• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Return - and An Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

_MTL_

Flippy Flopper
Tim and DGCR Community,

When I posted almost three years ago that I was boycotting this site due to my strong feelings against Custom Titles, I truly left the site. Have I read the forum between now and then? Yes. Have I wanted to come back? Yes. Have I used the courses feature? Yes.

Earlier this week I decided that I did in fact want to end my "boycott" of the site and return to posting. It was then I learned my account had been banned. A friend reached out to Tim and forwarded a message requesting my account to be unlocked. He agreed, and here we are.

I want to start out by saying I am not a perfect person. I have many many flaws and I sometimes do not treat people the way they should be treated, especially in the DG community. Part of that comes from an inherent personality flaw I have, part of that comes from pure ego and cockiness. While this does explain it, it doesn't excuse it.

I never realized how many people had been turned off by my behavior from the early 2010s until I recently returned to this site to see what conversation was occurring around the 2018 AM Worlds. It's easy in my moments of anger and frustration to dismiss opinions; it's a much different perspective almost a 1000 days later to read them.

While I still do not agree with custom titles that others can request for you, I do want to apologize for a few things before I return to active posting. I want to apologize for the way I handled it - rage quit as I've read - and I want to recognize that people's negative reaction to it was much more about who was saying it rather than what was said. I publicly apologize to the scores of people I've offended on here in many conversations where I've come across as rude, condescending or both. While this is a flaw I still have, it's something I've greatly grown in recently due to my marriage, a very tough personal employment situation and a re-commitment of my Christianity.

I want to personally and publicly apologize to a few users as well - mainly New013, BrotherDave and JohnnyConservative. I've treated you three in particular very poorly in various interactions and I've been wrong in how I chose to handle those in those interactions to the point I'm admitting that publicly.

I also owe Tim a public apology. I brought a lot of unneeded attention to you and this site. I reached out to you prior to the thread and you briefly explained why you didn't agree with me. This is your site and you have the right to run it as you feel. I apologize for not accepting that.

With all that said, I hope this apology can smooth things over. I understand this post won't nearly be enough to clear my name on here - it will take months or even years of positive behavior. I also know that I'm past the point of no return with some of you - mainly the three I named - and that's ok as well. I accept my past and blame no one but myself.

I look forward to discussing the things I'm passionate about in this sport - The PDGA, North Carolina PDGA Events, Discraft and the 2018 PDGA Am World Championships.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts