• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music City Open presented by Lone Star Disc

Paul lookin' at Isaac on the sidebar getting a little Beasty?

Saying "Simon can't be a dad AND be better than me"?

1000010554.png

This course really needs a signature hole or something to make it more memorable. There is a pond on the property that is a non factor with this years redesign. I walked the course with a card on Friday as a scorekeeper and it's a lot of placement shot par 4s and 5s with a few kind of cool holes in between. It's like a knock off Jonesboro without its own real identity, IMO.

Not a great week for the Montgomerys. .

Kristen looked beat after a few holes but Holyn started to fall after she got the lead. .again

Super Lead card for MPO. . just to bad it starts LATE here in Sweden and i have to go up early- - :(

Kristen looked beat after a few holes but Holyn started to fall after she got the lead. .again

Super Lead card for MPO. . just to bad it starts LATE here in Sweden and i have to go up early- - :(
Tuff skit

The top two FPO players really separated themselves from the field, and there's a pretty good gap between 3rd and 4th.

Four of the top 10 FPO finishers are Europeans.

Europe's MPO are starting to sprinkle themselves into the top 10 with more frequency, as well. Semerad, Tamm, Antilla are playing pretty well, and I guess you really have to consider Simon as European.

I like the international flavor it gives the sport.
The title "World Champion" simply carries more meaning when you're competing against legitimate talent from around the world.

Kona's tournament came in at 923, one point off of her 924 rating. I won't stand this sort of slander on this forum. #mrsconsistent #konaskrushers #whirlybirdgirlie #transitionsmissus

Last edited:
Kristen threw a 1017 tournament; is that good enough to finally break that glass ceiling?

angry d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Admittedly this might not be the best thread for it, but just a thought on some of the big name players and injuries.

DGPT courses just seem to keep getting longer and longer. 600 and 700 ft holes, seem to be becoming the rule, rather than the exception.

I'm not saying players can't handle long holes, but one has to imagine players being forced to dip deep into their tank that much more frequently has them pushing their bodies harder than elite players had to even just 10 years ago.

Obviously, just my opinion, but I think playing more technical courses that favor specifics lines and placement , with relatively few bomber holes sprinkled in (as opposed to a lot of bomber holes with just a few truly technical holes sprinkled in, might result in fewer arm injuries.

I know: "But fans come to see players crush shots."

Keep some bomber holes. But just balance it out a bit, and don't make it all about the power game, and I can't help but think we'd see fewer players nursing injuries, especially later in the season.

Kinda like a lot of today's pitchers who can throw really hard, but haven't really learned how to pitch, and have a tough time going deep into games.

Just my 2¢.

Last edited:
I like the holes that are 600 or 700 par 4s that force a couple 300' or 400' well placed shots (this is coming from a guy who voraciously works on driving gains himself). The pros are often still casually doing awe-inspiring things at those distances compared to most people. I love a long drive and a few here and there are good for the game, but on the PGA tour I like that distance driving is its own specialty. If the touring players are healthy and showing off their skills it's better for everyone.

Maybe I'm old fashioned just because I'm approaching middle age, but I wouldn't mind a 40 year old, non shoulder-injured McBeth still sometimes schooling the 20 year olds in the Elite series. I'm glad he did great this past weekend, but I'm going to miss it if one of the main reasons he can't compete on tour is because he doesn't have 75mph/550'+ of distance. Same for any highly skilled pro.

Am I entering the old man shouting at clouds phase prematurely or right on schedule?

Last edited:
Four of the top 10 FPO finishers are Europeans.

Europe's MPO are starting to sprinkle themselves into the top 10 with more frequency, as well. Semerad, Tamm, Antilla are playing pretty well, and I guess you really have to consider Simon as European.

I like the international flavor it gives the sport.
The title "World Champion" simply carries more meaning when you're competing against legitimate talent from around the world.
Exciting to see the amount of Europeans making the effort to tour stateside, an indication that they are receiving financial support/incentives to make the trip worthwhile. Not necessarily profitable but they benefit from competing in the top tour and getting more global name recognition.

The money really wasn't there for much of the international player field to tour the US until maybe 2021. Simon was one of/was the first to do an extended US tour (~2014) so its cool to see him still performing at a high level. He has benefitted from being in the US most of the years since and has familiarity with the longtime tour stops. Also being more selective in how many events he is competing in since returning from his various injuries keeps him fresh vs. on the road grinding out every event like he used to (and like most of the other Euro players have to).

Exciting to see the amount of Europeans making the effort to tour stateside, an indication that they are receiving financial support/incentives to make the trip worthwhile. Not necessarily profitable but they benefit from competing in the top tour and getting more global name recognition.

The money really wasn't there for much of the international player field to tour the US until maybe 2021. Simon was one of/was the first to do an extended US tour (~2014) so its cool to see him still performing at a high level. He has benefitted from being in the US most of the years since and has familiarity with the longtime tour stops. Also being more selective in how many events he is competing in since returning from his various injuries keeps him fresh vs. on the road grinding out every event like he used to (and like most of the other Euro players have to).
THE US tour is going too feel strange on the FPO side when all of the Europeans goes home for the EU stint