• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

Took a closer look at it now that I'm on the computer. Am I the only one who doesn't see a putter or dedicated mini pocket?

It's probably a similar quiver thing to the Grip and the very front has a mesh pocket for minis/scorecards. That's what I see at least.

Saw a picture someone posted on Facebook, doesn't look like it has much internal structure

I think the thing people are overlooking here is: IT'S A DG BACKPACK FOR 30 BONES!!!!

Considering the popular diy backpack is $25 plus PVC pipe and this one is $30 and is actually made for disc golf is impressive. Even if the materials are low quality you can just buy one each season and save money. Solid looking bag for $30

It's probably a similar quiver thing to the Grip and the very front has a mesh pocket for minis/scorecards. That's what I see at least.

I saw those lines, but thought it may be form not function.

It's the price that's making me think this may be the way to go. Just bought a day pack to try covering, but I don't think it's going to work as planned. So I could return that, get one specifically designed for disc golf and not be out any money.

Agree with streets. My DIY is nice, but having a true DG backpack would beat it. I play at a course that is mainly just open fairway, not too much to hurt my bag even if it is weaker material.

I'm still i amazement that neither Fade nor Innova have come out with something similar to this. Maybe a little nicer materials, but similar.

Ordered one. Figured it would be great for rainy days or I could I always sell it for a bit more or good trade bait.

10399684.jpg

I have tested this bag. It's nice. Not cheap like you are guys thinking. Flak/Grip like.
It's not a bells and whistles type bag, but that is not what Academy wanted and not near the price point of what the market they target needed. The bag I used never had any issues with the lower grade material. You need to remember who walks in their store and wants a bag and what they are willing to spend...

Side note*
They will be sold out in a few hours, but should be restocked soon.

How deep are those top pockets?

Can fit 3-4 putters, and has an adjustment inside that will release the pocket to expand. I have not gotten my hands on a production run bag yet to see if it has any major changes. It should be about the same.

The lower pocket will not zip with a disc, but still holds one with ease.