• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Hey Obligation, where is black widow, a private course?

Just the fancy name for Kensingtons course.

I wonder how The Gulch is for lefties, I've been lucky enough to have solid Anhyzers (RHBH) that saves me strokes.

I'm thinking about practicing rollers because honestly there are a few holes that jacknife one side or the other too far for someone to hyzer the disc in but the right placed roller could save some strokes.

Just the fancy name for Kensingtons course.

I wonder how The Gulch is for lefties, I've been lucky enough to have solid Anhyzers (RHBH) that saves me strokes.

I'm thinking about practicing rollers because honestly there are a few holes that jacknife one side or the other too far for someone to hyzer the disc in but the right placed roller could save some strokes.

Ummmm... it's Black Locust.

Yea, that was my confusion as well fullnelson. I don't really have a roller, but you are probably right, they might be a great answer to some of the unreachable holes at The Gulch, Obligation. Seems kind of silly to design a course for the use of rollers on multiple holes, without much other options though. I will keep trying to beat this course.

You live 5 mins from there, why would you suppose more people haven't played and reviewed it yet?

Most of the people I know who have played it are members from discgolfscene and are not dgcr members. Same thing with my course, Tomahawk Park. Not that we have anything against anyone here, it's just that we meet and know a lot more locals who will drive out to the sticks who are only on dgscene.

In reality, we are just regular joes, with regular jobs, who just happen to love dg and own enough land to have their own private course. With work, family, and other obligations, finding time to even play is limited. Add in finding time to mow/maintain and all I can really offer the public is a chance to join us on monday nights for our league. We don't make a dime from dg but enjoy sharing it with others.

We're not quite in the same league as Flip City or Addison Oaks, but are slowly getting there and add our own unique flavor to the disc golf experience. You could always check my course out at our league on monday nights (only 3 weeks left) at 6pm. After Labor Day, most of my free time will be focused on building other courses before winter settles in.

Last edited:
Muskegon's McGraft Park now has cement tees on twelve holes in the long tee position. The other long tees are to be done in the next couple of weeks. The short tees are supposedly also getting cement tees, but will require separate fundraising.

This course needed cement tees more than any I'm aware of.

Grayling

Just played a new nine hole course in grayling. It is nine holes and is across the street from the fish hatchery. No name or anything, but the course was a fun play. Seems a little rough around the edges. There are no signs or teepads but the baskets are brand new. A sign is visible from the road (disc golf here) basically. When you pull into the park, there is nothing to indicate where to go, however. Just walk through the playground, pavilion, and down the stairs. First hole is on the left and throws to the right. After that the course is intuitive.

If someone already posted about this course, sorry to be redundant. I graze on this thread all the time and did not see anything.

Just played a new nine hole course in grayling. It is nine holes and is across the street from the fish hatchery. No name or anything, but the course was a fun play. Seems a little rough around the edges. There are no signs or teepads but the baskets are brand new. A sign is visible from the road (disc golf here) basically. When you pull into the park, there is nothing to indicate where to go, however. Just walk through the playground, pavilion, and down the stairs. First hole is on the left and throws to the right. After that the course is intuitive.

If someone already posted about this course, sorry to be redundant. I graze on this thread all the time and did not see anything.
Haven't heard of it yet. I'm sure we'll get more details later.

Speaking of Grayling, the Hanson Hills courses have been renamed appropriately on DGCR to Grayling Rotary - PDGA and Grayling Rotary - Pine Knoll. Credit and appreciation is now given to the Grayling Rotary Club for their support of disc golf :) And if you haven't played both those courses, you are missing out. Neither course gets enough credit for how nice they are and how great the disc golf is.

Rosevear Park in Owosso will have the concrete pads installed on Sunday August 25th. Anyone that can help us should come on out and give us a hand. We are FINALLY in the finishing stages of completion. Baskets are the final addition to be installed before October. The end is near!!!

Leviathan now has all chainstars. We replaced the handful of older single chain discatchers. Yay!
Now to finish all the concrete teepads....

Fitzgearld Park in Grand Ledge redesign is in the ground. Hole 1 has not changed. Course plays over a much larger area of the park with many more wooded holes and a few par 4's. There is a long, but very scenic walk between 12 and 13.

The fairways on the newly carved holes in the woods need a lot of love still and we're still dealing with rusty, single-chain baskets, a few bent up by falling trees and the crew of Red Dawn 2 >.< But hey, you go to war with the basket army you have.

This isn't a "new" course per se, but this is a rather noteworthy upgrade to a course I would like to point out for those in the Berrien County area. Andrews University apparently has gone through some sorely needed upgrades to their course. They now have concrete tee pads and they also have course MAPS. If you had played this course prior to these upgrades you would understand the significance. I have update my review as well. :hfive:

This isn't a "new" course per se, but this is a rather noteworthy upgrade to a course I would like to point out for those in the Berrien County area. Andrews University apparently has gone through some sorely needed upgrades to their course. They now have concrete tee pads and they also have course MAPS. If you had played this course prior to these upgrades you would understand the significance. I have update my review as well. :hfive:

FWIW, I posted a map after I played the course.

I took great pride in that sombitch.
that was the most difficult friggin map I've ever made... and I made one for lake twp (which I played the same day)...
that was a long evening right there.

I took great pride in that sombitch.
that was the most difficult friggin map I've ever made... and I made one for lake twp (which I played the same day)...
that was a long evening right there.

You did one for Lake Township? Hmmm...not posted with the course review. Not that there are droves of DG'ers flocking to that haven of disc golf nirvana. :p

Hope you didn't forget to include the mando on #17. :wall:

err, apparently I did not make a map.
I think there was one in the box when I was there and I didn't take a picture of it...
oh well.

here's my original for andrews (before timg editing)

Attachments

• andrews.jpg
    andrews.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 22
I did the map for leila arboretum in battle creek as well...

Attachments

• leila.jpg
    leila.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 15
here's my original for andrews (before timg editing)

Yeah that map brings to light the rather absurd walks between holes on that course. Played it twice this weekend figuring all the college kiddos would be gone (which they were) and it sure felt like I walked many miles. I think the walk between 13 and 14 is the longest walk between holes in all of disc golf with the walk between 6 and 7 coming in second - on the same course. :\

Man we sure need a solid 18 hole course other than Madeline Bertrand here in Berrien County...