• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lost packages from USPS?

Nowski

Eagle Member
hey all, in the last 2-3 weeks i've had 4 packages lost by usps. 2 of the packages that were lost were purchases from innova pro shop (same order sent twice due to the first package being lost) both of the orders had tracking numbers and said were delivered on oct. 22nd and oct. 31st but i never got them. the other 2 were discs from dgcr members. one of the dgcr members that sent me a disc had tracking on it and was supposedly delivered on oct 22nd as well with the initial innova package. in total 6 discs were lost. i double checked that i sent the right address to the people who shipped my discs and everything was correct. i went into the post office multiple times and they weren't much help. all they said is that the senders could file claims. the manager at the post office said that the packages were probably put in the wrong mail box (i live in an apartment complex) and that i guess it happens all the time in big apartment complexes. if someone got my packages i would imagine that they wouldnt even know what a disc golf disc is and that they would return my packages (leave em on my door or send em back to the post office) but so far nothing has turned up.

i was wondering if anyone else has had packages lost and what they did to either get their packages or some sort of compensation? one of the dgcr members said that he would file a claim. i also was wondering if anyone has had to file a claim with the post office, and what were the outcomes of their claims?

Sounds like thieves to me. Good luck on recouping any loss from USPS if you didn't have insurance on the package.

Maybe put up something in the apartment? A note in the commons area or something.

I'd bet someone in the complex has them. It sucks maybe have stuff shipped to work or a friends house?

I hope you get it ironed out that really sucks.

well in my complex if you have a package, they give you a key to a bigger box where you can get your packages so like no one stole them out of my mail box. only stole them if the stupid mail carrier who is a woman haha put the key in their box by mistake... for at least 3 separate occasions. and i did put up a note by the mail boxes, but a day later it was ripped down (i loaded duck tape on it so it didn't fall off) funny thing is tho my room mate had a package successfully delivered to our mail box during this whole me loosing 4 packages span.

I've never had any issues. I have a po box so maybe that helps. I would get stuff sent to family/friends house in the future.

yea i might send stuff to my friends place from now on, but thats kinda a hassle. but im scared to have anything else delivered to my place because nothing hurts more than losing/not getting your new discs that your so excited to get and go throw!

Had a friend who ordered some disc from the pro shop. One of the disc was mine...one of the toten teebirds. Same thing happened. He checked usps website and showed it was delivered two days earlier. He never got it. Contacted innova and theyy said they would look into it. They never got back to us. Post office pretty much said he should of put insurance on it, and not much they could do. Now I don't have a totem teebird and he doesn't have one either or 3 glows now.....not happy

when i contacted them they said they would look into it cuz they sent 2 packages hopefully they will get back to me

The United States Postal Service is notorious for losing mail--especially in Baltimore. There was a news item a few years ago about a mail carrier who was caught stuff mail into a sewer drain.

Check with the apartments leasing office. I've had packages that could have easily fit in my mailbox that were left with the leasing office. Hope you track them down

Keep on the lookout for little kids throwing "frisbees" in the lawn area out front/back.......

I sent ManU two KCpro Banshees a while back, and the tracking kept jumping from Philly to NY and back (he's in Canada). He never got them, I never got them back. USPS didn't help, and the tracking stopped showing up after a regurgitated 20 or so "departure scan from ____" came up. ****ty, I just took the loss and cursed the postal service for all eternity:|

When i lived in an apartment i had a few packages come up missing, they were dropping on the doorstep, i had them change the policy that any package that couldnt fit in box was dropped and signed for in leasing office. No problems after that, good luck hope it works out for you

Talk to leasing office. Normally you have to sign something saying you'll accept them signing for and accepting packages on your behalf. If you live in a big apt complex, and they don't take all packages into the office, that is poor work. That sucks. I'd start using UPS/fedex instead and make it get signed for by your leasing office. I stay away from USPS on packages as much as possible (unless signature required) for this same reason.

hey all, in the last 2-3 weeks i've had 4 packages lost by usps. 2 of the packages that were lost were purchases from innova pro shop (same order sent twice due to the first package being lost) both of the orders had tracking numbers and said were delivered on oct. 22nd and oct. 31st but i never got them. the other 2 were discs from dgcr members. one of the dgcr members that sent me a disc had tracking on it and was supposedly delivered on oct 22nd as well with the initial innova package. in total 6 discs were lost. i double checked that i sent the right address to the people who shipped my discs and everything was correct. i went into the post office multiple times and they weren't much help. all they said is that the senders could file claims. the manager at the post office said that the packages were probably put in the wrong mail box (i live in an apartment complex) and that i guess it happens all the time in big apartment complexes. if someone got my packages i would imagine that they wouldnt even know what a disc golf disc is and that they would return my packages (leave em on my door or send em back to the post office) but so far nothing has turned up.

i was wondering if anyone else has had packages lost and what they did to either get their packages or some sort of compensation? one of the dgcr members said that he would file a claim. i also was wondering if anyone has had to file a claim with the post office, and what were the outcomes of their claims?

Welcome to T-Town, brah.

Latest posts