• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Narrow tunnel or Big hyzer around

attik34

Birdie Member
I'm having HUGE problems with a hole at my course...http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/1370/58c53688.jpg .....

now this hole is actually alot differnt now than in that picture...there are probably 3 more rows of trees in front of those trees in the picture...they come up to like....40-50 ft in front of the tee i would guess...maybe a little farther but not much..

So try to picture that....I guess a good thing for me to do would be grab a picture...

basically what im getting at...is trying to hit that gap what i should be looking to do...or just hyzer around the trees...as you an see...after those trees its super open except for the tree right by the pin...my issue is that if i go through the treess...i very seldom make it clean because its just a weird shot...deceptively downhill...and i just never hit it clean through because of the path the trees leave...if i hyzer around to the right...i leave a bad shot coming back because of the tree to the right of the pin....and i cant even come close to bending something left to right without using my incredibly terrible and inconsistant FH....so...thoughts....?

I have a hole on my home course that's similar, but way more trees. About 250' across an open field then into a tunnel which goes another 110' uphill. Or take the huge hyzer rout and try to backdoor it through a gap on the right.

I go up the guts everytime. Why make the hole play longer by trying to bomb some huge hyzer?

That hyzer looks pretty open to me, I'll go that way given a choice.

The big hyzer is probably what most peeps would go with but for me I like to spice things up. I would go up the gut with some kind of low s-turn shot or just a straight laser shot.
Big hyzers just don't appeal to me and seem to take less skill. I like a little challenge on the course and going with the straight shot will help you when you're on a heavily wooded hole with no big hyzer route.
Do what's best for you though... do what is going to get you the lowest score. :D
Regardless of what you choose, have fun and go from there! :clap:

how long is the hole? if you hyzer a wraith or boss can you come in from the side or behind the pin?
from that pic i would probabaly turn a valk in there, if its shorter, a roc, a buzzz or an axis will turn in.
kinda a hard to give advice without actual distance and how far you can throw you mids/drivers.

Depending on how long it is I would probably use a slight anhyzer through he middle on a stable disc (TL etc.) or my buzzz.

Leopard up the middle or a Destroyer high and off to the right. Either shot seems pretty safe to me. If it's shorter than what it looks I'd just throw a thumber over the top.

It looks wide open to the right but I could probably lace something through the middle of their too. It all depends on what your more comfortable with. Going to the right seems to take the risk out of it. There are a couple holes at my local course where it's a tight tunnel but I completely take it out of the equation by hyzering around it. Try out both shots and see which one is more reliable for you

If its 250 - 300ft I'd go hyzer. Anything less than 250 calls for a Roc up the center and low.

Looks like a perfect FH hyzer hole.

honestly it looks like you could throw just about anything here. FH, BH, Thumber and straight at it all are quite reasonable.....FH looks the simplest

For those asking about distances, this is hole #4 at Huckleberry DGC in Hannibal, MO. The short tee is Par 3 / 235ft.; the long tee is Par 3 / 287ft. I am not sure which tee this photo represents, or if it's one tee with two baskets (looks like another basket way down on the right?).

If it's 235, I'm parking a DX Roc through the gap.
If it's 287, I'm probably throwing Leopard or FH Teebird through the gap, or throwing my Champ Orc on the hyzer route, since I'm super friendly with that disc. I might throw a Buzzz if I'm pretty warmed up.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Last edited:

Latest posts