• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

If it's listed on here as a course, it counts. For me, that's the easiest way to keep track. Target courses absolutely should count. Somebody went to the trouble of designing a layout.

Really, at the end of the day, does it matter THAT much? After about 100 courses, it's just a talking point.

Anyone else care to add to this discussion?

All good questions. If you ever solve them, there'll be more to follow, because of the spectrum of disc golf courses people install, permanently or temporarily, and the ever-changing nature of some of them.

Crooked Creek Park (Chapin, SC), has an 18-hole layout. They added an extra set of 9 holes, in a string, not a loop. Someone listed them separately on this site as the "Pro 9", or somesuch. But nobody plays them as a separate course, since they don't make a loop. I count it all as one course.

Stoney Hill has both continuously evolved, so that few holes now are the same as they were in 2008; and increasingly built two overlapping layouts, so that, at this point, they play as almost completely different courses, with only 4 shared holes. But they're contained in the same footprint, more or less, and I count them as one.

Gran Canyon existed as a private course for years. It was then closed for about 6 years, and has since re-opened as an annual temp course. Except the new version is almost completely different, in many places fairways are reversed. I count them as separate courses (in part, to keep my internal debate going as to which was better).

Someone could argue the opposite, in all 3 cases, and have valid points.

A friend built a 9-hole private course, strictly a personal course, so it doesn't even have a name. Can't put it on an official list, but I count it.

Who knows what someone else will come up with, that doesn't fit categorization.

As for the object courses, you'll might want to sort out some groundrules about how long they've existed with essentially the same layout, whether they've had printed maps, etc. You might find some college students with Frisbees have created bunches of them, that each disappear after the term, to be left for the next term to create their own new course.

I've enjoyed seeing my courses played list grow... just over 200 now @3.8 years into this crazy thing called disc golf... would probably be aiming for the really big numbers if I didn't have a full time job but thankful that the job I have does allow me to travel and see great courses all over. Only a couple of people higher on this list than me have less years... but I guessing my rate of growth will slow because most of my travel is back to the same places... I often prefer to play a good course again rather than try some little on the side thrown together thing (Not that I've met many courses I don't like for what they are)... I like to see my progress over time on courses I've already played. Funny how my scores haven't improved as much as I think my throwing and putting has??? Hopefully that changes soon. ;)

Anyway, look forward to seeing some of you out there... I'm sure I've met some of you already and just don't know it.

All good questions. If you ever solve them, there'll be more to follow, because of the spectrum of disc golf courses people install, permanently or temporarily, and the ever-changing nature of some of them.

As for the object courses, you'll might want to sort out some groundrules about how long they've existed with essentially the same layout, whether they've had printed maps, etc. You might find some college students with Frisbees have created bunches of them, that each disappear after the term, to be left for the next term to create their own new course.

interesting examples. personally, i'd count each as one.
for object courses, by their nature i'd consider one location as one course regardless of changing layouts. but i think the same thing for basket courses so that's just me.

I've enjoyed seeing my courses played list grow... just over 200 now @3.8 years into this crazy thing called disc golf... would probably be aiming for the really big numbers if I didn't have a full time job but thankful that the job I have does allow me to travel and see great courses all over. Only a couple of people higher on this list than me have less years... but I guessing my rate of growth will slow because most of my travel is back to the same places... I often prefer to play a good course again rather than try some little on the side thrown together thing (Not that I've met many courses I don't like for what they are)... I like to see my progress over time on courses I've already played. Funny how my scores haven't improved as much as I think my throwing and putting has??? Hopefully that changes soon. ;)

Anyway, look forward to seeing some of you out there... I'm sure I've met some of you already and just don't know it.

:clap: nice!

just wait til you've tapped all your other new course resources; the course bagger bug is contagious and viral!

It seems pretty easy to get to 100, so I'm saying 200 is the new 100! it takes about that many courses played to impress me haha

for most of us but the pain is real for some of our fly-over-state brethren

but if you live in TX, NC, the northeast, or the upper midwest then it's just a matter of having the time and motivation to travel

that depends on where you live. if i played every course within 6 hours of me, i would still not crack 200.

It seems pretty easy to get to 100, so I'm saying 200 is the new 100! it takes about that many courses played to impress me haha

It's a lot easier than it used to be lol. When I 1st started playing on baskets there were less than 15 courses in the entire state of MS. Now there are that many just in the Tupelo area alone.

Is there a way to view how many courses you have played each year? I would love to see the progression I made between years.

Is there a way to view how many courses you have played each year? I would love to see the progression I made between years.

You can sort them by date as long as your in desktop mode.

Clearly I am missing something. I am not able to find that filter.

Go to your DGCR Dashboard page and it has course listings, just click on the header for date played and it will sort them that way. I think you may have to scroll through a couple pages to see them all but it works. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was very dissappointed in myself for the last year.

Go to your DGCR Dashboard page and it has course listings, just click on the header for date played and it will sort them that way. I think you may have to scroll through a couple pages to see them all but it works. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was very dissappointed in myself for the last year.

I see it on my reviewed courses but not on my played list.

Not for some of us!

So if I play all of the courses with in 50 miles from where I live that I have not played I'd get to maybe 75. Most of the new courses I get to play are no where near where I live. For some of us it's not easy playing new courses, it's more of an addiction. Every time I travel I try and plan to hit a new course or two and I still think 100 courses is going to be a bit of a challenge. 200 is almost impossible until I can retire and devote my life to playing new courses.

I drove 95 miles each way to play Warwick again on Saturday, yet I haven't played many of the nine hole courses within 30 miles of my house. I'm spoiled.

I feel bad for you folks in course-scarce areas. I'm very cognizant of my good fortune living in WI (as far as DG goes)...I went over 200 played just in my state a couple weeks ago, and couldn't imagine not having the choices I do.