• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most haggard but useable disc

discskavenger

Bogey Member
So being the new guy I managed to take a chunk out of my buzzz. I must say I was happy with the approach shot for sure hitting the basket from 100 feet was a first. It caused my first buzzz to get a lil slimmer. So my question is what is the most haggard disc that people still huck? I tried to upload photos but can't find my cable.

I have a 5/10 10x kc pro eagle x that is opaque and taffy. Still shows fingerprints. I can hyzerflip the crap out of it or just power down a nice tunnel shot. Will roll and finish right also. All around it is a great utility disc.

w897de.jpg
ugly, beat star viking that makes great for short rollers on holes <400

i have a super cruddy dx stingray that is great for rollers and standstill approaches for tough lies.

Here's a Z Pred that's lost several grams from chunking that still flies nice. I was using it as my understable fairway driver for a while.

BeaterZPred001.jpg

BeaterZPred003.jpg

My Rocs only get better the more chunks get taken out of them. I have a KC Pro Whippet that is more chunks than plastic anymore that I use for thumbers and controlled forehand hyzers. I keep a moderately-to-super beat DX Teebird and DX Aviar in the bag at all times for turnovers and anhyzer putts respectively.

I have an old, trashed Photon Glo Status that is just "tore up". Gouges, nicks, ugliness.
I refuse to lose it. It can do things that I've never seen any other disc accomplish.
If thrown flat it will anny, but NEVER roll. Strange, but true.

I had an orange DX Whippet I kept forever for hazardous water throws---nicks, gouges, warped, medical tape on a 1" split. It never failed, but I retired it to a friend who had no beater disc for water.

Thrashed DX Banshee, all those beautiful cuts and gashes in it - still flies like a dream.

My favorite discs in my bag are my trashed wizard and trashed roc. Both are awesome for touch shots and turnover lines, neither is quite round anymore but they fly great.

I have a old beat up pro-d xl. Cut and gouges all over it. Flies straight and finishes right. I love it for tight woods shots and rollers.

I have a Z Flick that is beat to hell. It is orange but has a good half inch of darkness around the edges from so many thumbers. :)

Latest posts