• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

a few years back, i found a disc in a drain pipe (Roger's Lakewood, hole 16 at the time)...walk up to it, it was a 2004 Champion ROC!!!

**no name or number on her**

unfortunately this is a used dx cheetah so as far as i know nothing special but i will have to try it out sometime

I was planning on going back to course later in the day n was gonna have the boys help me look for the disc but ended up at the doctor getting an infected bug bite lanced and drained :thmbup:

So I did go back the day after losing my wildcat and FOUND it!!!

it was sitting in the middle of the creek that I walked thru for a half hour must been stuck in a tree a got knocked out over night with the wind

HOWEVER

hours later at the local course I lost my beautiful crystal Buzzz on easiest hole with grip lock, watched it cruise threw a bunch of leaves to no avail and it hit the raging river right where the bank has been knocked off by the water buddy even thigh deep in water for 5-10 and couldnt find anything :(

I left a "Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend" disc in the middle of a fairway by mistake, and I know someone found it. Had my name and number all over it , and I never got a call.

found a champion ed beast in the pond on 4 at Freedom Park--it's been my staple driver since. it was in perfect condition and that pond isn't exactly large or deep. lazy people.

Just played a round a few mins ago at Steeplechase Park in Kyle Texas (well we quit after 13 because it was getting dark)... I have only been playing for about a month but on hole #9 my disc went right into the river for the first time. The water is really mucky but it was a bright red/pink Innova Birdie. I couldnt see anything in the water but the disc (if it was any other disc I wouldnt have been able to see it). I just bought this disc a couple of days ago and the way the river is I could see it but it was pretty hard to get to. I was really lucky that a couple of guys who were a hole ahead of us noticed and offered to help. They had a retriever and got it out for me really easily. I am going to have to get a retriever for myself because the way I throw it will pay for itself. I know its a long shot but just in case you guys that helped me are reading this, Thanks!!!

I threw my Z Stalker on a 250ft hole, and the wind took it, and it landed in a pond about 40ft to the right of the basket. That was a good disc, and took a while to break it. I miss it.

I lost a blue roc with The Magnolia Course stamped in red. I got it at Wanee fest in April, and lost it playing with a first-timer at my home course this weekend. :doh:

My DX dart made it 30 days through some of Wyoming's most rugged wilderness, many days of putting into evergreen trees. Then on a single putt on hole 14 at Riverbend for the Grand valley open, I blew past the basket, landed on the bank of the Colorado, rolled down and began its trip to Mexico.

I left a "Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend" disc in the middle of a fairway by mistake, and I know someone found it. Had my name and number all over it , and I never got a call.

did the same thing with a brand new opto halo. name and number on it. group of kids behind us found it i'm sure. but i didn't realize where i left it until we were leaving

needed a chuck norris round house for that one

recently lost a dyed champ monarch in brand new condition at #21, Arboretum-Spiker, Ohio.

to much hyzer. went for a swim in the black, mucky pond. stepped into the water about knee deep looking, my friend helped also. couldn't see it.

friend comes out with a leech on her foot!

Here's a crummy run for you - played in a local friendly tournament Saturday. There's troublesome (deep and murky) water on the course, so I borrowed an old sidewinder from the host that he had for water discs.

Hit the water hole - sidewinder goes in.

Six holes later, heavy woods on the left side, I throw my tye-dye champion Beast...gone. Two down.

Coming back, you approach the water hole from the other side. Elite Z Buzzz is now in the drink...gone.

So I finish the tournament, go to my buddy's house, and we're out playing in the field. I throw my red Star Wraith - the only bush in the damn field eats it, and it is literally nowhere..to..be..seen. vanished into a wyrmhole, I guess.

Four discs in one day.

As an added note, my buddy threw my champ x-cal and blasted his three-year-old son in the head off a skip at about 65 yards. Told him not to throw that way - kid is ok, though...got a good lump right in the center of his forehead.

Some people are just totally classless

Perhaps I'm asking for more trouble than it's worth, but I put my cell phone# on the inside rim of all my discs. I figure I want to make it as easy as possible for those inclined to return a lost disc.

A few of years ago, I lost light blue Champ T-Bird on hole 2 at Addison Oaks. Next day, I get this voice mail...

"Yeah, I found your blue T-bird at Addison Oaks. Just wanted to let you know, YOU AIN'T GETTIN' IT BACK!" click. Caller ID was blocked - no idea who it was, never seen anyone throwing the disc.

If you're gonna keep the disc, hell, keep the disc. But calling to the owner just to rub it in???
That's just being a total d!ck. :wall: :thmbdown:

Last edited:
HOWEVER

hours later at the local course I lost my beautiful crystal Buzzz on easiest hole with grip lock, watched it cruise threw a bunch of leaves to no avail and it hit the raging river right where the bank has been knocked off by the water buddy even thigh deep in water for 5-10 and couldnt find anything :(

never guess it, but some guy found this clear buzzz and called me back telling me he found my Boy Scout Clear Frisbee!

it was in misprint deal and has a boy scout print on it.

he as eating at a nearby Italian restaurant and I left it up to him on the easiest way to give it back. He decided to leave it with the restaurant which was luckily open later than what time I get done working AAA baseball games dwntwn.

I stopped by the Italian Village on the way home picked up my disc... so happy, def gotta keep the karma going the next disc I find!

also thats 2 lost discs posted in this thread and then thats 2 found discs from lost discs posted in this thread

I know where I am posting when I lose discs for now on!!!

Lost two discs on hole 3 at Chattooga Belle Farm. The rough is SERIOUSLY thick. I will be writing my review tonight, but basically, anything not in the fairway has to be perfectly spotted by someone close to the landing zone, or it's gone.
My drive went left, thought I had a good eye on it, but it dissappeared into the grassy abyss.
view_image.php

picture.php

My brother's drive also went left, into the same said abyss. Both have our contact info on them, we'll see if we ever get called when everything dyes in the winter.

picture.php

I lost a sun king ontario roc last year at #10 Hillcrest in Carthage, NC. Hit the trees trying to make the hole to the basket and it went in deep cabbage.A BIG THANK YOU TO MOOSE-MGD! He called me 1 month, 2 days shy of it being gone a year to let me know he found it. Also left me a message on here.

I've lost 17 of my own, 1 of my girlfriends (incredibly I've lost 5 dx leopards) and now that the Ontario Roc is coming home the only one I really miss is a tye dyed KC Pro Cheetah I tossed in the creek at Bearskin in Monroe, NC. That was the longest I ever looked for a disc at an hour and 30 minutes. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that one of the clear zone driven rocs (only 50 made) is there to keep it company.

Played Deer Lake Park in PA at the end of March. Had a brand new Echo Star Boss that I lost there. I didn't even realize it was gone until I got back to Buffalo. So bummed out, probably left it on the course somewhere. Threw it one time, and played the course only one time...My poor Boss.

Latest posts