• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

underrated in a since that not many people throw them. at my local course i'll throw my comet 250' dead frozen rope straight with no fade and people will always ask what was that?

^ This is the absolute truth in my area. I've been throwing a Comet since day one (and I throw it well) and only recently one other guy in the large group I play rounds with is starting to throw one. I guess the Buzzz and Rocs are preferred in my area.

The XS. Great, easy to control driver and easy to get some good D with. Even fights wind without flipping over really hard. I've recommended it to all of my friends who play disc golf. I've let them use it and they end up liking it over their Star Wraiths, Champion Starfires, Katanas and other overstable discs that they can't actually throw.

I'd agree with the QJLS. A very versatile fairway driver. I think of it as a DX TeeBird in premium plastic. However, the one MJLS I have was never reliable for me. Never thrown a SJLS.

When getting a MJLS... get a heavy one with a thin, "floppy" flight plate. They are money straight! Very little to no fade when thrown over 250 feet. It's my favorite long tunnel disc.

I am going to say the Rogue, nice disc and between the sp and pro line lots of shots covered.

Cheers - Koffee

I am going to say the Rogue, nice disc and between the sp and pro line lots of shots covered.

Cheers - Koffee

DGA discs in general, don't get the love they deserve. The Rouge is the best of all. It really is a top drawer disc. I think it's the "Most Underrated Disc Ever".

The Birdie, everyone thinks it's a kids disc or starter putter... it goes straight easy to control, but I wouldn't use one. Edit: And another vote for Panther.

The Birdie 100% I use one, and have tried out all the big name putters, give me a Birdie any day of the week. The older thumbtrac-less ones are the best, and the floppier the better IMHO. The best part is people see me playing with em and give all their old one's away to me. Dead nuts straight and if you know what you're doin' works in the wind as well. I will say you can't drive with it, well you can but it's not all that effective.:hfive:

I would say the discraft esp flx drone. The disc is so comfortable and predictable. It will fight any wind and is great for low skip shots. It has no glide but will get you out of trouble when you need it most.

Z comet. My first midrange was a x comet and since then I have been throwing one ever since. Z comet is so predictable, soo much glide, and just an all around wonderful midrange and it is my favorite disc in my bag. I love it's mold and feeling when I grip it. I also have a ESP comet in which I am in love with.

More people should throw an R-Pro Polecat. They removed the DX picture that screams beginner's pack and just have the words R-Pro Polecat on it. This disc is money when there is no wind and you want to make a run at the basket from 50-100 feet out.

I hate R-Pro in drivers and mids, but for some reason this plastic is awesome for putters. The Polecat does not chew up like I thought it would and the grip is amazing.

I would have to say the Shark is the most underated Innova

And the Tracker is the most underated Discraft

And the Element is the most underated honorable mention

I would have to say the Shark is the most underated Innova

And the Tracker is the most underated Discraft

And the Element is the most underated honorable mention

Another vote for the Shark, it's often lost in the shadow of the Roc and Buzzz. I've had a DX one with me since I started playing a few years ago and finally picked up a Champion one. About as solid as you can get.

Another vote for the Shark, it's often lost in the shadow of the Roc and Buzzz. I've had a DX one with me since I started playing a few years ago and finally picked up a Champion one. About as solid as you can get.

One of the most underrated putters as well. :thmbup:

Latest posts