• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag

Dj sticky

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 6 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) :350 max, 325 average

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, lacrosse, snowboarding
Additional Information: Author's discretion
What do you like/dislike about your current : occasional accuracy issues

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
168 champion wraith- main driver
170 star roadrunner- have not used this disc (just got it)
168- dx cheetah- used for getting around trees
170 dx Valkyrie- have not used this disc (just got it)
168 champion Orc- used for wind shots

Mids:
150 dx shark- side arm throws
170 star mako- have not used this disc (just got it)
168 elite stalker- fairway drive

Putters:
Dart- normal to distance putts
Ion- approach
Birdie- hardly use it

Well, first I would say to drop the Wraith, they are great discs but they're REALLY inconsistent until you've got your form really tuned in.

The shark will be your go to turnover mid if you continue to throw it, and you'll have to see where the orc/valk/stalker/roadrunner fit in with your form right now.

You've got the Stalker listed with your mids, but really it's about what you should be throwing as a driver on most holes.

I don't at all disagree with the Valk/Orc/Roadrunner, they're the discs that will teach you how drivers throw.

Perhaps try a more stable midrange as well, wasp/gator/drone etc

I appreciate your feedback, what do you think would be a good "main driver" or something that's reliable from discs?

Put the wraith away till you can hit 350 consistently with your stalker and 375 with your orc/roadrunner/valkyrie. Trust me. I second the wasp suggestion, and the mako will be a nice form corrector. Once you can throw that at max power without a turn and burn, move up on speeds. Looks good otherwise!

might look for a driver to be a tern. I know it is a speed 12 but it is super controllable and the glide is amazing. stick with champ plastic, the star is a little understable but will still come back.

I am going to redo the way i break down your bag. I will give you flight ratings and ideas on what to do with your bag. i know that a lot of disc golfers say hey go throw the disc and then learn to do with. the flight # is just a guide for when buying a new disc

Wraith: 11 5 -1 3. This disc is designed for distance. i would say to keep in your bag. If it is your most distance driver it is slightly overstable to fight any mistakes. Work on form and this will go far for you.

Roadrunner: 9 5 -4 1. i would say this is a good roller disc or a good turnover disc. you can also use this as a hyzer flip distance shot. however only being 6 months might be a difficult shot to control.

cheetah: 6 4 -2 2. i have never thrown a cheetah. based on stats low glide and should be a small turn then fade back.

Valk: 9 4 -2 2. a nice driver i used to throw them until i discovered the stag. it is good for control shots and has a small rim to fit the hand well.

Orc: 10 4 -1 3. not your typical wind disc. i would look at a max, firebird, monster if you like innova. my wind discs are the max, world by westside. i would get a max or a firebird.

mids

shark: 4 4 0 2. stable disc but with dx plastic it will beat in quickly. your forehand will be come a forehand roller after a few tree wacks. i thow the max for forehands but i recommend a lot of practice before that.

Mako: 4 5 0 0. this disc is fairly straight but will turn over at least in my experiance. i would recommend to beat in a little bit but should be a good disc. also might take a while to beat in with the star plastic.

stalker: 6 4 -1 2. according to disc nation flight ratings. so midrange that will come back. good looking disc. low glide.

putters

dart
ion
birdie

i dont compare putters because my belief in putting is you can put any putter in the hand and if you like it and feel more comftorble with it then you will make it. putting is not the putter it is the mind and the confidence to make it.

overall you have a good bag. if your throwing 350 max and average 300 at this point you are doing well. i just started taking disc golf seriously about a 1 and a half years. i can throw 350-400 but can sometimes bomb 420 ish. you do have a good lineup. you dont have a lot of discs that overlap. i would recommend maybe getting a new wind disc the cheetah can probably go and repalce with maybe a beast or stag by westside.