• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

One of these days, I'll learn... Williamsberg (OH) Hole 8 has a stream to the right, that rises to a swift-flowing 4' deep river at times. That's NOT the time to flip your Orange Blizzard Destroyer over to hook right. :wall:
It now sleeps with the fishes.

Lost 2 disc x-mas day @ sunset park in Las Vegas, a pink champ teebird+, and a neon green blizzard boss both are factory second disc. If you found them and tried to call the # on the disc you might have heard a recording saying you dialed the wrong # that has since been fixed so if you have found or find them please just call the # that is on the discs thanks.

so i lost a disc at my local course in early September a new pro valk threw it 3 times and threw it into some tall grass on the back side of the course and found it today sitting out in the open off of the 17th hole. there were 2 dudes who passed us today on the course and am almost positive that one of them had found it and had been playing with it its beat in hardcore and still had my number clear as day on it they must have left it behind on their round most random found disc ever

Found in Panama City FL!

Found a disc laying right beside the teebox yesterday (12/31/12) at Joe Moody Harris Park in Panama City FL. If you think this might be yours, PM me.

* Yesterday found a decent Discraft Flick with custom stamp sitting in the rough. Hard to believe it was lost as it stuck out like a sore thumb, guessing maybe someone threw it and then threw from the rough, but forgot to pick it up before moving along. No contact info, just two initials in old english font.

Not often you find a reason to quote yourself, but I think this qualifies.

Out playing a round this past weekend on a different course when I found another disc. Almost the exact same scenario as above, except this time I found it dead center in the middle of the snow covered fairway. Actually saw the spot someone cleared to set their bag down in the snow and it was close enough to my drive to use the same spot. As I put my bag down I saw a disc sticking half out of the snow. I think somebody drove it to that spot, cleared the area and threw their approach with a different disc. Picked up their bag and headed to the pin and left it where it landed.

Funny thing is, it was the exact SAME GUY! Same old english letter on the bottom (twice) and no name, contact info or even disc weight. It is a "First Run" Stalker. Found it on Hole 18 on this course and found the other disc on Hole 17 of a different course a few miles away. I guess if you are a bit of a space cadet and left a couple of discs behind on two different courses, shoot me a PM. Somebody will be happy to get 2 discs back. :doh:

Took my brother out for his first disc golf experience over the holidays. Played at Wells Branch in Austin as it is a good beginner course. On hole #17 I throw my day glo yellow Star Lycan and it lands pretty close to the walking path. Not a bad shot. My brother launches a DX Eagle into the only part of the creek that still has water in it. No big deal. There is a group fishes one out shooting from #7. I see my brothers disc and their disc. I reach down and grab their disc and before I can say no one of their guys tries to push my disc across and knocks it into the muck and mud with no way to see it. They finish up on #7 and continue on. The group behind them comes up with a disc catcher and are totally friendly and cool. We spend a few minutes fishing for the disc with no luck. No big deal, it was a beat up DX Eagle. That is why I gave it to him throw. Now the Star TL he lost in the woods on #14 hurt a bit but whatever. We thanked the group for helping and my brother lays up from the creek. It has been less than 10 min. since I threw my first shot and as I go to finish up my disc is nowhere to be found. Yes that's right, some piece of sh*t walking/riding by on the track saw my purdy day-glo yellow Lycan and walked away with it. I was pissed and still am. I thought it was good however that on his first day my brother got to experience both ends of the spectrum with disc golfers. Friendly and helpful and complete douchbaggery.
Long story short, I lost a total of three discs in 4 holes. Bummer. Silver lining, my brother fell in love with disc golf and happens to live about 20 min from Flyboy. I hope to get a chance to play there when visiting him this summer. End transmission.

This could be the ultimate found disc story...

In 1991 I designed my first hot stamp for Bob Lewis and FDGA (Florida Disc Golf Association) I'm FDGA # 86. I don't remember how many he had printed up but before I could get one they were all sold. I did happen to get a few of the minis.

Fast forward 22 years...

Today I go to Gaithersburg, MD for The 2013 Maryland vs. Virginia Ice Bowl Battle IV. The round is over and I'm sitting on a bench watching what's going on and one of the guys in my group walks up with a disc he bought off one of the local guys. It was a Grateful Dead/Flying Eye hot stamp that Nick Sartori used to sell back in the early 90's. Nick was a Clearwater, Fl DG'er that used to travel with Ken Climo when he was just starting to win his World titles. I have a viper in my collection with the exact same stamp.

picture.php

This got my curisoity and I go over to the bin and one of the first discs I pick up is an Aviar Putter (Never Thrown) with my design on it. Notice the "CKM Graphics" on the basket post. My first graphics signature was my initials.

FDGA2_zps2ca508ba.jpg

I made this design on an old MAC IIsi with Illustrator 1.0. Now I have a disc to go with the mini I have saved all these years.

Threw my X-Buzzz into the water on 17 at Winthrop over the Christmas break. Barely went in, but it was almost dark, and the water was murky didn't want to take any chances sticking my hand in there all willy nilly. Gave me an excuse to buy more plastic I guess.

Gripped locked my Avenger SS at City Park in New Orleans. I was on hole 14 and it went into the lake where hole 13 was. Trying too hard to get distance and released at the worst time and the worst thing happened.

Took a noob out to play, Johnson Rd. tossed three of 'em into the drink. I haven't thrown one in there in a while but maybe my subconscious needed to fit in, so went my champ wraith too. :(
Expensive day.... sleeps with the fishes: Nuke Wraith Eagle (DX) but had it forever and a dragon that is probably still floating in the center of the lake.

Please keep your eyes out on feebay for a skullboy opto saint, sparkle yellow with green holo stamp. It was my favorite disc, and I had it stolen from me at Roland Park in Akron, PA today.

I hit metal with it twice earlier in the day, then on hole 14 I threw my sword into the woods - went searching for it, and left the saint sitting a few feet from my bag. I was gone maybe 3 minutes and when i came back the saint was gone. Really missing that disc...my game is shot without it!

Lost 2 disc x-mas day @ sunset park in Las Vegas, a pink champ teebird+, and a neon green blizzard boss both are factory second disc. If you found them and tried to call the # on the disc you might have heard a recording saying you dialed the wrong # that has since been fixed so if you have found or find them please just call the # that is on the discs thanks.

Any idea of which holes? I'll keep an eye out later this week.

A story of sorta losing my disc, my high school has a disc golf club and the teacher who runs it and I are the only ones with disc golf bags. Well someone mixed thought my bag was his and borrowed a disc from it, a pro leopard, my favorite disc. They threw it into a bush by the principal's car, and I got it back the next day. All is well that ends well?

I'm in MS for several weeks, so I brought a few reserves of my drivers and a driver mold or two I'd never thrown. Lo and behold, a Surge ESP/FLX I picked up flies long and beautifully for me. The only problem: its tie-dyed several shades of bright, streaky green, and only a small patch of neon yellow in the middle makes it visible if it goes in any vegetation taller than grass.
One day I finally decided to use it on course with taller rough. On hole #3 it disappeared into the distance, and took me a week to find it. I had walked within 1 1/2 ft. of it at least a dozen times.
When I got to hole #7, I threw it and it vanished again, not to be seen until 2 days later, after an hour of clearing brush[its a fairly new, private course]. Once again, I'd walked within a foot or so of it several times.
Tonight it lies on hole #9, not yet having finished half the course in almost 2 weeks. But it flies great for me.

I think I'm having relationship issues with my disc. :wall:

Last edited:
Any idea of which holes? I'll keep an eye out later this week.

A story of sorta losing my disc, my high school has a disc golf club and the teacher who runs it and I are the only ones with disc golf bags. Well someone mixed thought my bag was his and borrowed a disc from it, a pro leopard, my favorite disc. They threw it into a bush by the principal's car, and I got it back the next day. All is well that ends well?

thx uniwersel if you happen to stumble across them that would be sweet but I have been out there almost every day since with no luck someone picked them up for sure, I was practicing distance shots from 1 to 3 so I lost them some were in the big field in between those 2 holes I have lost a couple disc there before and got them right back without any problems I am almost positive one of those lames who thinks "finders keepers" must have found them, what can you say but lesson learned. thx anyways I appreciate your efforts maybe we can play a round sometime.........

Well, not a disc, but I was playing Buffalo Ridge in Phoenix today, and a grey long sleeve thermal shirt fell out of my bag at some point. The brand was Gap. Just in case anyone here finds it.

thx uniwersel if you happen to stumble across them that would be sweet but I have been out there almost every day since with no luck someone picked them up for sure, I was practicing distance shots from 1 to 3 so I lost them some were in the big field in between those 2 holes I have lost a couple disc there before and got them right back without any problems I am almost positive one of those lames who thinks "finders keepers" must have found them, what can you say but lesson learned. thx anyways I appreciate your efforts maybe we can play a round sometime.........

Was there yesterday and today, no dice. Sorry man. I'm planning on playing the ice bowl next week, maybe I'll see you there? I left a disc right in front of tee 11 today, some out of towners were nice enough to give it back to us. Not everyone out there is a jerk, still some hope for humanity.

Just started playing and my first time out I lost a buzz in the saw palmetto that surround the course on campus at UCF (University of Central Florida) the disc was a loaner from the recreation and wellness center.

Bradford in Charlotte. Lost an unmarked, brand new red Neutron Anode on hole 16. To the left of the bridge.