• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

tistoude

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
This is a bag I found at Cabela's that matches up really well against the Grip Eq bag but for $100 less. Some key points are that the upper section and the disc poscket are separated by zipper flap. I heard alot of complaints from the Grip users that they have to pile their stuff right on top of the discs. Also there is sweet insulated drink sleeve and an umbrella holder (really a fishing rod holder). The only things I added were two safety pins on the front pocket to limit how far the zippers open.

_DSC0856.jpg

_DSC0857.jpg

Cabela's XPG Pro Series Angler Pack

If you need a larger one check out the XPG Deluxe Angler Pack!

how many discs does it hold? i can't see the pics at work to see if it's loaded up.

but it looks sweet in the link

I have 14 discs in the pouch, not couting the two putters up top, and I have room for 4 or 5 more.

sweet, beat me to it. i saw this online and plan on doing the same. the only thing i was unsure of was the capacity of the top compartment and where to put a nalgene.

Awesome. I'm guessing this is the $69.99 version that they have listed online? Sort of makes me regret my recent purchase, but oh well.

While searching their site I came across this which also intrigued me. I'm tempted to take a look in person to see how discs would fit in there.

s7_125067_999_alt01_01

Nice work man, I love my "home made" bag. I made the one from the Swissgear backpack and its holding up great

i bought the swissgear BP to be a BP :) i use it when i head outta town for a nite or two. Holds all my clothes and othe needs. love the shoe straps :)

This is my first post, been looking for a while at the site but havent posted till today.

Have you had a chance to take this bag out for a round? How did it hold up pros/cons any discs falling out etc?

I want a backpack bag but don't want to drop the 150 on a rev and yours looks sweet.

I have played a couple rounds now with my bag and I have to say it did really well. The bag itself is very comfortable and seems really well made. It took me a couple of tries to dial in where I needed the saftey pins to be so that it was easy to pull out the discs but not too loose that the discs will fall out on their own. The separation between the upper and lower sections is perfect. I have never understood why some of the bags on the market make you pile stuff on top of the discs?? I do wish the drink holder was larger. It can hold a bottle of soada/water but would not be able handle a Nalgene.

All in all the main adjustment was just getting used to using a backpack style instead the Innova Tourney bag with quad shocks.

This is awesome, as my disc collection is growing and I am finding the need for more disc I have been in search for a cheaper solution to the crazy prices of quality bags, you might have something here!

This is my first post, been looking for a while at the site but havent posted till today.

Have you had a chance to take this bag out for a round? How did it hold up pros/cons any discs falling out etc?

I want a backpack bag but don't want to drop the 150 on a rev and yours looks sweet.

Welcome to the jungle.

Thanks for posting this, I think Im gonna order one soon. I bought fade quads last year and they are nice in all but they hang to low on my back even after adjusting. Everytime I put them on I end up scraping my arm or hand on the straps or caribeaners(?) thus cutting them regularly. Nothing big just annoying.

I am not to worried about the drink holder I do have a 32oz metal reusable water bottle that looks like it would fit perfectly. If not there is room in the top section I could just put it in.

This is awesome, as my disc collection is growing and I am finding the need for more disc I have been in search for a cheaper solution to the crazy prices of quality bags, you might have something here!

I gotta agree the bag looks like it it will do just as good as the rev bag at less than half the price. To me 150 is too much to spend on a bag especially one I have heard mixed reviews on.

And you dont have to wait 6 months at a time to get a POS bag!!!

The one pic online shows it holding the fishing rod. How would that work as a umbrella holder?

This bag does have one similarity with the Grip EQ bag. They both are on backorder. The difference is the Cabelas will be back in stock by mid july and I would expect one to ship then. The grip well...

two quick questions: 1. do the discs fall over if there are only 5-8 in the bag. 2. do the discs dig into your back when you have the bag full? thanks, and it looks really promising.

I am seriously thinking of getting this bag. When it becomes available.
I was wondering if I could fit my current layout.

3 putters ( throwers not putters)
4 mids
5 fairways
8 distance drivers

Total of 20 discs.
tistoude Do you think this bag could hold this in the bottom compartment?