• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] "McBeth Disc Golf" Star Destroyers

Or you could just, ya know, buy a normal Destroyer for at least $4 less (or more).

Proceeds are going to Throw Pink. Breast Cancer is a good cause to spend a few dollars extra on, so please stop it with the bitching about the price. I do think this is taking the ole April Fool's post a little far, but it's *almost* funny. If I didn't already own too many cool Destroyers and didn't already have my eye on several more that I can't currently afford I'd probably buy a few of these, but oh well.

I can donate to them directly, myself. I do not need Innova taking my credit. So please, stop with the "it's for a good cause" nonsense so a plastic flying object company can make money.

Proceeds are going to Throw Pink. Breast Cancer is a good cause to spend a few dollars extra on, so please stop it with the bitching about the price. I do think this is taking the ole April Fool's post a little far, but it's *almost* funny. If I didn't already own too many cool Destroyers and didn't already have my eye on several more that I can't currently afford I'd probably buy a few of these, but oh well.

I'm fine with the good cause, and have bought "Throw Pink" discs in the past to support said causes. Still, the shipping costs are exorbitant (and no, I am not in need of nor mood of placing a large enough order to get free shipping).

I can donate to them directly, myself. I do not need Innova taking my credit. So please, stop with the "it's for a good cause" nonsense so a plastic flying object company can make money.

Wow, everybody so salty!

Wow, everybody so salty!

I don't think tha was salty at all. But sometimes the truth is tough. I get that. How much is innova donating?

Unfortunately sometimes these "donations" are so small it's a ploy to sell more. I'm not saying innova is doing that, but some companies do and it's shady and makes people skeptical, Some folks would prefer to donate 100% of what they give, vs. a percentage point. Don't believe me?

By the way to say people bitch about the pro shop is just being dumb. Justin at Community Discs charges $1 to ship a disc, innova charges $6? Please, smh.

Wow, everybody so salty!

I appreciate your use of the word salty...more people need to use it. That said, @iDG covered my point well. Not mad or a hater or trolling, just being honest. I doubt Innova is donating 100% of the profit on these discs...if they were why would the put a pros name on it? He HAS to be getting a cut, even if it's only a penny per disc. Nonetheless my main point is why should Innova sell 1000 of these in two hours when we wouldn't actually buy 1000 Destroyers in an ordinary two hours..it's a marketing ploy to get people to click "confirm payment."

By the way to say people bitch about the pro shop is just being dumb. Justin at Community Discs charges $1 to ship a disc, innova charges $6? Please, smh.

Even small companies (Reptilian, Element, Ozone) only charge $2-$3 per disc. Most major online retailers charge that or less. Innova, Discmania, and Discraft officials stores really are just taking a piss on the shipping costs. I see it justified by a "2-Day Priority USPS" fee, but then they take 3 days to process the order before it even goes to USPS... I'd rather at least have the option for Standard Business. I can ship discs via USPS standard for $2.60 a disc without a business account and they usually arrive within 3 days...

Bah. Just annoyed with businesses gouging extra profit out of "shipping" cost on top of retail price.

I'M GETTIN' SALTY HERE, BOYS!

I appreciate your use of the word salty...more people need to use it. That said, @iDG covered my point well. Not mad or a hater or trolling, just being honest. I doubt Innova is donating 100% of the profit on these discs...if they were why would the put a pros name on it? He HAS to be getting a cut, even if it's only a penny per disc. Nonetheless my main point is why should Innova sell 1000 of these in two hours when we wouldn't actually buy 1000 Destroyers in an ordinary two hours..it's a marketing ploy to get people to click "confirm payment."

It truly is played out. So is "played out". I'm at a loss for words. I'm just feeling garrulous this morning, no reason to be surprised that anything posted on the internet gets a negative reaction, so probably not worth pointing out. That being said, the whole thing seems pretty innocuous, the donation percentage whatever it is, included.

Carry on!