• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Merrell Trail Glove

I tried them on, they just are not rugged enough for me. They seem like more of a casual hiker/walker style shoe. They almost seem like a slightly heavier "aqua sock." No long term experience with them so let's see what others have to say...

I scoped those out the other day before I bought some Moab Ventilators. They look really nice but if I shredded the soles on my Merrell Chameleons with DG, a shoe designed to be barefoot simulating has little to no chance.

Im gonna have to check these out in person. Look great and Im a lighter little guy that doesnt trash shoes to hard anymore. Might be the perfect thing for me.

I disagree.. Tried both on last week.. Bought "those damn vibram five fingers"... I was not a fan of the Merrells, which kind of bummed me because I wear Merrells as my "rugged" DG shoes. The Merrells just didnt feel that great to me for some reason.. I also went through 6 different VFF's in the store before I found the ones that worked for me.

New balance now has minimalist trail shoes. I tried the merrels, and I own a pair of vibrams but preferred the new balance. I can't get used to the pinkie toe, it just doesn't fit right.

bam bizzle. couldnt be happier with my kso's. im about to order a pair of speeds tonight or saturday as well!

Those speeds are cool!

I have issues with the pinkie too, but I'm getting much quicker at getting them on. I absolutely love the feeling of wearing them.

Vibram would (I think) get alot of new business from the tentative potential customer if they had an option of a mesh flap that would cover up the toes, to help with the 'different' factor.

Sorry... thread hijack. The Merrells have Vibram soles! bonus! They look cool, anyone tried both?

This will be my last VFF post in your Merrell thread.. (Sorry about that).. ^^^^ when youre pulling the shoes on.. pull the shoe on from the side that your pinky toe is on.. mine slides right in when I do it that way..

I have five different pairs of minimal shoes. The Merrell's are my favorite. Already have a ton of rounds in them.

I have no issues with roots or rocks with the Merrell's. But I've also been wearing minimal shoes now for almost two years. I think they feel and look better than the VFF's.

Haven't tried the shoes, but I'm always a big supporter of "barefoot" running. It's much more natural and will feel better the more you do it. I think Merrell has a video or 2 on their site about it.

Latest posts