and got one disc that I can keep. Now perhaps I'll be even more fortunate to meet someone really cool by returning the second disc I found with a name and number. You just never know who you might meet in the game of life. A great friendship is like an ace. They're very special. If I haven't found a new friend, no big deal. But I'll feel good about myself that I did the right thing. And no, I don't believe in karma, fate or destiny. But I do believe in the golden rule and the Universal Law of Reciprocation.

How people can't see the obvious good in helping others is beyond me.

Now, I am curious as to why in the world someone would throw a Beast on a hole like 5 at North Cabarrus :confused:

i was talking more about the kids who will go to the course only to look , not so much people going for their own, or ones the can see

and ive played N. cabarrus and i know that hole, when i saw it the water wasnt very deep so i didnt think it was one someone should lose plastic on

Anyone else - 1300+ views. 126 posts?

I tell you this much - I lose a disc, I'm totally posting about it, so I can read 7 more pages of arguments while still having Windwood Church (Did I mention it's a great new course in Northwest Houston that people should definitely read up on and come out and play) in the thread title.

(Thread - re-jacked.) :)

Is this whole thread about returning discs? b/c if so this thread should be deleted, this is always the worst topic on any DG board.

Anyone else - 1300+ views. 126 posts?

I tell you this much - I lose a disc, I'm totally posting about it, so I can read 7 more pages of arguments while still having Windwood Church (Did I mention it's a great new course in Northwest Houston that people should definitely read up on and come out and play) in the thread title.

(Thread - re-jacked.) :)

haha you may have mentioned it once or twice ;)

Hey SRM...what course were you playing?....lol

I've lost all my favorite drivers on this course.... there are a few spots where the grass turns even the softest landing disc on it's side and it's gone forever... doesn't matter how long you look, only someone else can find it, seems to be the rule here...

we'll build a drop box out near #18 to drop found discs....then people can periodically check the front desk for them..

Of ALL the discs I've found and called people on...only 1 person ever came to claim their disc... and of ALL the calls I've gotten over a disc I've lost, I think I've only reclaimed 2...

My new philosophy.....is mark my disc like this...."This used to be my favorite driver....now it can be yours....merry Xmas...

My new philosophy.....is mark my disc like this...."This used to be my favorite driver....now it can be yours....merry Xmas...

Ain't that the truth!!!

(Why Tarazarr, I believe I was referring the fabulous new Windwood Church course in Cypress Texas) :D;)

So now that this thread is completely JACKED, I'll toss this out there...

I was playing a local course and every few tees I was throwing one drive backhand and then another forehand (to practice). On one of the holes, I threw a Sidewinder forehand and totally spaced and forgot to pick it up before throwing an approach shot, putt, and moving to the next tee. A week later I realized that the disc was MIA, searched for it, but couldn't find it. I had my info written on the bottom.

Given some of the arguments that people that write their info on their discs are lazy or expect other people to do their work instead of trying to find your own disc, how does this play out? I've spent hours looking for my own discs in the past and will look until I can't (daylight, geographically impossible, etc). So even if the disc loss was a total accident but I still had my name on it, does that still cater to the Katana mentality that I'm expecting others to do my legwork?

Discuss (e.g. fight)

last time at windwood i threw two drives on 10 (hole where everyone keeps losing the discs mentioned above) and both mine were dry but my roommate sunk his in the creek and while looking for his i forgot my CE firebird right in the middle of the fairway and i know there was a man playing a few holes past me but thank god he was a good guy cause he left it right where it was. after the round was over we went back to get in and get my roommates and sure enough, there is my firebird chillin there

So now that this thread is completely JACKED, I'll toss this out there...

I was playing a local course and every few tees I was throwing one drive backhand and then another forehand (to practice). On one of the holes, I threw a Sidewinder forehand and totally spaced and forgot to pick it up before throwing an approach shot, putt, and moving to the next tee. A week later I realized that the disc was MIA, searched for it, but couldn't find it. I had my info written on the bottom.

Given some of the arguments that people that write their info on their discs are lazy or expect other people to do their work instead of trying to find your own disc, how does this play out? I've spent hours looking for my own discs in the past and will look until I can't (daylight, geographically impossible, etc). So even if the disc loss was a total accident but I still had my name on it, does that still cater to the Katana mentality that I'm expecting others to do my legwork?

Discuss (e.g. fight)

I would suggest getting in the habit of counting your discs before and at the end of your round so it won't happen again. I'm always throwing practice shots so I usually count my discs 3-4 times per round.

I was shooting through on a few people who had a large group. If I remember right they were looking for a disc still too. Anyways I almost did the same as bcr123psu but luckily after I started to walk away one of the people called out to me and the disc stayed in my bag. I'd agree with leppard though, that it's definitely good to count your discs.

By the way...off story thought. Isn't it lazy of katana to not return discs just like he says it's lazy of the person who lost it to not look till it's found? I mean there are a few pretty easy ways to do it. Meet at the course when you'd play anyways, or leave it in a specific hiding spot. Leave it at your local disc shop whenever you go there next, or otherwise meet somewhere. And about some comment I heard about paying the finder $10 for gas doesn't make sense unless you meet somewhere WAY out of your way, or you drive something like a hummer.

i think we should just drop the katana thing...he wont change our minds and we wont change his....so its just a pissing contest from here on

i think we should just drop the katana thing...he wont change our minds and we wont change his....so its just a pissing contest from here on

I agree. I just wish he stop advocating poor player behavior like it's the correct thing to do. If you want to keep the discs, keep them, but it is more important to preach doing the right thing.

my final $0.02

[/endthread]