• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McCord Park in Little Elm, Texas

johnrhouck

.:Master Course Designer:.
Premium Member
Any updates on this course John? I'm in The Colony and CAN'T WAIT for this course to open!

That is the right piece of land. It just doesn't go that far south of the pond. I think you're going to enjoy your new home course.

playground

I stopped by about a week ago to see the progress, and I had a couple questions:
1) Some of the teepads (or what I assumed were teepads) looked precariously close and overlapping with the playground equipment that was being installed. Is that the case, or were those not teepads?
2) Will the course be open before the rest of the park, because it looked like it would still probably be a few months for all the playground and walking paths to be finished?

I stopped by about a week ago to see the progress, and I had a couple questions:
1) Some of the teepads (or what I assumed were teepads) looked precariously close and overlapping with the playground equipment that was being installed. Is that the case, or were those not teepads?

Those are not teepads. I was careful to keep the course well away from the playground.

2) Will the course be open before the rest of the park, because it looked like it would still probably be a few months for all the playground and walking paths to be finished?

I believe the plan is to open the course first, but I can't speak for the developer or the parks department. I'll let everyone know when I get any confirmation.

This was asked already in the DFW main thread, Does anyone know if there are any updates on the opening date for this course? I know last page John Houck said middle of this month. Waiting is hard, espically when you just got a house 5 minutes away.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Construction is a bit behind schedule -- that's all I really know.

When we have a date, I will certainly let everyone know. Right now, if I had to guess, I'd say August. Maybe waiting will be a little easier if it's 100 degrees?

Construction is a bit behind schedule -- that's all I really know.

When we have a date, I will certainly let everyone know. Right now, if I had to guess, I'd say August. Maybe waiting will be a little easier if it's 100 degrees?

Awww... man. Yeah. It makes it easier to wait when its months away instead of weeks.

Maybe waiting will be a little easier if it's 100 degrees?

Honestly John, no... it's not easier. Every day is a good day to play disc golf. I'm glad you're getting it right before opening the course. It will be a nice fall treat to play there.

My group of old guys does a disc golf weekend every year. Maybe we'll hit this one before we head out to Selah Ranch. I really like your course designs.

Honestly John, no... it's not easier.

Oh well. It was worth a try.

My group of old guys does a disc golf weekend every year. Maybe we'll hit this one before we head out to Selah Ranch. I really like your course designs.

Thanks so much, Eegor. We're getting close to getting the first two new courses open in Live Oak, and we may soon be announcing a couple other new Texas courses you can add to your itinerary.

I could see a basket sticking out of the ground in Mccord park from 423 this morning.

gonna try to go by there and see if the course is playable yet in the morning. It's close to home and Mr Houck hasn't let me down yet... and I've played a lot of his courses :)