• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Love at first throw?

S-line ddx
Champ tern
Innova Mystere
surge SS
Roc3
Prime plastic Dynamic Disc truth
MVP atom
Star Leopard 3

All from the first throw just flew and felt right.

Lucid Suspect - It felt right when I picked it up in the store and had felt right ever since. Great approach disc.

Z Undertaker - Heard about it and when I saw the Armory van at Ft. Steilacoom I went ahead and got it. Solid fairway.
(Disc had to be good to make up for the corny stamp)

Most recently was electron atom. I was on a search for a putter and ran through 5 different molds before finding it. I knew the atom wad what I wanted the first time I picked it up and touched that electron plastic.

The boss was also a winer from me. First one I had was found in the middle of a fairway. I gave it a toss on the next hole and overshot the pin by so far I couldn't find it. I bought one on the way home.

Sexton firebird. It's just better to me than other firebirds. The plastic is better, the flight is better, it skips better. All around what I always wanted firebirds to do for me, but they never did.

Classic aviar. It's an aviar, so it's awesome, but stiffer. Pops out better than regular DX, holds literally any line you put it on (great for form practice), stamp is killer. Gets down when it hits the chains. What could be better?

P2. Really a great approach disc. It has the perfect amount of stability for me. From that first throw, every time it just straight to fade. Wind? Doesn't care that much, gets straight, fades to the ground. It did it that first throw and every throw since (almost, I throw bad sometimes)

Zone. So easy to range. So predictable. So awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z Buzzz. I wasn't very good, but it looked nice (a tourney-stamped "misprint" disc), felt nice in the hand, and flew well for me right from the start. I can hit better lines with it now and make it fly like it's actually supposed to, but that's the main one I knew I liked from throw one.

1.1 Orion LFs and Flat 11x Gazelles. Everything else has been fits, starts, and growing pains. But you find what works.

Glo Stalker was the first. Back when I was mostly new to the game it was the first brand new disc I bought and it actually went straight for me!

I also instantly loved the Volt. When I first felt it in the store I thought it was made for my hand. Took it to a difficult course I rarely played and threw it where I wanted on pretty much every hole.

Most recent was the Spin. First drive with it at the Circuit this year was a birdie. I felt like I knew exactly what to do with it right from the start.

G-Star Daedalus and Z Glide. Love at first throws.

DD Thief. Every one I've thrown has been money right out of magical pony land. (Don't even use Tapatalk.)

Latest posts