• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Had to go for an ace run at The Players Club DGC (Alum Creek) on #11. Skipped up, missed the basket and went for a swim in the deep water behind the pin. I guess my river with the fish dye wanted to get back to the water. If anyone happens to be there when water levels are down you'll fish at least 3 discs that I know of out of that very spot.
GLRiverSalmon.jpg

Found a tye-dye Discraft Avenger at Red Oak DGC today on hole #3.

If anyone is missing it or knows who is PM me and identify what it says on the back (unfortunately not a phone number) and I will get it back to you.

Found a tye-dye Discraft Avenger at Red Oak DGC today on hole #3.

If anyone is missing it or knows who is PM me and identify what it says on the back (unfortunately not a phone number) and I will get it back to you.

LOL DAMMIT SO CLOSE. Lost a TI Wasp Colorshift on 4 last night. Off to the right side. Definitely didn't go in the drink, but didn't realize how dense it is over there.

This topic has been beaten to death, but I'll keep on saying: the disc golf community may earn more respect if we hold ourselves to a higher ethical standard. When I find a disc, I always do everything within reason to get it back to its rightful owner: the person that paid for it. It doesn't matter to me if they inked it or not. I'll post it in online lost & founds (here & at the local club). I'll leave it in the course lost & found if there is one. Obviously, if it is inked, I'm going to call.
What this 'gentleman' does not recognize is that the disc may have been lost per tournament 3 minute rule (the player had to move on and came back later but couldn't find it). Some folks have jobs or other real-life responsibilities and have to give up when it gets too dark to find a disc... Any number of reasons...
It doesn't mean 'finders keepers'. That's just selfishness. :thmbdown:

When I find a disc if there is a # on it I'll call it & anyone I run into on the course I ask if its theirs. If I cannot find its owner I keep it, but most of the time I get a phone call/ back (assuming there's a number on the disc). But if it isn't inked & I cant find its owner on the course I keep it. You'd be surprised how many times people have offered me $ because I found their disc or gave me a different one. Karma...that's all I gotta say.

Unfortunately the internet is like a digital bathroom wall - people can write/say whatever they want. This guy has used his bathroom wall space to spew garbage advice and should have his internet privileges revoked. He seems to be entirely too attached to shiny round pieces of plastic.

Not sure I understand his logic - how is it easier to go home, go online, look up someone's pdga number then call them...instead of just calling a phone number? Then again, dont know why I'm looking for logic in this vid. His theory of finding difficulty to keeping ratio did give me a chuckle though.

Last edited:
That guy is a total dildo. If there's a number on the disc, you call it. If you're fishin through a swamp just to find discs and not return them, that also makes you a dick. Finding discs, coloring over names and numbers without trying to return them is terrible. Poachers deserve to shoot double bogeys on every hole. I don't lose discs very often at all, in fact it's probably been 6 months since I did but it burns me up when I don't get it back or find it in the lost and found.

That guy is a total dildo. If there's a number on the disc, you call it. If you're fishin through a swamp just to find discs and not return them, that also makes you a dick. Finding discs, coloring over names and numbers without trying to return them is terrible. Poachers deserve to shoot double bogeys on every hole. I don't lose discs very often at all, in fact it's probably been 6 months since I did but it burns me up when I don't get it back or find it in the lost and found.

Meh, the way i look at it if you found my disc in some deep ass water or in some mud pit that I'd never step foot in its your disc.

Meh, the way i look at it if you found my disc in some deep ass water or in some mud pit that I'd never step foot in its your disc.

And I would likely tell him to keep it but I don't feel that the finder making that decision is right. People that go through water hazards to build their bags for free or sell off the discs are the kind of folks We don't need on our courses. They're the same dudes that throw beer bottles on the groun instead of trash cans. The main problem is that these folks don't give 2 sh!ts about anybody but themselves. It's a principle thing for me.

Honestly I'd be way more pissed about the littering. Disks come and go but a clean golf course is priceless. I give my friends **** all the time about littering, they even called me captain planet for a while lol. :D

My son threw his beloved River into the lake today, and this time it didn't come out. :(

And I would likely tell him to keep it but I don't feel that the finder making that decision is right. People that go through water hazards to build their bags for free or sell off the discs are the kind of folks We don't need on our courses. They're the same dudes that throw beer bottles on the groun instead of trash cans. The main problem is that these folks don't give 2 sh!ts about anybody but themselves. It's a principle thing for me.

I think most of us would tell a guy to keep a disc if we weren't willing to swim/wade/get terribly nasty, etc. to find a disc, but I totally agree that I don't think the finder should make that decision without making at least some sort of effort to return.

I found a disc the other day, no name or number, but it did have something written on it so I posted here and put up a notice on the course bulletin board. If I don't hear from someone to claim it in a week or so I'll probably either A) give it to my brother who I'm trying to get interested in playing or B) donate it to some new player I see on the course.

I'm a firm believer in disc karma.

I'm a newb and it wasn't an expensive disc, but I lost my new DX Leopard the other day, along with my pair of Oakley Gascans. I'm a lot more upset about the Oakleys.

I think most of us would tell a guy to keep a disc if we weren't willing to swim/wade/get terribly nasty, etc. to find a disc, but I totally agree that I don't think the finder should make that decision without making at least some sort of effort to return.

I found a disc the other day, no name or number, but it did have something written on it so I posted here and put up a notice on the course bulletin board. If I don't hear from someone to claim it in a week or so I'll probably either A) give it to my brother who I'm trying to get interested in playing or B) donate it to some new player I see on the course.

I'm a firm believer in disc karma.

I taped something to that bulletin board back in March about a lost disc. It was still there on Sunday, but I can guarantee my Vector is long gone.

Lost a Pro D XL today. While doing field work. I need to find a field without tall weeds and such around it. It was at Fort Yargo State Park, in the open area by the tennis courts, for those who've been there. I'm sure it went in about halfway on the left side, but it disappeared. Light blue, my name is on the back.

Lost a purple gold line Fury at #12 at townlake in mckinney, I knew it was a bad throw leaving my hand, then it hit a tree and went AWOL on the left hand side of the fairway. Searched around for a while until I ran into a snake then decided it wasn't worth searching anymore.

Latest posts