• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Majesty

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone thrown one of these before? It seems to be a new driver from Discmania. Not a lot of info out about it. Given flight numbers are 13, 5, -2, 2. Weight of the disc is unknown. Unlike other Discmania discs the weight isn't embossed or written on the bottom. If I had to guess, I'd say 172g.

Plastic is clear, and reminds me of Opto or Vip. The disc is stiff and has no dome. Noticeably flat.

I feel like the flatness kills some glide. The Majesty penetrates well and is very fast, but simply doesn't want to stay in the air. It'll turn a little, but is in a hurry to fade. The fade on this disc is sudden and dumpy.

Max distance was a hair over 400'. The Majesty will get downrange decently due to its sheer speed, but the glide isn't there. The fade is also abrupt.

Majesty: 13, 4, -1, 3. Not as much glide or high speed turn as advertised, and more late fade. To me this disc threw like a Nuke or Boss, but with less glide. It is by no means a hopeless flier, but overall I wasn't impressed. I've thrown 2 Majesties, and both of them performed exactly the same. Anyone buying this driver expecting a floaty bomber with easy high speed turn is going to be disappointed. I feel like Discmania missed with this driver. It just isn't all that good. The Enigma kicks the crap out of it.

The Majestys have been available for more than a year in Europe. They are part of the Discmania's Active Line and are produced by Yikun in China.

The discs in the Active Line tend to have wild variation in how domey they are. On one occasion they are flat as a board and on the other they resemble soup bowls. I have thrown the Majesty only once and that particular disc was surprisingly overstable for its flight numbers. I have heard that the stability can range from very understable to very overstable. For some people that might be the ideal situation as they can cover multiple shot shapes with one mold, however I personally have a distaste for domey discs and am not a fan of this feature.

The Majestys have been available for more than a year in Europe. They are part of the Discmania's Active Line and are produced by Yikun in China.

The discs in the Active Line tend to have wild variation in how domey they are. On one occasion they are flat as a board and on the other they resemble soup bowls. I have thrown the Majesty only once and that particular disc was surprisingly overstable for its flight numbers. I have heard that the stability can range from very understable to very overstable. For some people that might be the ideal situation as they can cover multiple shot shapes with one mold, however I personally have a distaste for domey discs and am not a fan of this feature.

I guess this makes sense. I feel like the Majesty is very similar to the Yikun Dae in terms of look and flight.

Regardless, sounds like there are some QC issues.

Definitely not new at all. These were approved in November 2020 and the first run of them came in the mystery boxes two years ago. That first run was actually a great run. They were flatter and very comfortable in hand. For me, that first run was a great hyzer flip up forehand disc that I could easily get 360-400' out of. They were perfectly understable for the speed and they filled that hole in the Discmania lineup of a Shryke style disc.

Once the production run came out a few months after the mystery boxes, that run came out super domey (as did that entire Active lineup shipment) and they didn't fly the same at all. Like mentioned, much more overstable, like a beefy boss or something of those likes.

When I first saw a Majesty in-store, I was astonished at the dome, and didn't buy one. Maybe that has been remedied because lately they look ok (but I still haven't bought one).

I appreciate how MVP posts an engineering-style drawing of the side profile of each disc. Easy to find a disc with the dome it's designed to have by comparing to the drawing. All manufacturers should take note.

I got one of these in a tournament last year. Just stuck it in the box of unused/unwanted discs and never tried it.

I got one of these in a tournament last year. Just stuck it in the box of unused/unwanted discs and never tried it.

The 2 Majesties I have are both very flat and pretty glideless. For what this disc actually does, I can think of many, many better molds. The Majesty was unimpressive in every way.

The 2 Majesties I have are both very flat and pretty glideless. For what this disc actually does, I can think of many, many better molds. The Majesty was unimpressive in every way.

Going off of memory but I think the one I have has what I would call an average dome. It definitely isn't flat but it's not what I would call a pop top either. It just wasn't a disc that I was even remotely curious about so in the stash it went.

Not to derail this too much but along with the Majesty they also threw a Sensei into my players pack. I also set that aside because I mostly didn't care but boredom got me curious enough to throw it one evening on my local pitch and putt and it really is a wonderful throwing putter. Pretty true to the 0/1 stability but the glide is crazy. Honestly, if a newer player was looking for their first throwing putter it might be the one I would recommend.

Ok. Derailment over.

Going off of memory but I think the one I have has what I would call an average dome. It definitely isn't flat but it's not what I would call a pop top either. It just wasn't a disc that I was even remotely curious about so in the stash it went.

Not to derail this too much but along with the Majesty they also threw a Sensei into my players pack. I also set that aside because I mostly didn't care but boredom got me curious enough to throw it one evening on my local pitch and putt and it really is a wonderful throwing putter. Pretty true to the 0/1 stability but the glide is crazy. Honestly, if a newer player was looking for their first throwing putter it might be the one I would recommend.

Ok. Derailment over.

I don't think I've seen or thrown a Sensei. I've seen a few of the other discs in that series, though. The Astronaut looks like it could be a long, understable bomber, but I haven't thrown that one yet.

Definitely not new at all. These were approved in November 2020 and the first run of them came in the mystery boxes two years ago. That first run was actually a great run. They were flatter and very comfortable in hand. For me, that first run was a great hyzer flip up forehand disc that I could easily get 360-400' out of. They were perfectly understable for the speed and they filled that hole in the Discmania lineup of a Shryke style disc.

Once the production run came out a few months after the mystery boxes, that run came out super domey (as did that entire Active lineup shipment) and they didn't fly the same at all. Like mentioned, much more overstable, like a beefy boss or something of those likes.

Agree with most of this. I can't get as much distance as you tho. My mystery box Majesty is a nice disc. Most Active Line discs are crazy domey tho, so kind of unusable for me.

Latest posts