• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Feedback Thread - We would love to hear from you.

Yo - I wanted to talk with you about MVP, Axiom, and Streamline.

We are always trying to improve our products and push the sport forward, and we would love to hear from you.

What do you like about our:

• Discs
  • Do you like the plastic?
  • How does the rim feel?
  • Domey? Flat? Preference?
  • What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want?
Anything Else?

Seriously - What would you want more of?

Appreciate it.

Let me start out by saying that im a fervent MVP/Axiom fan. My whole bag is Gyro.

Discs- havent met one yet i didnt love. The rim is not even noticeable to me.

Plastics- i absolutely love fission and soft proton. The run of proton in the insanity's (slightly gummy) is awesome. I dont love the slicker harder proton (as found in my alias and ion). Was absolutely loving my plasma crave also, but found it severly heat warped in my bag after being in my car for a few hot days. So jury is still out there, but that upsets me. No other disc showed any signs of anything.

Flatness- i generally like flat, but a bit of dome wouldnt be terrible, as long as the discs stay consistent throughout the runs.

What im not liking- the current craze of uber wide fast drivers. I have no use for a speed 13/14 disc. Vast majority of folks here dont either (wether they think so or not).

Things i like- generally good consistent runs of discs. If i toss one in the drink, i can just order a new one and its not an easter egg hunt to find the same. Im also a HUGE stickler on craftsmanship. I build plastic injection molds for a living. I really notice things like flash, vestige, ect. You guys nail that part. Especially considering the extra variable of the overmold (which i can personally attest to being a pain in the @$$ to get perfect). Those details are why i throw what i do.

Bags-Never seen or owned one so no opinions.

Conclusion- Love the discs. Will not bag anything else. Keep up the good work!!

Do you like the plastic? Ja. Zie plastik ist gut.

How does the rim feel? Handy? I dunno, I have no complaints.

Domey? Flat? Preference? Depends on the mold. I like a lack of glide for some shots (FH rollers, OH, spike hyzers) so I'm gonna want flat for that usually. I like glide for other shots (stable-understable distance drivers, floaty mids, etc) so gimme some dome, Jerome.

What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ ) Old school version of the Resistor: Take the beef and flatness of the Resistor and put a wide, flat nose on it like a Banshee/Whippet/Viper etc. A big part of my game is throwing FH rollers and round, pointy rims are more unpredictable. Also, an overmolded lid. Listen, we're both sick of this abomination running around called the Nova. A properly overmolded Putt'r, Upshot, fastback, Polecat etc would **** all over those things.

Bags
Are they too heavy? Dunno, never seen one.

Do they hit you in the wrong spot? See above.

What would you like to see changed? I don't like dark colors, it attracts mosquitoes.

Do you prefer the Big Voyager Pro? Or the Slim? Probably the Slim. If I'm carrying 20+ discs I'm gonna want wheels and a handle on that thing.

What do you like the most/least? No clue.

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated? Yeah, cotton garb for sure. Dri fit is teh suxxors.

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want? A magical amulet that makes me a good putter.

Anything Else? Please OOP the Tensor. It's awful.

Seriously - What would you want more of? More discs in Electron and for Electron to cost less.

Less of? Tensors and dri fits.

Also, good job picking up Elaine King. She's a class act.

Domey / flat: I prefer a mix because each has advantages. Flat suits my sidearm grip best and cuts through the air nicely said:
Hate the idea of making domey non domey runs. That wrecks part of what makes mvp great. Pairings are fine, but dont make me hunt for discs that i want.

You make some great discs. The OS driver slots(Energy/Phase/Motion/Fireball) are as good as anyone, I also love the shallow putters. Atoms(the soft E and Swirly N are bomb) and Envy are amazing.

I also think you've made some good less stable drivers like the Volt, Crave, Mayhem and Octane.

I personally like OS discs I would Forehand with to be flat and ones that I would backhand to be Domey. Though the height of the dome won't preclude me from throwing a disc I like.

I like the bright colors like blue, orange, pink, yellow and white but the use of a lot of darker red, purple and green are not as appealing.

You know you need an OS Mid/Putter and that's the biggest thing.

Personally I haven't found a mid that I can always dial in, but the Matrix is pretty close.

A Gyro lid could be cool...

Don't know much about your bags, but i do like your baskets. They catch very well.

I rock an all MVP bag save for the Envy, I'm getting some Axiom drivers soon because I'm tired of all black rims and limited MVP colours.. I have three red ones in different molds so I put the electrical symbols on the front so I don't mix them up, again.

MVP needs to do more art on discs too, I've been going out of my way to get some of that sweet stuff because it's awesome and I want something that looks different, my all mvp bag looks boring.

Where are some eclipse glow light weight molds? Maybe a Relay or Envy preferably..

I love the consistency and the way it is easy to predict flight by reading the ratings. Pretty happy with everything, I would be curious if a light Vector was produced if it could compete with a Comet.

Maybe an Axis top and Vertex bottom rim?

If that happens I will leave you my home address please. Lol... but for reals.

With how ridiculously OS that thing is already, its kinda hard to believe it would be any more OS if that happened but it would have to be, right?

With how ridiculously OS that thing is already, its kinda hard to believe it would be any more OS if that happened but it would have to be, right?

I'd be willing to give it a go! Honestly even I have a point where something more OS doesn't serve a purpose but it's super fun at this point to see what is most OS.

New Novice/Rec Perspective

Pros:

1 - Consistent plastic. If I lose my favorite Tangent today, I can replace it tomorrow with another one with almost the same flight characteristics.

2 - Curb appeal. My all Axiom/MVP bag looks like a rainbow.

Cons:

1 - Axiom flies the same as MVP and really looks great, need more. Black is boring. Color is cool.

2 - Lightweight Mids (aka Fission): The only real gap in my MVP bag is a 155-160 Mid.

Bags: My Beaker has been a true champ. One year in (~100 rds) and it has withstood snow, sleet, plenty of Seattle rain, damp and dreary, and even the occasional sunny afternoon without any issues at all. Plays like it was new.

MVP/Axiom does flat discs better than anyone else. People search high and low for flat Innova Firebirds, but every single MVP Resistor and Axiom Fireball I own is perfectly flat.

I would really like to have MVP discs in Axiom colors. Every time I look at the Disc Golf Center website I find an Axiom disc I want based on the sweet color combos. When I'm looking for a new Wave or Spin, I'm kind of disappointed by the options.

This isn't keeping me from buying MVP/Axiom, but I do wish the rim plastic was a bit more durable.

Here's what I need you to do:

• Grab all the watermelon proxies you have. If you don't have any, make more.
  • Put them in a box.
  • Send them to me.

A friend gave me one as a birthday gift threeish years ago. Since then, I've slowly grown to hate the man for giving me my absolute favourite disc that also happens to be irreplaceable. I haven't found it in stock anywhere, let alone anywhere close to me (I live in the EU).

Speaking of stock, that is the biggest problem I have with MVP/Axiom. Both the Volt and Amp in plasma plastic are absolute staples in my bag and I've had a pretty hard time replacing them (especially the Amp). Same goes for the proxy in general, not just the watermelon version.

More colour options for MVP rims wouldn't hurt either.

As for new accessories: I'd love a well built pull reel towel holder. Something sturdy that would attach to your bag and let you comfortably use the towel while it's sitting on the ground. I've tried building one from a cheap chinese pull reel, but it was a bit too flimsy.

• Discs
  • How does the rim feel?
  • Domey? Flat? Preference?
  • What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want?
Anything Else?

Seriously - What would you want more of?
Less of?

ok Steve, this may or may not get lengthy....

I have tried the 2.3 cm class of discs and found they are too big feeling for me. the 21.5cm rims are as big of a feeling rim as I will go, but I mainly stick to the 2.0cm and below. this is just a matter of personal preference. i just need to start by saying that.

Discs:
I get from a stability and speed perspective having tons of options in molds. at what point will you discontinue some? cranking out new discs monthly (or so it seems) makes it hard to keep up. the drift is my newest acquisition, and it is the replacement-ish for now OOP Elasto underworlds. so I have less fear of losing such a useful understable disc.

having an axiom volt class set of discs would be nice. one more overstable than a shock (think xxx, stego type oppressive OS) a slower wrath and insanity too. fireballs, thrills, motions all great but too fast for me to really control them.

at the very least re-tool an amp so it is actually understable. everyone I have thrown was not what I expected it to fly like (I have had stabilities ranging from firebird to volt, with no turn what so ever).

I have found that the sub170 discs are in my weight range for both control and distance. so more options like that (especially for shocks)

now that I am used to overlords, I do not have any transgressions for rim feel. they feel like solo molds

plastic
stiffer neutron blend for the matrix. the domey matrix was a let down for me. I don't like being able to not distinguish neutron from plasma by feel in my bag.

proton in brighter colours. the pink/red blue gets lost in the grass to easily. the Orange is spot on for brightness.

not a fan of the fission feel. it is too soft for me. great grip, but too soft for what I like.

also keeping those fission discs to have a flatter profile would be great too. the dome is glidey! however they become less controlable at times. (accidental rollers, or non-headwind discs)

bright colours... every time I go online or to shops... all that is left are blue and red discs (some brown and green too). white, pink, dayglow yellow (I had an alias that was so bright it hurt my eyes), light purples .. stuff that when it goes in foliage it won't disappear till winter (maybe it will get found in the winter....) I have this problem with proton discs... I lose them in plain sight... 5 minutes of walking around where I saw it land and still didn't see it, dark pink blended right into the grass.

other
i still prefer the flat topped discs for overstable drivers / mids. the run of Mike C tesla's are my favourite for plh, stiffness, and feel.

next, more from streamline. I dig the trace and drift, and have a firm pilot. expanding to have a buzzz-like mid, and a 7 speed teebird/eagle-l type molud would be great. cuz they are made well, break in slow, and cheap to replace premium plastic (oh and the stamping is mega awesome too)

Accessories
no more fidget spinners!!!

bring back the overstable clipboards, maybe branded pencils/pens to sell as a set for TD's.

a streamline mini - "the slug" a shout out to penny slugs to get candy out of machines back in the old days.

and I have no experience with the bags, I use voodoo bags because they will last longer than my disc golf career.

More clothing options, especially for broad shouldered, bigger guys. Polos (so I can wear them to work)

Discs : I like that I can get a Neutron disc like my Clash at 155g and it's still overstable. I like that they are mostly flat.
Do you like the plastic? :I love Neutron and Plasma plastic. Soft N is good for putters but I wouldn't want it for anything else.
How does the rim feel? :I like the rims fine on most discs. My favorite is the Relay for feel in my hand.
Domey? Flat? Preference? :Flat
What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ ) :I would like to see the Resistor in Plasma plastic, Axiom glow discs (but not just the rim, that doesn't do anyone any good). And 16mm class for Axiom, specifically something between the Clash and Resistor in stability and something between the Clash and Crave.
Bags: Never owned one, but I love the vertical storage of my Shift. I highly recommend making one with vertical storage.
Are they too heavy? :
Do they hit you in the wrong spot?
What would you like to see changed?
Do you prefer the Big Voyager Pro? Or the Slim?
What do you like the most/least?

Accessories - What do you like, or would want to see updated?: The towels are great, but too long, they just drag on the ground and get dirty/muddy which doesn't really help with drying off/cleaning my discs. I would like them to be about half their current length but maybe wider with another fold. I usually clip mine to my belt loop, so nothing too heavy would be great also.

If there was an accessory you could get, what would you want? :I want an Axiom bandanna, maybe like one of those multi purpose ones to keep sweat out of my eyes in the summer and a mask for the winter.

Anything Else? :I love the artist series for Axiom. Keep it up. I don't mind the green rims, but I'll echo what many others said, more white cores for Axiom. I think it would be better to be a little more purposeful in picking the rim/core color combos. Limit them to a few less options maybe, even if that means my favorite combos no longer exist, if it means no more pink/red or orange/red combos, I'm all for it.

Seriously - What would you want more of? :Axiom discs, specifically a more OS, and US putter, and a more OS Mid. Axiom 16mm class discs.

Less of?:High Speed Drivers

• Discs

This is your time to tell me what you want, or hate, or love about MVP/Axiom/Streamline - and I really would like to hear about it.

Appreciate it.

• First, I think this thread is a nice idea.

Discs: Line Carvers. Consistency and craftsmanship (no flashing)

Plastic: MVP Proton: Like the flight and feel but they are hard to find on the ground or in brush. For this reason, I only buy Neutron or Plasma now. If the core colors could be made brighter, that'd be great.

MVP rims: I realize that black rims is the signature MVP look. But I honestly prefer the variety that Axiom offers. Not just for variety purposes, but again for visibility. Sometimes the black rimmed disc against the sky and tree backdrop is tougher to track (I promise I have good eyesight). Axiom is easier to see both in the air and on the ground.

Axiom: I love the bright colors but I'd like to see less of the color combinations that clash terribly (pink and red, for example). I would think that less is more here - if some of the better color combinations could be used. And, yes, more white cores with pink rims or any other bright color combos that don't clash.

Cheers

Latest posts