• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Colorado

Jivecody

Birdie Member
Hey everyone, I am looking for input on Colorado courses and trying to see if the Denver area or Colorado springs area is a better suit for me.

I'm 24, I don't want to live in a high priced neighborhood or low-income. College type of vibe is better and near a course is good too.

Anyone input will help and is appreciated!

It depends on where you plan on working (or what sort of work you do) but it sounds like you might want to check out Ft. Collins

Based on the courses in Fort Collins, I'm willing to pay more per month to be closer to more courses. I'm still lining up a job position but I do shipping and receiving work and am open to living options that are within 30 minutes of the city.

My brother lives in Denver and RAVES about the courses in Colorado. So, like Napoleon Dynamite so eloquently put it......

"Lucky!"

Denver proper has some decent courses, but nothing awesome, although i've yet to play Colorado Heights yet, and i've heard good things. The Springs is the same way, but some decent options within 30 mi. Ft. Collins is also lacking a bit, but the re-design of Edora sounds like a big improvement. There are also some nice courses up in Red Feather Lakes, about and hour NW.

What Denver has going is the nearby mountain courses within a 45 min. drive. You can also get to the Springs, Ft. Collins, and all the areas in about an hour.Big city, though, with big city traffic. For quality of life I would pick Ft. Collins. I grew up there, so I know it well.

Denver>Ft. Collins.

They both have decent city courses, with Denver having a lot more. What separates it is the 285 corridor. THAT'S where you want to be able to play, and it's only a half hour out of Denver. Beaver Ranch, Phantom Falls, Ghost Town, Bailey, Magic Meadows, and the brand new Bucksnort courses are all within 15 minutes of each other right up route 285, and all amazing mountain golf.

There are many more local courses around Denver, and now you're an hour or so from Colorado Springs, Longmont, Boulder, Fort Collins, and all the 285 courses.

Hit me up when you get here, and we'll throw a round!

Fort Collins is a great town! If I ever move out of the mountains thats where I will most likely end up. However I've played most of the courses in the area and at best there's 2 quality courses. Denver you have way more courses, even though most of them aren't very good. But Denver is a lot closer to the best courses in Colorado. That would be the Conifer/Bailey area. Honestly, if your moving here for disc golf and you don't mind living 45 outside of a major city, move to conifer. If your moving here and you want the city life move to Denver. If your moving here to go to school or want to be around younger people and live in a great place, move to Fort Collins. It really just comes down to what you want, and how much driving your okay with. Good luck, Colorado is the best place to live!

Check out the website of the Mile High Disc Golf Club. http://www.mhdgc.org
400 members strong. Current activities include Winter Warriors which is fund raising events each week at various courses contributing to the Feb Ice Bowl which will raise about $15,000 for local charities this year. That should put us over $100,000 raised in 10 years. No wonder many club meetings are at the local Food Bank.

I'd suggest Denver somewhere and you are within an hour or so of terrific courses in town, to the North, South, East, and West.

Agreed, but it can be hard for some people to move to the middle of now where.

Yeah, I lived in Telluride for three years, but lucked out with a sweet serving job(ski pass included). I got four months off a year, too. Just go hang in the desert for a month at a time.

Yeah, I lived in Telluride for three years, but lucked out with a sweet serving job(ski pass included). I got four months off a year, too. Just go hang in the desert for a month at a time.

That's pretty much how I've been living for the last 4 years in Steamboat Springs.

Forget the front range. Western Slope is where it's at. Durango should be calling your name.

I lived in Durango for 2 years back in the mid 90's. I loved it there and still miss it at times, but unfortunately you have to admit, the DG is lacking quality course-wise.

I could go for a Ska right now!

Noice!

There are a few courses in the area, but I wouldn't be surprised if a championship caliber course wouldn't be too hard to spearhead in the area. Telluride has an awesome target course just up from town, but it definitely takes a townie to show the way.

Latest posts