• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unique holes played in one day

Crap. I kind-of wanted to hold this record before Schnabel got to it. Guess I had my chance the last couple years and didn't follow through. I could beat 380. I won't beat whatever you guys put it at.

Are you doing sunrise/sunset? Or civil twilight on both ends? Or 24 hours? The "most different holes" has NOT been a 24-hour record.....which I like.....though it's obviously informal.

Civil.

Mike Sale (2900 holes in a day) and I are teaming up for this one. We'll start at 4:53 am, and hope to break the record by 9:41, and then try to get to 500 by 4:53 am.

Civil.

Mike Sale (2900 holes in a day) and I are teaming up for this one. We'll start at 4:53 am, and hope to break the record by 9:41, and then try to get to 500 by 4:53 am.

Typo on that last 4:53am? Oh, wait, you mean beat the record by 9:41pm, then go for 500 overnight. Got it.

Anyway, cool. Start a new thread and let us know how it goes.

the new record for unique/different holes played in Wisconsin during daylight hours (4:30 am - 9:00 pm) now stands at 302.

(Jackson Elem. - 9, Vollrath - 18 (27), Pigeon Elem. - 9 (36), Quarry Park - 20 (56), Sheboygan Lions Fireman's Park - 9 (65), Howards Grove HS - 9 (74), Cleveland Elem. 9 (83), LTC Cleveland - 18 (101), Sliver Creek - 36 (137), Indian Creek - 18 (155), Lower Cato Falls - 18 (173), Oschwald Park - 8 (181), Kiwanis Park - 9 (190), Hingiss Park - 9 (199), Sheboygan County Marsh Park - 17 (216), H A Meyer Nature Park - 18 (234), Memorial Park - 9 (243), Stoney Creek - 18 (261), Tendick Nature Park - 17 (278), Riverside Park - 15 (293) and Moraine Park Technical College - 9 (302). we are now retiring from marathon disc golfing because we feel we have laid down the gauntlet and it will be extremely difficult for anyone to substantially beat the 300 barrier until more courses are developed in a smaller area. the next goal would be 325 and that is probably impossible right now. beating 302 by a few holes is not that big of a deal, but you can brag about it if you do it. good luck.

Wow. That is actually pretty insane. Over 18 holes per hour, ALL DAY. Solstice is approaching in Finland and gives us a 19-hour day (sunrise-sunset) to work with in 2 weeks. Might have to try something like this.

Thanks for the idea. We managed 238 holes in 19 hours (3:57-22:59) of daylight. 18 different courses. I have no idea how you did 302 in significantly less time. Jogging all the way through the holes? We only ran the last course. I wonder how much driving was involved. IIRC we had sth like 200km or so (i.e. ~3 hours or so went into driving around) I am not doubting you but seriously that is an insane number now that I know what goes into it personally. :)

Thanks for the idea. We managed 238 holes in 19 hours (3:57-22:59) of daylight. 18 different courses. I have no idea how you did 302 in significantly less time. Jogging all the way through the holes? We only ran the last course. I wonder how much driving was involved. IIRC we had sth like 200km or so (i.e. ~3 hours or so went into driving around) I am not doubting you but seriously that is an insane number now that I know what goes into it personally. :)
You just set the record for Finland! I think that you should take this information and start a new thread. Us stats junkies like details so the more stats the better, like number of 9 hole courses, aces, stories of unusual shots or strange incidents... how you coped with the exhaustion...

Great job! You now hold a Finnish disc golf record!

Details, map, course list, stats. ....?

I am on my phone only right now so tough to put on a proper audiovisual show :)

But here are the courses and # of holes. You can find them on the www.frisbeegolfradat.fi map if you want to take a closer look.

Siltamäki 18
Simonmetsä 3
Malminiitty 9
Urheilupuisto 12
Ristikivi 18
Lemmenlaakso 18
Kellokoski 9
Jokela 7
Palomiehen puisto 5
Riutta 18
Ykslammi 18
Tervakoski 17
Kansanpuisto 11
(this was our original goal of square 200 with about 3hrs to go)
Aulanko 8
Hattula 18
Viisari 12

Started in Northern Helsinki and meandered our way to Hämeenlinna. I played only with P1x, MD4, C-PD and C-CD3 to save energy, and to really test out the MD4. I got in likely up towards 200 throws with it and really learned a new disc. 817 total throws, which is 71 over par. My buddy played great all day and went only a few throws over par, which is an astounding feat. I would say all the courses with more than 11 holes were proper courses of varying difficulty, while the ones with 11 or less were pitch and putt more or less where I did not carry even the drivers. Good stamina until the 2nd to last course where I melted down completely. Could not hit lines anymore whatsoever and most of the fun went out of the whole endeavor, was just throwing shots to move along. But then found new energy when we realized we could get another course in if we played fast. Ran/jogged most of the last course with the minutes ticking away. Alas, they had made changes with at least 3 new holes that had no teesign, so we had to guess where to throw. Last hole was one of the new ones, big downhill teeshot into a clearing where the basket had to be. Only minutes to spare. I lost my disc almost. We both holed out just 2 minutes before sundown.

No especial pains/aches these 2 days after, just worn out feeling naturally. Midway through I thought a blister was forming on my rip finger but luckily it soon hardened. My buddy had just healed a huge blister on his heel, before logging in the almost 70,000 steps this trip took :D He also hit metal on 3 holes but no luck breaking his 3 year hiatus of no hole-in-ones.

Doing this on a weekday was the trick. We only had to bypass about 5-6 groups the whole day and everyone yielded very nicely seeing we were coming in hot :) Saw the first other player at 9:30 only. The first round was magical, with sunrise coming through the vapor rising off the river and not a co-creature in sight, except the bunnyrabbits. Went swimming about 2/3 through the day, and felt reborn. I threw away my shoes as soon as we were done LOL. Was so out of it that I put my DUDE hoodie on the top of the car and yeah you can guess thats the last we ever saw of it. I ate 3 ice creams (among a whole lot of things) during the day and each tasted like the best I have ever had. Pretty hot day.

I think thats all the stories that pop into my head right now. I promised my wife that I will not do any more DG trips during the remainder of our summer holiday together (till the end of next week) and I gotta say I dont feel like throwing another disc for a good few days now, after this craziness. :)

I played 72 unique holes in a day, on real courses up in South Dakota. all worthy courses near each other.

Tip my cap to them. :thmbup:

"Stones" is probably the translation you want instead of "minerals".
I need to use that next time I talk trash...

"Pfft... you ain't got the minerals to do that."
Lol.

wilderness dgc in montello wi was super scenic, and difficult....
everything is in the woods, and over 300ft (if playing long tees)

I once played 99 holes in one day last year. My enjoyment dropped significantly after the 3rd course. Anything above that sounds like a serious grind. I pitty the fool(s) that currently hold the record

Congratulations Mr. Butlertron, you now hold the record for most unique holes played in FL. Welcome to the club. I pity the fool that tries to go after you to break that record.

Latest posts