• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Reverb distance driver

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone heard of or thrown the Reverb? Seems to be a new-ish overstable distance driver from Prodigy. Given flight numbers are 13, 5, 0, 3.5. After trying one today, I pretty much agree with those flight numbers.

Unknown weight. No markings or embossing anywhere on the disc. Definitely not below 170g.

First off, the disc itself looks good. Clear, somewhat gummy plastic. Noticeable dome. Definitely not flat. Rim width seems wider than a Destroyer, but narrower than a Boss or Nuke.

The Reverb flies well, and does what it's supposed to. It'll turn just a smidge on really hard throws, and flies flat decently before fading somewhat heavily late. This disc feels good in the hand, and the gumminess of the plastic helps with grip. Good, but not great, glide. I won't call the Reverb floaty, but it glides adequately for a fast, overstable driver.

Top distance with the Reverb was probably 430'. I had a couple fairly deep rips when I forced the disc over anny and let it flex out some.

Final thoughts: The Reverb is a pretty decent overstable driver from Prodigy. I'm not really a Prodigy fan, but ended up liking this disc. I'd say the Reverb compares well to stuff like Defenders, D1s, Nukes, ETC. Slightly faster and more stable than a Destroyer, but the Reverb isn't so beefy that it can't be thrown far. This disc is suited for guys with big arms who absolutely want to smash. Would I bag it. Yes. I liked throwing the Reverb, and it did what I was asking of it on the course.

Prodigy seems to have produced something decent here. Reverb: 13, 5, -0.5, 3. I imagine this disc will turn more when/if it breaks in. The plastic is nice, better than I'm used to seeing out of Prodigy.

You didn't mention this, but Reverb is a Kevin Jones collaboration disc, along with the Distortion and the Feedback (his discs have music oriented names, reflecting his hobby as a DJ).

I don't recall Prodigy giving KJUSA's series much of a marketing push, but that might be more of a reflection on Prodigy's general weakness in the United States market. Hell, their own website only shows a vague category "Prodigy collabs" and you have to click it to learn they've also done discs with Cale and Isaac.

Sorry if this became a Prodigy rant. Glad you found a disc you like. I used to bag a lot of Prodigy and liked their plastics, but gradually moved away over time due to inconsistency among disc runs.

You didn't mention this, but Reverb is a Kevin Jones collaboration disc, along with the Distortion and the Feedback (his discs have music oriented names, reflecting his hobby as a DJ).

I don't recall Prodigy giving KJUSA's series much of a marketing push, but that might be more of a reflection on Prodigy's general weakness in the United States market. Hell, their own website only shows a vague category "Prodigy collabs" and you have to click it to learn they've also done discs with Cale and Isaac.

Sorry if this became a Prodigy rant. Glad you found a disc you like. I used to bag a lot of Prodigy and liked their plastics, but gradually moved away over time due to inconsistency among disc runs.

I have no clue about the Reverb's history. It's a disc I found in a lake.

I'm not really a Prodigy guy at all. I try to like their discs, but there's just no consistency. One disc will be superb, and the next few will be totally different and worse.

The Reverb is a pretty good driver if you like fast, overstable stuff. Very much like the D1.

I have no clue about the Reverb's history. It's a disc I found in a lake.

I'm not really a Prodigy guy at all. I try to like their discs, but there's just no consistency. One disc will be superb, and the next few will be totally different and worse.

The Reverb is a pretty good driver if you like fast, overstable stuff. Very much like the D1.
Probably because it's a retooled D1 🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_215457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_215457_Chrome.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0