• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I may try and get to the Huver Dam Course this weekend and get the first review in on it.

I may try and get to the Huver Dam Course this weekend and get the first review in on it.

good luck, been trying to get out there for over a year. however, if you go sunday, I may be able to join you.

Hey all, hailing all frequencies here...I'll paste what I did in the thread I started:

Hi all!

My good buddy Michael Wildner of Traverse City, MI is only 48 votes shy of qualifying for a grant that Chase is giving to small businesses. It's for $250,000, and with that, he will install more courses in our state.

The deadline is midnight, in three hours. Let's light this up! His small business is called "Yeti Tech," and that button pops right up with the page. It's in conjunction with Facebook, so I think you might have to do this through your FB account?

https://www.missionmainstreetgrants..../detail/104758

He's the guy behind the new "Wild Haven" course just south of Manton, near where 131 stops being a freeway. You can see the baskets on the freeway!

Correction...I just found out the deadline is through tomorrow not by tomorrow. We've got a little over 24 hours to MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :)

208 votes tallied, 42 needed by the end of Friday night, Nov. 15...

good luck, been trying to get out there for over a year. however, if you go sunday, I may be able to join you.

Why haven't you gotten up there? No one there?

Thank you, Earic02 and everyone else who participated...He got his votes! Now he's onto the next phase of the project, which I believe is his proposal making it to the suits' desks.

If you haven't made it to Wild Haven near Manton yet, it's his course. He'd be delighted to have you there...It's a private course (and listed on this website), but you can just show up and slip a few bucks in the pay tube.

Thank you, Earic02 and everyone else who participated...He got his votes! Now he's onto the next phase of the project, which I believe is his proposal making it to the suits' desks.

If you haven't made it to Wild Haven near Manton yet, it's his course. He'd be delighted to have you there...It's a private course (and listed on this website), but you can just show up and slip a few bucks in the pay tube.

So, the gig is, he is looking for a quarter million dollar grant for Chase to install P2P private courses? Up north only or is he looking at a larger region?

After going back a couple of months of posts, there did not appear to be any mention of a possible new course going in northeast GR, Northview district I believe, in some sort of sports complex. Anyone else hear about this?

After going back a couple of months of posts, there did not appear to be any mention of a possible new course going in northeast GR, Northview district I believe, in some sort of sports complex. Anyone else hear about this?

grand island park, a former ball golf course. they are apparently working on it.

grand island park, a former ball golf course. they are apparently working on it.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Maybe it will be Macatawa-ish?
Regardless, it should be better than my closest DG choice now - Riverside. My next option is Johnson - love the course, hate the absence of baskets. Jaycee is okay, but... I played it more this past year than I had in the past. Kinda bored with it, I guess.
Cascade is a great course, but really needs a re-design of a handful of holes (1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18) intersecting with pedestrian/vehicle traffic. And cement teepads would be nice, too.
All that to say, it will be a welcome addition to the GR DG scene.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Maybe it will be Macatawa-ish?
Regardless, it should be better than my closest DG choice now - Riverside. My next option is Johnson - love the course, hate the absence of baskets. Jaycee is okay, but... I played it more this past year than I had in the past. Kinda bored with it, I guess.
Cascade is a great course, but really needs a re-design of a handful of holes (1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18) intersecting with pedestrian/vehicle traffic. And cement teepads would be nice, too.
All that to say, it will be a welcome addition to the GR DG scene.

my worry is that it will end up being another riverside. it's basically right on the river and I'm sure it's prone to flooding.. and I guarantee there will be geese :\

my worry is that it will end up being another riverside. it's basically right on the river and I'm sure it's prone to flooding.. and I guarantee there will be geese :\

Ugh! Geese. Hate 'em. They've managed to "fowl" up Riverside, Lamar & Heritage.:thmbdown:

You should play fallasburg. A bit out the way but worth it.

You should play fallasburg. A bit out the way but worth it.
It is a little bit of a drive. I've played the Sunday Fall/Winter league a few time this year.
I just want something that isn't over 1/2 an hours drive, ya know? It's five minutes to Riverside, 20 to Jaycee or Cascade, 30 to Brewer. I'd rather spend money on something other than gas. Like new discs.:D Or even a fee to play DG on a well-kept course.