• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

^ Damn, I had my money on you saying Nebula. Although I guess that's in more of the "cult classics" section since it didn't make production but has a huge following now. I've got one I rarely use that might make it up for sale...
Yeah, I thought about it but the Neb is beyond underrated, it's like a genocide victim. :\ I went with the Aurora b/c if I had to throw one midrange mold only, that would be it.

I like the Monarch, and I don't hear anything about them anymore. I think the Groove may have killed it, which is sad because the Monarch is a good disc. I'd take it over the Archon or Wahoo any day.
Here, here. A good disc that is what it is when it breaks in, a tailwind riding understable sailor.

The Viking is pretty underrated too.

Can't believe there are so many Pulse throwers. :confused:

my vote goes to the gateway warrior. as much as people hate on the newer z wasps not being more overstable than a buzzz, they need to give the warrior a shot. i had a high 170s s warrior that flew just as well if not better than my nice old z plastic wasp. i haven't thrown the hpp warriors, but i would assume they're more overstable than the s warriors. i just fear that a lot of people disappointed with the newer wasps are throwing the vector and pain now.

champ starfires are the shiz, long bombs without too much glide or speed, good for turnovers with a lot of snap.

the cro is an awesome mold for me too that doesnt seem too popular. i putt with a dx cro, and drive with star cros up to 300'. the most beneficial mold for me out there..

champ starfires are the shiz, long bombs without too much glide or speed, good for turnovers with a lot of snap.

I have never seen a starfire "turn over," but I do agree that it doesn't seem have any glide or speed. That makes it a great headwind driver. I have one in my bag.

IMO, the Monarch. Everytime I travel to a new course and don't want to lose one of my best discs, I use a monarch at max weight. After using it so many times I began to enjoy throwing it in tight wooded fairways with a gradual left to right fade. It is a quick disc.

DX Shark, probably because they show up in the noob kits that Innova sells. I hadn't thrown mine in forever, but pulled it out of the bag after griplocking my Element off the tee and absolutely parked the shot. My Sharks have always done exactly what I told them to do -- it's just that sometimes I told them to do the wrong thing ;)

I'd also have to say the Lat 64 Sinus. I'm seriously looking at getting a Sinus AP; these things might be enough to make me leave my Wizards at home. Dead straight out of the hand with a reliable fade at the end. I can even forehand them pretty well. They're a bit more overstable than my Wizards are, and I really like the Evo Wizards for driving putters, but I'm liking the Sinus a little more every time I throw it.

I don't see a lot of love for the meteor and would say although it may not have a spot in my bag for every round, it is an amazing touch approach disc and will hold an incredible turnover line.

The talon should have never been put oop. Overhand, sidearm, skip shots galore! I usually don't play without one in the bag. I'm trying to push it and my predator out with a star firebird and I just can't let them go.... Too many fond memories

As a side note, good shoes are dramatically underrated. Having dry, comfortable, protected feet and good traction is priceless

Latest posts