• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Anode - AKA where's our driver? Seriously!

Leopard said:
Jeronimo said:
Interesting stamp. I'm assuming the stamp is more about the flight of the disc and less related to its name?
Both. Anodes can take any shape and facilitate energy transfer -- as I vaguely boiled down to myself via google. A neutral putter can take on varied lines, but those lines and the linear play of the disc emphasize a central focus, gravity, force.. you name it. So I took the concept of a gravitational lens, something that would guide energy from various entries into a forward-focused transmission. In the end, we had these little disc modules with beams connecting them, all sitting on a lens-shaped plane. I see a disc being worked through a lens with hyzer flip and anny pan-out forces in action, which are themselves gyroscopic effects of disc flight. It compliments the geometry of the Ion stamp and plays on the gyro + transmission vibe of the Axis stamp.

Of course none of that is meant to be plainly understood by the viewer; this conceptualizing is just a means of getting a basis that fits, preferably without being explicitly illustrative. Thanks, I love talking about my stuff.
deep

Timko said:
jubuttib said:
Timko said:
Well, looks like some DGR stamped Anodes is happening sometime this year now...
Skullboy?

We'll use the same stamp. Probably a late summer release.

Awwww come on, commission a new stamp.

Not that I have anything against the stamp, I'd just like to see some variety. For example, I wasn't a big fan of running the same DGR stamp across all those Dismania molds. Would have rather seen that DGR stamp stay PD specific.

I have been looking for a reason to put an mpv disc in my bag without kicking out the wizard or buzzz and this sounds like it may work so I am excited.

I would think that they are using Anode to mean the polar opposite of some other disc since the most common anode is probably the negative pole of a battery. So like someone said, should we expect the cathode soon? lol Anyway the stamp is sweet and I can't wait to try one out.

Frank Delicious said:
I would love a disc that flies like the 1st run ions and/or the 2nd run ions with the messed up beads.
Yep, me too.

NoLifeLeft said:
So, will there be an overstable putter called the Cathode? :eh:

Ion + Rhyno-ish top + flat nose = cathode :)

Who knows

Question - does the bullet-shaped nose of the Ion contribute negatively or positively towards its stability? And any word of the Anode having the same general profile?

The Anode's specs are almost identical to the Ion except without a bead... so hopefully the profile will be similar if not the same.

inb4 someone calls this "advancing the technology"

Looks neat I'm sure a lot of people will like it. My only gripe is that it's taken them this long to release a beadless ION.

It's taken them pretty long to release anything, they clearly like to make sure everything is in working order before doing anything drastic like releasing a new disc.

Might be hard to make a driver with the Gyro...Then again, what do I know. :?

jubuttib said:
It's taken them pretty long to release anything, they clearly like to make sure everything is in working order before doing anything drastic like releasing a new disc.

Yeah guys.... damn them for not releasing 6+ inconsistently molded discs each year... :roll:

Latest posts