• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

That's exactly it I don't know if mines quite there yet but between that and my Vector the eclipse Axis is almost the missing link. I keep beating it but I can't trust it enough to beat it like it deserves. Can 3 g really make a difference?

Dammit they must be planning on a full plasma run right? Any freaky differences with the plasma Axis? I haven't tried it but I already know I won't like it in Neutron..

3gs, nah. Paperclips. Just activate the gyro, homey.

Anyone got good rounds with the plasma Axis yet?
Got one coming my way, I like how my proton Alias flies but not completely satisfied how it sits in my hand.

Got one coming my way, I like how my proton Alias flies but not completely satisfied how it sits in my hand.

I got a short 9 in with it yesterday I don't really have much to report yet, Sunday doubles is at my place tomorrow I'm going to play it, the 9 yesterday was positive less stability than my eclipse out of the box but not as flat or sweet as my first run. It kinda feels weird by comparison it's got more dome and it throws me off, the plasma also isn't as soft as I'd hoped it's more like firm neutron. I will report back tomorrow

my buddy was throwing his today. they glide like a putter. wow. i dont think they could handle a headwind too well but they noticeably glide better than my buzzes.

Hey what disc was that? It sounds sweet!!!! I'm going to get me a couple. Awesomeness

Hey after the doubles round I hit a hard tunnel for a good two, and wrangled a CTP with the Axis.. Missed a tunnel shot and didn't hit a downhill like I should have... but still close.. Another mostly positive experience with it.

Last edited:
lolol throw a putter

all the same

Don't choke on the feathers when you're eating crow.. Haha. I'm sure there's lots I posted I regret.

As far as Discraft mids.. Yeah they're sweet 3 major molds covering all the needs... but.. The Axis is awesome, MVP friggin Gyro awesome. I place it somewhere between a Buzzz and a Comet. But they don't make a Wasp or Comet ripoff yet...

Don't choke on the feathers when you're eating crow.. Haha. I'm sure there's lots I posted I regret.

As far as Discraft mids.. Yeah they're sweet 3 major molds covering all the needs... but.. The Axis is awesome, MVP friggin Gyro awesome. I place it somewhere between a Buzzz and a Comet. But they don't make a Wasp or Comet ripoff yet...

i think youre all getting this out of context

my buddy was throwing his today (this was true i have a buddy). they glide like a putter (yes they score high on my glideometor). wow (yes wow). i dont think they could handle a headwind too well (they cant cant handle a headwind at all and i am confident in this statement more now than ever) but they noticeably glide better than my buzzes (yes they glide better and fly like a putter and get tossed around in the wind).

im not sure what you and aim are gettin up in my grill about but i still stand by

discraft mids > mvp mids
mvp putters > mvp mids

axis has better glide and floats like a putter but that in no way is better or more desirable than a buzz the buzz is way more versatile and flies farther

buzz > axis

Because it's fun... I'm glad you clarified it's still awesome! That still doesn't sound bad.. Obviously you like the Axis more than you let on. However you prefer your "modified" Wasps.

Last edited:

The plastic is indeed quite hard and not too different from the old neutron I have, however the shimmer identifies this as plasma plastic.

Handfeel is (familiary) not as blunt as Alias and sits in my hand better.

Test throws must wait till spring is closer.

I got one of the Plasma Circuit Axis. It has a slightly higher shoulder compared to newer runs. The Plasma plastic is softer than old Neutron but on par with softer gummier Neutrons of the current runs. It flies like my beat in Neutron Axis. Definitely more US off the shelf compared to older Neutron. (I have not thrown any of the newer Neutron Axis).

i think youre all getting this out of context

my buddy was throwing his today (this was true i have a buddy). they glide like a putter (yes they score high on my glideometor). wow (yes wow). i dont think they could handle a headwind too well (they cant cant handle a headwind at all and i am confident in this statement more now than ever) but they noticeably glide better than my buzzes (yes they glide better and fly like a putter and get tossed around in the wind).

im not sure what you and aim are gettin up in my grill about but i still stand by

discraft mids > mvp mids
mvp putters > mvp mids

axis has better glide and floats like a putter but that in no way is better or more desirable than a buzz the buzz is way more versatile and flies farther

buzz > axis

P p pass.

Because it's fun... I'm glad you clarified it's still awesome! That still doesn't sound bad.. Obviously you like the Axis more than you let on. However you prefer your "modified" Wasps.

ive never bagged an axis and i will never bag an axis

feel free to quote me on that

buzz > axis

The only good Buzzz is a Midnight Buzzz... cause it gets lost the first time anyone throws it. :p

Not a fan of the Discraft mids - love the MVP mids. Gyro has a major impact on the slower speed discs. I bag an Axis, and after my Envy(s), it's my most used disc.

Latest posts