• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Survey for Engineering Class

Smallfry42

Hello,

My name is Caleb Lash and I am doing a high school engineering design and development project with a couple of my peers. I would really appreciate it if you could fill out this survey to help me gather some data to see if the problem we are looking into solving is worth it. It would be super helpful to get feedback from passionate disc golfers like yourselves!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...j16wJXjKgdfL3VB3u_VhGkDptgNQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

You may need to copy the link into your browser. I'm not completely sure

Thank you so much for helping me out!

I see that several people have filled this out so far. Thank you so much, it really helps us! We would love to have more!

This is a million dollar money maker. The pros have spotters. We peons have frustration[emoji849]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

All of my lost discs are in the bottom of a deep pond. Unless your high school engineering class is working on an a plastic-detecting submersible with automatic retrieval capabilities, at a cost of less than a couple of discs, I'm not in the target market.

This looks like a great idea. I lose discs all the time and could really benefit from this.

I really think that you should go for this project. I always hate wasting time to find discs but never want to leave without my disc.

Kinda looks like a few guys joined this forum recently just to hawk this idea. I hope the OP is aware of how cheap disc golfers are. :eek: I did take the survey.

Last edited:
All of my lost discs are in the bottom of a deep pond. Unless your high school engineering class is working on an a plastic-detecting submersible with automatic retrieval capabilities, at a cost of less than a couple of discs, I'm not in the target market.

An underwater drone equipped with lights a camera and manipulable arm with a claw for grasping discs. If it can be sold in the same price range as an aeronautical drone I'd be interested.

An underwater drone equipped with lights a camera and manipulable arm with a claw for grasping discs. If it can be sold in the same price range as an aeronautical drone I'd be interested.

Definitely has to have lights, in my pond.

Not sure it would be worth the money, although the potential for a side value with practical jokes at the beach, can't be dismissed.

At least with a sub drone you don't have to deal with the FAA and territorial raptors. Although the catfish might be a real concern in the pond.

With an aqua drone you could start a lucrative disc pirate business and you would'n even have to get wet. Contact the owners of any disc with contact information and charge them a small rescue fee if they want them back. Any disc without a contact info or any disc not ransomed could be added to your bag or sold/traded.

I don't really lose discs, unless it is in a pond....and not always then either. Most discs are retrievable with a little patience. Now if you are marketing a way to sell patience to those with little, I'm in.

At least with a sub drone you don't have to deal with the FAA and territorial raptors. Although the catfish might be a real concern in the pond.

Might need a high-speed model for use in Florida.....for escaping the aquatic wildlife. Which is a shame, because that's the sort of place you'd really want to swimming-free solution to disc retrieval.

I took the survey....I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a lost disc.....it didn't evaporate or disappear...either, not enough time (permitting) or effort, went into finding it....

water discs that can not be gotten with a golden retriever, I will go into the water after them (depending on the disc and if I am at my home course or not).

The main reason I "lose" discs, is that I walk off and leave them laying on the ground, and forget to count my bag before I leave the course. Since I don't "ink" my discs, I have never gotten one back...I lost two different Ace Discs like this.....just walked off and left them....and that is why you "never throw two discs", because, like me, you may forget one of them....

Latest posts