• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DGCR ratings - Who sucks worse than me?

If I would enter al of the rounds I've played since starting, my average would be worse than that.

Woo-Hoo, 795, I don't suck the most!

No offense to davetherocketguy.

i got add more rounds so my rating goes down

when did that feature get added? Currently 906 but I could make it go down real quick if i added a couple of my flyboy rounds....

The feature was added last week. :) Also, entering really old historical rounds actually won't matter much/at all. Just like the PDGA rating system, the DGCR system only uses your rounds from the past calendar year (i.e. up to one year between your most recent and oldest round, as long as it finds at least 12 rounds), and double-weights your most-recent 25% of those rounds included.

Lol, mine is 647. That's probably inflated. :\ Am I the new standard for sucking?

The feature was added last week. :) Also, entering really old historical rounds actually won't matter much/at all. Just like the PDGA rating system, the DGCR system only uses your rounds from the past calendar year (i.e. up to one year between your most recent and oldest round, as long as it finds at least 12 rounds), and double-weights your most-recent 25% of those rounds included.
It must pull in from a year from your last entry. My last entered rounds were from 2011 and there is still a rating there for me.

My rating is much better than I expected. Granted, I only record rounds that have a meaning (club events, cash game with friends, etc) and only what I have recorded since January in my pdga app. So there's plenty of old, bad rounds I don't have detailed info on.

mines probably inflated cuz i started out posting all my rounds but then got in a routine of only recording good rounds so i could keep track of my personal best rounds at courses. now i just don't post any. though this feature might persuade to keep track of my competition rounds.

It must pull in from a year from your last entry. My last entered rounds were from 2011 and there is still a rating there for me.

Yeah, it's a year from the most recent recorded round back, unless the system doesn't find at least 12 rounds, in which case it will keep going back in time until it finds 12.

Any idea what the highest theoretical rating is with this? I would guess that going to a course like FlyBoy and putting in a 1 on every hole would get me something like a 5000 rated round.

I spent one summer ever really putting in my rounds a long time ago. My DGCR rating is certainly a relic, but maybe this will be incentive to be proactive. Also, for some reason my PDGA rating listed on the site hasnt changed in 3 years or so, but my rating has been much higher for a long time. The rating isnt auto-populated from my PDGA# anymore? How do I update the rating?

669, so I got ya beat. A lot of earlier rounds from when I really sucked (instead of now when I just moderately suck) are dragging mine down.
There are some things I probably would not have entered if I knew it was going to be rated. I went +17 on a nine-hole one day; it was -9 with snow on the ground. I couldn't feel my fingers. I also had a bag full of Christmas plastic that I was testing. It was fun and I was goofing off; I never got into a "I gotta concentrate and shoot better" mode so shooting double bogey golf didn't really phase me. I missed 12 putts (in 9 holes) and went OB four times. I think I entered it because it was so bad that I was amused by it.

It was rated as a 380, BTW. :|

I don't know what the capabilities of the system are, but perhaps the ratings should work sort of like the pdga ratings where only more recent rounds within a certain time period are counted.

Latest posts