• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Gonna put a Volt back in the bag so I took these out for field work. Gotta say the flight was pretty consistent between them. Protons were maybe a touch more stable, Fission a touch less. Fission is kinda cool, 174g and has a little turn. Gonna bag the proton misprint.

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_072445.jpg
    IMG_20190722_072445.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 62
My Eclipse Volt is gone before its time, lost to a watery grave. Was at my brick and mortar shop today and came across this gorgeous thing. I had no idea they had done these in Cosmic Neutron. Has anybody thrown one of these yet? I've heard they're quite a bit more stable than a standard Volt.

My Eclipse Volt is gone before its time, lost to a watery grave. Was at my brick and mortar shop today and came across this gorgeous thing. I had no idea they had done these in Cosmic Neutron. Has anybody thrown one of these yet? I've heard they're quite a bit more stable than a standard Volt.

Missed the edit window. Here's the picture

CosmicNeutronVoltsm.jpg

I have thrown one, a domey one (please let me buy all of your domey Volts) and it was more OS indeed. Straight to fade (at 450 feet of power with DD's)

It still blows me away that this was MVP's first driver and probably the only disc that could have knocked the PD out for me. All these years later and its still the backbone of my bag.

I recently got and older run purple Proton that I posted a picture of in the MVP thread and I sure have been enjoying it's flight. It has incredible HSS without losing any glide. It also doesn't fade too early. I now pair that with my flight #'s Proton that had some turn from the get-go and they cover almost everything I like to do with the Volt.

Just got a N Volt for a re-visit. My Mantis are a bit too flippy and my Vultures are too long. This should be perfect for that gap.

Finally got out and threw the Cosmic Neutron yesterday, and it's by far the most stable Volt I've ever thrown. Quite a bit beefier than my Eclipse was.

Yeah, like I said in the other tread it feels more stable than Shocks, closer to Teslas, with my handspeed its hard to pick up the differences

I just picked up an electron volt, and really liked my few few throws with it. I'm a fan of DX teebirds, but this volt seemed to fly farther, handle touch forehands much better, and the plastic has a nicer feel and grip to it. I plan on reading through this thread at work this week, but might be faster just asking the handful of questions I have so far.

How durable is the electron plastic, compared to DX? Is the rim the same plastic as neutron/proton, and fairly durable? What is the general order of stability in the various plastics? Also, my shop has a fission volt that was 167 grams, but I've never seen anything in a blizzard/star lite type plastic over 150g, is that normal? How different is a 167 fission from a 170 neutron?

I just picked up an electron volt, and really liked my few few throws with it. I'm a fan of DX teebirds, but this volt seemed to fly farther, handle touch forehands much better, and the plastic has a nicer feel and grip to it. I plan on reading through this thread at work this week, but might be faster just asking the handful of questions I have so far.

How durable is the electron plastic, compared to DX? Is the rim the same plastic as neutron/proton, and fairly durable? What is the general order of stability in the various plastics? Also, my shop has a fission volt that was 167 grams, but I've never seen anything in a blizzard/star lite type plastic over 150g, is that normal? How different is a 167 fission from a 170 neutron?

my experience has been electron is super grippy to the point that i couldnt adjust and kept late releasing cuz it would be glued to my hand

also electron dinged and warped super easy and held its sweet spot for about a round then became a flippy piece of garbage

electron sucks and not even a baseline price

ive only thrown the older fizz volts but they are lovely baby turn and baby fade almost like a fresh fd or saint

tbh i would measure up plh instead of measuring up the weights

The more i throw the Volt the more i realize it is the straightest fairway driver i can imagine. It is the fairway version of a Buzzz. You point and shoot (throw it flat) and it stays on a straight line until fade.

Just like a good Buzzz, these mould up flat. They are so neutral you dont have to add hyzer or anny. The Volt is also not high speed sensitive. I think the gyro has a way of locking it on a line without it swaying from side to side. Just throw hard and flat.

I see ppl asking for a Buzzz flight in a fairway. Its this disc...
yeah ....others disc may go straight with certain angles and speed but this replicates a Buzzz flight almost perfectly.

I have a proton and neutron and they both do the same thing. The cosmic neutron i got was beefy and glideless for some reason(i do not recommended)

The more i throw the Volt the more i realize it is the straightest fairway driver i can imagine...I have a proton and neutron and they both do the same thing. The cosmic neutron i got was beefy and glideless for some reason(i do not recommended)

Agreed, Cosmic Neutron is a meat hook. My personal favorite is Proton Volt.

But IMO there are better options for the Buzzz of fairway drivers slot. Premium plastic Leopards, JLS are two off the top of my head. I'm not saying that to take away from how awesome the Volt is though.

The Buzzz is pretty awesome, I would submit the Stalker and Crave as closest cousins. Hey the Volt is the second removed cousin that made it out of the boondocks and drives a convertible.

I did a lot of damage with my FR volts, I should throw my fission more I guess... I don't like the 172 weight. Great disc though on my old ones. Anymore. :( haha I should pull it out again, damn it's great in the wind.

I'm relatively new to the MVP world...

I got a Prism Plasma Volt in my players pack at a tournament, I can say one word; WOW!!!What a game changer. It has a slow flip up to forward penetrating fade. I then picked another up in Cosmic Neutron, its beefy, like a fresh max weight Teebird. They are perfect compliments to one another.

can somebody tell me the difference between plastics of the Volt? Thread's so big I can't find the info I need. Trying ro fill a gap of my Fission Tesla and Plasma Tesla. Hard to find Neutron Teslas here so I'm hoping a Volt can fit the bill.

Hello there

can somebody tell me the difference between plastics of the Volt? Thread's so big I can't find the info I need. Trying ro fill a gap of my Fission Tesla and Plasma Tesla. Hard to find Neutron Teslas here so I'm hoping a Volt can fit the bill.
I have a plasma, neutron and a cosmic neutron.
In terms of grip, its plasma > cosmic neutron > neutron.
In terms of stability its cosmic neutron > neutron > plasma.
I love them all. Plasma for bh anhyzers, neutron for bh and fh straigth shots and cosmic neutron for bh and fh hyzers or upwinds.
I also have a plasma and proton Tesla. The Teslas are so similar that i only bag the plasma because it's simply the best plastic in grip and feel. I'd say that my cosmic neutron Volt handles a hard flick better than my plasma Tesla. The Volt also has a more agressive fade, the Tesla stays on a smoother hyzer line until it hits the ground. The Tesla goes a bit farther when thrown bh @ full power. I throw my cosmic neutron volt for forced S lines and hyzers. Tesla for hyzers >320 or close to full power hyzer flips up to 400. For max distance I use Plasma Octanes (bh) and plasma Photon (fh) instead.

Last edited:

the only difference is how they look. people have said for years that proton or neutron are more durable or less stable but in reality one is opaque and one is translucent.. thats it.

the electrons of course are base plastic so you can beat them up and get some variation.