• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini markers suck

Brockness Monster

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn
Why do disc golf mini markers suck? Why do they all have to be convex on the top and hollowed out on the bottom? I just spent an hour looking for a coin shaped marker big enough to use for disc golf to no avail. Coins are just so much more efficient in a manufacturing sense and they are easier to fit in a pocket. If anyone out there is looking to start a business for disc golf, please think about making larger plastic (cheap), aluminum (sturdy), brass (refined), and silver (show off)coins for disc golf. You might only have a market of one person, but I would love you for it. In the meantime, im thinking about picking up one of these and taking a hacksaw to it. https://www.surv-kap.com/Brass-Markers?product_id=145

I've seen big foam coins used that are legal for use as a marker, or as a pad under your knee in the "awkward stance" situations.

Why do disc golf mini markers suck? Why do they all have to be convex on the top and hollowed out on the bottom? I just spent an hour looking for a coin shaped marker big enough to use for disc golf to no avail. Coins are just so much more efficient in a manufacturing sense and they are easier to fit in a pocket. If anyone out there is looking to start a business for disc golf, please think about making larger plastic (cheap), aluminum (sturdy), brass (refined), and silver (show off)coins for disc golf. You might only have a market of one person, but I would love you for it. In the meantime, im thinking about picking up one of these and taking a hacksaw to it. https://www.surv-kap.com/Brass-Markers?product_id=145

I have never had an issue fitting a mini into my pocket. If you have issues with discs staying on the ground I have seen solid metal minis that stay put. If this is something you really want more power to you, but I wouldn't anticipate market demand for a non-frisbee shaped marker.

Brass my friend, Brass. Those cheapo plastic discs suck as stated in the thread title, and I don't think those Dremel discs meet the thickness requirement

Edit: no thickness requirement, just can't be thicker than 3 cm

Last edited:
I've seen custom aluminum markers etc, they exist.

I'm not totally sure what the beef is, but the snap cap minis fit on a beer/pop can to stop spillage they are 50 percent smaller. You just need to put a pin hole in them if you use em on your can because the carbonation and walking shoot them off unexpectedly:D

Even the Aluminum markers are shaped like discs. The disc shape takes up more space than it needs to, while a coin is nice and slim, can easily be stamped due to the flat smooth surface, and looks so much nicer than a disc. I just do not feel the need to have everything shaped like a disc, especially if it doesn't fly.

I'm not totally sure what the beef is, but the snap cap minis fit on a beer/pop can to stop spillage they are 50 percent smaller. You just need to put a pin hole in them if you use em on your can because the carbonation and walking shoot them off unexpectedly:D
snap cap mini not official(too small)
looked up specs
Mini Marker discs must have a circular shape, with a diameter ranging from 7 cm to 15 cm
and a height not exceeding 3 cm. Mini marker discs can be made from a variety of materials
(e.g. plastic, metal, wood). The Mini Disc Golf Federation officially defines mini discs suitable
for mini golf competition (http://minidiscgolf.com/rules/)
a 7cm coin is what your looking for https://www.amazon.com/Jumbo-500-Yen-Coin-7cm/dp/B09M49QKLJ

I like my disc shaped mini. I fit my Dryve knee pad into it and I have a foam knee pad available when I need it. But I do get it's not for everyone. The Treebash Tournament in Flagstaff included a Dynamic Discs flat mini in the Player's Pack.

The pyrohyzers and the rubber coaster minis look awesome. The cookie thing is just to dunk on people :p

Latest posts