• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MacBeth to Partner on Gran Canyon Course

Thanks so much, Paul M! Back when it was a full-time course in the early 00s (designed by Gregg Hosfeld I think), it had 27 holes plus mountain biking paths. I was a youngster then LOL, and playing just 18 was a beatdown! Not sure what McBeth and Cease think about mountain biking, but I've seen peaceful coexistence at Tom Brown DGC in Tallahassee and Loyce Harpe (Hidden Oaks) in Lakeland. Played this Tuesday and I'm taking two of my boys up there Sunday (last open play before pro weekend)...super epic and worth the pay-to-play $ (and park LOL).

Yep Gregg and another fella (forgot his name).

I hope that Paul will bring Gregg in on the process. (fingers crossed)

All those thing would be nice, but...

I'll just be happy if I get a chance to play a course I've only heard great things about.

Might give McBeth the opportunity to draw Climo back into the public eye a little more.

Will be interesting since Discraft is basically developing a hole in a traditionally Innova area.

McBeth is working the long game here.

Climo to Discraft in the next few years to continue the tradition of former Innova pros/World Champs.

Will be interesting since Discraft is basically developing a hole in a traditionally Innova area.

CR Wiley (Discraft), John E. (latitude) and Charlie Good pasture (Kastoplast) are all more active in the local scene than any Innova pro.

CR Wiley (Discraft), John E. (latitude) and Charlie Good pasture (Kastoplast) are all more active in the local scene than any Innova pro.
I'd say Hosfeld may be the most active Innova guy at least in relation to his long-time affiliation and design work with Gran Canyon. Not sure how he sees this transaction.

I'd say Hosfeld may be the most active Innova guy at least in relation to his long-time affiliation and design work with Gran Canyon. Not sure how he sees this transaction.

I'd love to see Gregg involved with the new design, but Mike Barnett has been THE GUY keeping the Canyon going for the past decade.

It has been a while since I was there but I would think a new design would involve a little less space dedicated to the course itself and a little more to parking and any possible amenities.

It has been a while since I was there but I would think a new design would involve a little less space dedicated to the course itself and a little more to parking and any possible amenities.

The original layout was 27 holes, and included a house where the owner lived.

As much as anything, a new design would involve some work, clearing areas that weren't practical as a temporary course. There's some land not being used in the current layout.

So plenty of room for amenities. Parking? A little trickier. It's mostly constrained by the fact that you can't go very far, before the world drops away.

Agreed, for sure. Also, considerable attention would need to be paid to drainage issues. I'd suggest 2-3 legit ponds, possibly interconnected.

Latest posts