• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Backpack bag

It's still a great bag for the current $60 price. But it's not going to hold up forever. I originally hoped to get 4-5 years from the bag, but now I'd say it'll be more like 2-3 years. $60 for 2.5 years is still a good value IMO.

I needed something that would fit on a fishing seat better, my bag that came with the setup has parts of the bag stapled togther already after 2-3 years use just a small zipper pocket but that is fine for now. I might switch bag out to cheap back up to have discs fit better in the new setup.

No, the Zuca Backpack cart allows for easy access to the top compartment. (see pic). It goes past 90 degrees so you can access the top of the bag. Works great with my Grip bag accessing the putter pocket. I also use the Zuca putter pouch attachment for my putters so now that pouch on the Grip becomes a nice storage area for whatever (towels, hoodie, food, etc...)

Yeah the company made its seats this way as when they debut a few companies made a fully top opening disc golf bag.

Doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to the current MVP Voyager line, and I don't think it's worth a new thread, so I'm slapping this one in here.

I know the MVP/Axiom Voyager Lite is the popular bag these days, and they do look awfully nice. I wanted something just a bit slimmer, so I ultimately went with a MVP Voyager Slim V2.

I enjoyed the layout... but dang this bag is heavy. With only the matching rainfly in the pocket it's already over 5 pounds. And those straps are reasonable width/thickness, but nothing wild. My shoulders were feeling it after two rounds in the same day.

After a few months of use, I just couldn't take it, so I attacked the weight some. With the side pockets modestly full, the side panels just weren't really necessary, so I went ahead and stripped them out.

I tried removing the back panel as well... but that caused a lot of structural issues. Especially messed up how it rides on your back. But that's a big, thick back panel. So I then went ahead and got out a box knife and cut that back panel down significantly. I left an outer ring, and a cross-X in the middle (picture attached). I weighed the side panels and the pieces I cut out of the back panel and it was right around 1.5 pounds (or about 4 max weight discs).

The "holed" back panel still provides good enough support. It keeps the top putter pouch open just right, and it keeps the bag riding smoothly on my back.

I still enjoy the "Slim" version because I don't want to carry more than 10-12 discs in the main compartment, but I completely understand if they ultimately discontinue this one. The "Lite" version likely weighs less than the "slim".

But if you have a "Slim", and the weight is getting to you, I definitely suggest you at least try it without the side panels.

Attachments

• Voyager_Back_Panel_small.jpg
    Voyager_Back_Panel_small.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 20