• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My n00b bag...

OutofStep13

Hey everyone,
I just started playing about a month ago and currently have 6 discs. I have a couple I bought on impulse without research so I want to rebuild my bag.
I throw RHBH and currently in the 200-250 rannge. Looking for suggestions on what to add or remove to my beginner bag so I can learn the sport better.
Thanks.

In Bag:

168g - Pro-D Surge (Impulse buy, I never throw it)
175g - Star Leopard (Another impulse buy, it's an X-out)
168g - E Sabre (my go to driver)
167g - DX Stingray (just got it, haven't really used it much)
170g - DX Shark (pretty beat, I let all my friends who haven't played use it, so it's always being thrown into trees and metal posts lol)
169g - Pro-D Banger GT

Recommendations?
TIA

you actually have a decent workable bag for a newer player. The Saber and Leopard are similar but you may get more fade out of the Star Leopard since it is max weight and Premium plastic. The Surge may not be useful to you right now but as you improve you will get better flights out of it.

I think the Shark is an underrated mid. you may want to get another one that your friends haven't destroyed yet.

everything else looks okay.

they are and they aren't. they are both fairly straight fliers but the Buzzz is a good bit faster. The Buzzz is a solid disc and can handle a lot of snap. Try the buzzz and see how you like it.

welcome to the forums btw.

i would actually learn to throw that beat up shark... like a comet, it will teach you how to throw smooth. or just get a comet haha

Get a few DX Rocs and let your friends play with them. They start out stable with a strong fade, but the more they wear the straighter they fly.

When you get to throwing near 300' consistently with your Sabre or Leopard, you might pick up a Champion Teebird to use as a utility disc (headwinds, hyzers, skip shots, thumbers, etc.)

Don't throw anything with a big fat rim until you can get that Leopard well over 300' consistently. When you do decide to try something faster, a mid 160's Star Valkyrie or Roadrunner can be a thing of beauty for you.

Mason65 said:
Get a few DX Rocs and let your friends play with them. They start out stable with a strong fade, but the more they wear the straighter they fly.

When you get to throwing near 300' consistently with your Sabre or Leopard, you might pick up a Champion Teebird to use as a utility disc (headwinds, hyzers, skip shots, thumbers, etc.)

Don't throw anything with a big fat rim until you can get that Leopard well over 300' consistently. When you do decide to try something faster, a mid 160's Star Valkyrie or Roadrunner can be a thing of beauty for you.
^^^ there ya go

put the surge an the leo on the self. buy a new shark but keep the old one as well. work the stingray in a field learning to control understable disc will improve your game alot. like suggested before bring the surge back and leo when you start hitting 300' with the sabre.