• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Form Journey and Current Plateau

bnbanbury

Eagle Member
So I wanted to share my a little about my evolving form and current frustrations to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I've been playing for 4 years and saw steady improvement in my game. About a year into playing i could drive farther than many of the ams i played with consistently hitting 375-400' in golf distance. However, i had no idea how i was doing this and playing mostly wooded courses on the east coast i was frustrated by inaccuracy.

So i retooled my throw, read articles, watched videos and my accuracy started improving dramatically. I started winning am1 tournaments and playing well on tight, technical courses. The problem is somewhere along the way i've lost the distance i initially had. I can throw 325-350 feet max at this point. I can park an open 300' hole consistently but i have to use a teebird to reach it.

The bottom line is that i want to be competitive in open. I've achieved what i wanted to in the amateur divisions and i know that good pro players are just as accurate but can reach holes that i just can't at this point.

I wondered if anyone has been in the same boat. I will be using the downtime in the winter to work on Blake's drills and Beato's as well but wondered if anyone had thoughts on one or two specific drills or points of emphasis to concentrate on. thanks in advance and thank you to everyone who contributes content to help people in here.

Video from the side and rear, shot preferably in slow motion will be the first point of order.

Beato drill may be unnecessary if you are already hitting late acceleration. It's going to be just guess work until we clearly see what's happening.

Some people prefer videos at live speed. "Side" and "rear" are in reference to the initial line, not the intended target.

Latest posts