• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

I was going to post something about hitting 100 recently, but the last couple of pages of people hitting 500, 1000, and 1500 have kind of intimidated me. =D

Don't be intimidated. Most disc golfers never play 100 different courses. There are some of us that are sick and driven to play new courses. I know I can't bring myself to play a round unless it's on a course I have never played before. In fact, in the last 6 years I would say I have played maybe a dozen rounds on courses I have played before, the rest were over 1000 different courses.

Don't be intimidated. Most disc golfers never play 100 different courses. There are some of us that are sick and driven to play new courses. I know I can't bring myself to play a round unless it's on a course I have never played before. In fact, in the last 6 years I would say I have played maybe a dozen rounds on courses I have played before, the rest were over 1000 different courses.
I have this weird thing where I don't like to review good courses if I play them once. I'm too subjective of a review guy so I like to have 3-5 plays on a course that I'm going to rate 3.5 or higher. It keeps me from blasting or over-rating a course just because of the mood I was in. The better the course, the more plays it takes. I end up with a whole bunch of good courses I've played that I never mark as played or review on here because I get like you, I don't much want to go back and play that good course again. I want to drive past it and see what the 9-holer a 1/2 hour down the road is like.

I have this weird thing where I don't like to review good courses if I play them once. I'm too subjective of a review guy so I like to have 3-5 plays on a course that I'm going to rate 3.5 or higher. It keeps me from blasting or over-rating a course just because of the mood I was in. The better the course, the more plays it takes. I end up with a whole bunch of good courses I've played that I never mark as played or review on here because I get like you, I don't much want to go back and play that good course again. I want to drive past it and see what the 9-holer a 1/2 hour down the road is like.
Interesting take. While I can't fault where you're coming from, my take is the majority of courses I play, I will likely never play again. :|

So my choice becomes:
a) review it having only played it once.
b) don't review it.

Interesting take. While I can't fault where you're coming from, my take is the majority of courses I play, I will likely never play again. :|

So my choice becomes:
a) review it having only played it once.
b) don't review it.
I've never taken a big disc golf road trip to someplace I didn't think I'd ever go back to. My entire disc golf experience is driving back and forth from my house to Chicago. :\ Now that we don't go to Chicago anymore, I guess I have to get serious about bagging the course around here I've been ignoring.

Currently at 128 in just Alabama counting extinct and practice courses. Ten ahead of wellsbranch250. I need wellsbranch250 to step up his bagging to motivate myself to complete the state.

I've been focusing on getting to 100 Tennessee courses. up to 90 now. After that i'd like to hit 100 in Georgia.

Hit 300 courses after a weekend bagging trip to Lancaster PA. Talk about a target-rich environment. :)

Number 300 was a 6-hole church course (Zion Lutheran Church). I know some folks plan a special course for their milestones, but a rinky-dink 6-holer that just happened to be on the way seemed even more appropriate. :D

Hidden Hollow was a ton of fun. Backyard (literally) course with plenty of technical ace runs and some longer holes. Met some nice folks, too (including the owner).

Hobson Park Mini DGC was a blast. Beautiful 18-hole park course that you play with minis. What's not to like? Macro Tesla was doing work until I lost it.

Already planning trips for the next hundred courses. ;)

Hit 300 courses after a weekend bagging trip to Lancaster PA. Talk about a target-rich environment. :)

Number 300 was a 6-hole church course (Zion Lutheran Church). I know some folks plan a special course for their milestones, but a rinky-dink 6-holer that just happened to be on the way seemed even more appropriate. :D

Hidden Hollow was a ton of fun. Backyard (literally) course with plenty of technical ace runs and some longer holes. Met some nice folks, too (including the owner).

Hobson Park Mini DGC was a blast. Beautiful 18-hole park course that you play with minis. What's not to like? Macro Tesla was doing work until I lost it.

Already planning trips for the next hundred courses. ;)

Yes, Hobson is a blast. I think there's a uDisc review complaining that the baskets are too small.

Lots of fun courses in that area.

I finally hit 1000 courses... well... played plus wishlisted that is :)

course 1000 (played plus + wishlisted) was The Club on Cypress in North Alabama, which is getting mostly great reviews from the players i know around here. I hope play it in a few weeks. lots of elevation change and plus 10000 in length.

Hit a few milestones today.

First was I finally did a 100-hole day - ended up with 123 holes over 8 rounds at 7 courses.

Second, I played my 300th course.

Third, I knocked off Oak Grove from my bagger's bucket list as number 300.

Wish I had more daylight to take down another 36! Almost beginning to feel like a real bagger again…

On a recent trip out west, I added Milo/Riverbend to my list as course 250/State 39.

Then played rounds at Bryant Park and Pier Park before heading into Washington to add course 253/State 40 at the Skamania Lodge.

Now it's time to plan another DG trip....:D