• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

Anyone else have an issue with Academy Sports spamming their email after the order?

I bought two as Christmas presents, checked out as a guest, and made sure to uncheck the box for further emails and offers. The next day, I got an email thanking me for joining their email list. I've tried to unsubscribe as well as call their customer service with no luck. Had to write a rule to keep their stuff out of my Inbox.

Beware of the Spamming Vendor. :)

One thing to note is that the original framework was constructed of CPVC pipe instead of PVC pipe.

As dmcm33 above discovered, the fitting are differently sized for PVC vs. CPVC. CPVC is used for interior water supply. It is smaller and the fittings are smaller as well. PVC is normally used for drain pipes etc..

how is academy out of these already. I called customer service and she said they are out everywhere. also, will a putter fit in the felt lined valuables pocket?

sweet I just bought one from a guy on craigslist, looks like I could put my hydration bag in the big putter pocket and solve the water bottle problem on this bag. thanks justin

Digging mine. Very comfortable. I would probably buy another one and pay a tad more for an updated version with larger bottle holders and mini and pencil pockets.

sweet I just bought one from a guy on craigslist, looks like I could put my hydration bag in the big putter pocket and solve the water bottle problem on this bag. thanks justin

Post pics if you can. I use a 2L hydration pack when biking & hiking and I'd like to order a second for DG but it wouldn't work well with my current bag.

how is academy out of these already. I called customer service and she said they are out everywhere. also, will a putter fit in the felt lined valuables pocket?

They lie. I called that line and even gave them the sku number. Said there were none within 100 miles of my zip code. I'd been in my local store 2 days before and had saw a tag on the shelf for the bags but no bags.

So, I called the store. They had 9.

Then the next day I ended up using a lot of store credit I had and got a Ranger bag.

Kept the receipt so I'll just return the Magellan bag.

What exactly does the PVC frame do besides make the bag stand up better? Honestly I feel like that bag stands up just fine on it's own. And I'm playing on mountain courses.

I'm hoping it will distribute the weight more; off of the bottom of the bag. right now when I wear the full bag it hits me in the lower back where the feet are connected to the bottom & it is lacking padding right there, almost a sharp poke in the lower back. i can't seem to get the straps tight enough to take the weight off of that section, so hopefully a pvc frame will help weight distruibution.

I'm probably a little too picky considering the price, but I couldn't get over the uncomfortable hard bottom that sits against your back. HyzerUniBomber briefly mentioned it in his video. I assume it could be modded to be more comfortable, but I returned mine instead.

I'm probably a little too picky considering the price, but I couldn't get over the uncomfortable hard bottom that sits against your back. HyzerUniBomber briefly mentioned it in his video. I assume it could be modded to be more comfortable, but I returned mine instead.

Not really sure how you could mod it without pulling it apart. I've found a height on my back where I can adjust the straps to keep that hard edge off, but I did think that if I couldn't figure that out, it would become a backup only bag. A few long rounds and no trouble, so I think I'm in the clear. It's still not as comfortable as this guy - but the extra's like easy putter pockets and more space have earned it the full time bag status.

I'm going to take a pool noodle, reduce the size a good amount and slide it along the back side of the lower section. at the very least it is a softer round edge versus the straight edge.

I had a chance to try out the Magellan bag today, was not mine, but I insisted. my first thought the same as everyone else was wow, way better than I thought it would be. seems like there is a couple design flaws, but with a little frame mod the bag would sit up better. for a guy like me that only carries 15 disc but likes to carry towels, water, birdie bag, scorecards, I think the bag will be good. time will tell. I get mine Friday and I play to beat the hell out of it as I do most of my stuff.

I don't know if I got a weird one or mine just sits on my back better but I don't find it uncomfortable at all. I've used a Gateway Ozark backpack for the past four years and I am very pleasantly surprised how nice this bag is.

Rather than using pvc, has anyone ever tried using old golf club shafts, arrows, or any kind of light weight rod to build the frame? Thoughts, comments, questions, concerns....

I've tried using other types of plastic pipe but could never seem to find the right couplers needed to attach everything. Would be nice though

Rather than having couplers at every joint, why not just place a small ball of poster tack or something at your corners and basically tape the rest using thin strips. Similar to this video here at 1:01.
http://www.carbonfiberjoint.com/
May look like ****, but you could always use like black duct tape to keep it slightly concealed.

as simple and cheap as pvc pipe is, I have always found it to bulky for the support it gives. I think I am going to weld up a frame with some 3/8 aluminum tubing. its probably not worth the time and effort but we shall see.

Latest posts