• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

There are only two distance drivers I want: the forthcoming Vibram and the Volt. Neither of them seem to be coming out until Spring at the earliest...siiiiiiigggghhhh.....

What Vibram Distance driver??? Do tell...

There are only two distance drivers I want: the forthcoming Vibram and the Volt. Neither of them seem to be coming out until Spring at the earliest...siiiiiiigggghhhh.....

If I have to wait till spring, I might just have to boycott MVP. I probably won't though 'cause I love them so much and I'm not against consistency but damn, I wish they could make it come out already.

They talked about it in the Summer issue of DiscGolfer magazine...they said it was under development and, I quote:

"Due to popular demand, Vibram will release it's first long-range driver this summer/fall. With more than three years of extensive research and development, this soon-to-be-named disc is proving to outperform the field. With an average increase of more than 30 percent more distance than all of our other discs, it is sure to create some serious excitement on the circuit this summer. Keep your eyes peeled for this baby."

But the rumor mill has been saying it won't be until next spring. I can already stretch an Ascent and a Trak pretty far, so needless to say I'm pumped.

On the same note, I can bomb my Vector out there pretty far as well...so I reckon the MVP driver will be amazing to throw as well.

Where's UPS to tell everyone to simmer down? ;)

Well I'm equally qualified to do so, so I'll go ahead.

Please be patient everyone. MVP and I are really trying to make this disc special, and these things take time. I'm sure once we get our consistency down we'll have an amazing release and everyone will be happy. It will come out when it comes out and no sooner.

Please be patient everyone. MVP and I are really trying to make this disc special, and these things take time. I'm sure once we get our consistency down we'll have an amazing release and everyone will be happy. It will come out when it comes out and no sooner.

Announcing it so early seems to be turning into somewhat of a mistake, though. I pre-ordered a few from Community Discs. Dum dee doo...

DAMN YOU AND YOUR INSIGHT/LOGICAL REASONING!!!!!!:wall:

Announcing it so early seems to be turning into somewhat of a mistake, though.
^^THIS

Last edited:
Just announced, breaking news!

Quote:
...Volt will be delayed till next summer due to manufacturing inconsistencies...

move along now, nothing to see here.

Is there truth to this?

Ryan C, what is your relationship to MVP? I'm just curious if we can rely on your information.

They did not want to release the information that they had a new driver. The PDGA announced it when MVP sent in the disc for approval.

Announcing it so early seems to be turning into somewhat of a mistake, though. I pre-ordered a few from Community Discs. Dum dee doo...

Even if they didn't announce it people would have found out about it when it got approved. I just don't understand why they started advertising it, at one point the ad banner on here was advertising it.

The only thing MVP is doing is making people want it more. No one can honestly say they won't buy it because they waited too long. If anything, they'll buy two because they had more time to think about just how great it will be.

MVP are genius marketers.

Wait so it's confirmed that it won't be out this year? Or is that just the dgcr speculators shaking people's boots?

Even if they didn't announce it people would have found out about it when it got approved. I just don't understand why they started advertising it, at one point the ad banner on here was advertising it.
We released its existence BECAUSE of the PDGA announcing it. We wanted to own the initial flow of info. That announcement was huge and it deserved a banner. The ETA date will be huge and I'll probably do another banner for that.

VOLT STORY:

The PDGA got a proto. These protos are fiiine. Most companies would have put it out.

MVP needed to expand their factory anyway, because they couldn't maintain stock AND release a bomb driver.

So they expanded their factory. That takes time to set up, obviously.

Part of the expansion is a new machine that trumps all disc-making machines in the industry. This machine makes discs with more quality control... finite tolerances. This matters on a driver... the overmold *has* to match perfectly, more so than the mids and putters overmolds.

So while the Volt could've rolled out in July or whatever, it wouldn't have been at the tippy top of quality control and consistency down the line, which is what MVP requires of their products.

Everything doesn't always go according to plan, but it can always meet your standards -- IF you value standards more than a rush to market.

There is no new Volt news. MVP wouldn't give a release date even if they thought it would be ready tomorrow, so they are never going to give release information regarding the coming year.

Wait so it's confirmed that it won't be out this year? Or is that just the dgcr speculators shaking people's boots?
I have NOT heard anything from MVP about that long of a delay.

hopefully this isn't too private-natured of an info drop for MVP, but what I've heard regarding release date goes like this...

the nature of the holdup, being equipment config, means that you'll have a release date heads-up of a couple weeks or less. when it's ready to rock, it's rockin' out the full run -- none of this "it'll be ready to run X months from now". when it's perfect, IT'S ON. perfection in progress. THAT is why we can't have an ETA. the ETA will come pretty close to release. that's as cut-and-dried as it gets.

Is that really you Zam? Using punctuation and explaining things literally?