• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] missing discs in lineup

pmorgan1214

Eagle Member
I was wondering if anyone here on dgcoursereview might have any insight to new discs with vibram. I really need an understable mid range and an understable fairway driver.

Any help would be great. :thmbup::thmbup:

Just curious as to if it has to be vibram. I see in your signature that you throw a Kite by innova. That is a pretty darn under stable mid. For a fairway driver, I would say try a leopard in star, champ, or even dx. It is a great fairway driver that can really grow with you. I have 3. A glow champ, a star, and my favorite a Barry Schultz 2x champ that is in that perfect spot. The only thing that sucks about this one is I will never find another one like it.

Another great mid option is the champ panther. Kind of a tweener disc. It is a 5 4 -2 1. One speed lower than a leopard, but otherwise a very similar flight path. I bag one to compliment my roc3.

I know none of this is vibram, but I hope it helps a bit. Good luck and happy throwing.

I thought I read a while back that the Trak was supposed to be inspired by the Leopard.

Ibex looks like it could do the right lines if you have the skill set.

Just curious as to if it has to be vibram. I see in your signature that you throw a Kite by innova. That is a pretty darn under stable mid. For a fairway driver, I would say try a leopard in star, champ, or even dx. It is a great fairway driver that can really grow with you. I have 3. A glow champ, a star, and my favorite a Barry Schultz 2x champ that is in that perfect spot. The only thing that sucks about this one is I will never find another one like it.

Another great mid option is the champ panther. Kind of a tweener disc. It is a 5 4 -2 1. One speed lower than a leopard, but otherwise a very similar flight path. I bag one to compliment my roc3.

I know none of this is vibram, but I hope it helps a bit. Good luck and happy throwing.

ah well this is going to be fun. i decided to switch all my discs around and play with a new set. i decided originally to go to discraft and i did. i actually played real well with them. I was just missing a little bit of certain shots. i also have a small issue that i sweat a lot with my palms and lose grip of plastic which is why i went to vibram. vibram is grippy even with a small amount of sweat or persparation on your hand.

currently in my bag is

ridge
obex
trek
olace
lace
unlace
solace

i will be getting an ibex, ascent, sole and summit. I like the way vibram is flying and has many options.

the 2 slots that i posted are the only missing links that will not take me 3-4 months of beating in a disc to get it to do what i want. i am looking for used ones that might already have that characteristic but finding a used vibram is hard.

I thought I read a while back that the Trak was supposed to be inspired by the Leopard.

Ibex looks like it could do the right lines if you have the skill set.

The Ibex is a wonderful balance of speed, glide, and neutrality, but its speed does tend to limit its shorter distance anhyzers.

Nothing. Trak is straight, Ibex is straight. And they take forever to beat in (naturally)

i had a buddy telling me he had discs that he did not hit trees with but he left in his car and they got really hot. then they cooled down over the winter. he went out and threw them and they were more flippy. could heating a vibram disc change its flight pattern and cooling them over time

My buddy scott. He throws nothing but vibram drivers. he has had some of them over a year. some he only field throws and they sit in his car. and they have become flippy with the heat and cold

Pretty sure Steve Dodge himself has said something along the lines of microwaving Vibram discs to regain stability or change shape etc in the official Vibram thread.

The easiest way to get different flying vibrams is to go with light vs heavy discs and firm (beat in) vs fresh soft/medium. Firms will break in much more like a traditional plastic disc and similar to a higher end baseline plastic vs premium champion style.

Pretty sure Steve Dodge himself has said something along the lines of microwaving Vibram discs to regain stability or change shape etc in the official Vibram thread.

The easiest way to get different flying vibrams is to go with light vs heavy discs and firm (beat in) vs fresh soft/medium. Firms will break in much more like a traditional plastic disc and similar to a higher end baseline plastic vs premium champion style.

We also noticed this as well. he has a couple firm he has had for 2 months and they are flippy after a few tree wacks and he has a couple mediums for over 6 months that are still the same.

I would still prefer to have vibram make some new molds. Maybe redesign the unlace a little bit. keep what they have for rollers.

I carry an Ibex as my understable mid. It turns. Holds annys. 177g medium.
I carry a Trak as my understable fairway. It turns too. Holds wonderful annys. 175 g firm.
I think the Trak is Vibram's best disc.

ah well this is going to be fun. i decided to switch all my discs around and play with a new set. i decided originally to go to discraft and i did. i actually played real well with them. I was just missing a little bit of certain shots. i also have a small issue that i sweat a lot with my palms and lose grip of plastic which is why i went to vibram. vibram is grippy even with a small amount of sweat or persparation on your hand.

currently in my bag is

ridge
obex
trek
olace
lace
unlace
solace

i will be getting an ibex, ascent, sole and summit. I like the way vibram is flying and has many options.

the 2 slots that i posted are the only missing links that will not take me 3-4 months of beating in a disc to get it to do what i want. i am looking for used ones that might already have that characteristic but finding a used vibram is hard.

Right on brother. I was just curious. I hope you find the discs you are looking for. I have not yet thrown vibram. I have held them and can see where the added grip would be beneficial for you. Maybe I may have to try one of vibrans molds.

Right on brother. I was just curious. I hope you find the discs you are looking for. I have not yet thrown vibram. I have held them and can see where the added grip would be beneficial for you. Maybe I may have to try one of vibrans molds.

I have thrown the lace, olace, solace, trek, ridge, summit, sole and i love all of them.
The lace is like a beat in destroyer, o lace is a fresh destroyer, solace is like a pop top destroyer. they all glide well.

I don't think there's anything out there for an understable mid-range. I'd try a 150-class Ibex. I had a 150-class Obex, which was really, really flippy, like a beat-in Roc. Covered a lot of those understable mid-range lines.

I also use the unLace for understable lines on shorter holes. I expect it to turn right/flip-up, and then it'll fade back a little bit at the end. Works pretty well for me...

I agree that they could use an understable Midrange and Fairway. I would try the Midrange for sure as it's a spot not locked down in my bag.

Understable mid-ranges I've heard good things about:

MVP Tangent
Latitude 64 Fuse

I'd compare my 150-class Obex to Tangent stability... very flippy.

I bought a Trak in firm and couldn't turn it over. Thing was beast. If you are looking to find Vibram models with more turn, I'd say be sure to try them in medium. I've tried three molds in firm and medium with the same experience in two - Trak and Lace. My Soles don't seem to be that different between medium and firm, but the mediums are pretty stiff with those.