• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McCord Park in Little Elm, Texas

All the new tees have been poured, and the trees should be planted any day now. We're really getting close.

Any interest in having a meetup when it opens? Maybe even a mini tourney? Just a thought.

That meetup sounds like a great idea.

It would also be cool if the Little Elm course had a team to represent it at Texas Teams this year. So if there are six of you who live reasonably near the course and want to make a trip to Selah and Trey Deuce in November, send me an e-mail: [email protected]

It would also be cool if the Little Elm course had a team to represent it at Texas Teams this year. So if there are six of you who live reasonably near the course and want to make a trip to Selah and Trey Deuce in November, send me an e-mail: [email protected]

what a cool idea...I'll pass the info along to my buddies in the area.
maybe a mini to form up a team?

So what are the chances it's open by next weekend (Sept 27-29)? Or should we push it to the first weekend in October to be safe? What day works best for everyone? Anyone good at planning these things? I'm a noob, so if someone wants to step up, that would be great.

Consider me signed up for the texas teams thing. I live 5 minutes away and am always looking for an excuse to get out to Selah Ranch again. I know a few others who live in the general area who play as well if we need additional folks. The meetup sounds like a great idea.

A meetup would be sweet! I'm also very interested in Texas Teams. I live in The Colony and after the next ratings update I'll most likely be above 935 so I would be an advanced player.

I emailed the Parks and Rec director in Little Elm to see if I could get a more detailed update. Unfortunately, he did not have much information, as the developer is in charge of construction. He said the same as John, waiting on trees to be planted. The waiting is killing me...the weather is perfect right now!

I emailed the Parks and Rec director in Little Elm to see if I could get a more detailed update. Unfortunately, he did not have much information, as the developer is in charge of construction. He said the same as John, waiting on trees to be planted. The waiting is killing me...the weather is perfect right now!

The recent rains will help a lot with the trees and any other plants that John has put in.

I'm anxious too, but it's always best to wait until it's right. It's really muddy in Garland, so it's probably wet up there too. Another week to dry out works for me.

For anyone wondering, Mccord DGC is now open and its great. Thanks John for designing another amazing course!

For anyone wondering, Mccord DGC is now open and its great. Thanks John for designing another amazing course!

I highly doubt that since most of the long tees are unplayable. Just cause the baskets are in doesnt mean the course is open.

Thanks, Recant -- if you think it's great now, give it a week or two. Some of the lines are, in my mind, still a bit ridiculous. They're still trimming limbs, some of which are critical, and until that's done, some holes don't have much of a shot. Also, 7 tee signs need to be replaced.

So I'm not going to recommend that anyone go out and play just yet. But it is, after all, a free country.

I'll know more Thursday afternoon.

Hey John, whats up with holes 4 and 5? 5's basket is in line with long 4's pad??
Are they gonna do anything with the swap by 4' basket and 5's pads?

Rob,

The long tee was #4 was supposed to have been moved. Sounds like that hasn't happened, so I'll look into it.

They assured me there would be no swamps, so I'll assume that's on their To Do list. But I'll check.

This course is going to be great once finished. I played it on Saturday (10/12/13) and still enjoyed it despite the current conditions. I Look forward to enjoying it more in the future.

Unless you love getting muddy and are looking for an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes, I would recommend waiting at least until the spring to play this course. I went out on Saturday, and while parts of it were playable, the majority was too muddy to truly enjoy. It looks promising, although the creek could be a major disc eater on a few holes, my hope is that proper irrigation and sodding will alleviate the mud problem.

Hey John,

For starters I'm a huge fan of the New course. It's been quite the discussion in the DFW Disc Golf Community. So what changes are supposed to be made?People keep saying trees are still needed cut down. I was under the impression no more trees can be cut down due to the metal tags on the trees that need to be preserved. For me holes 4 and 5 and 16 from the longs are the real issues with this course. Is there any way you can give us some incite on the direction of the course. I read the course par is changing to 60 and hole 4 from the longs is changing. Any word on that?

Hey John,

For starters I'm a huge fan of the New course. It's been quite the discussion in the DFW Disc Golf Community. So what changes are supposed to be made?People keep saying trees are still needed cut down. I was under the impression no more trees can be cut down due to the metal tags on the trees that need to be preserved. For me holes 4 and 5 and 16 from the longs are the real issues with this course. Is there any way you can give us some incite on the direction of the course. I read the course par is changing to 60 and hole 4 from the longs is changing. Any word on that?

For those who haven't heard, it's not quite perfect yet, but the course is now open. We have tee signs to replace for the holes that have recently been changed, and there may still be a few limbs to cut. We posted a few pictures last night at https://www.facebook.com/HouckDesign

The crew has done a lot of work on drainage, so I'm hoping that by now muddy spots on the course are no longer an issue. The main thing I'm still working on is the long tee for #4, so I'll let you know when we get that fixed.

Larry, I'm glad to hear you're liking the course so much. To answer your questions, there are no trees coming out, and the par is down to 60 because #9 used to be a par four. As far as I know, there are no more plans for apartment expansion, so the course should remain in its current configuration.

Also, reviews have now been enabled here on DGCR, so have at it.

Thanks,
John

Latest posts