• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Drive Technique..less effort more distance!

I'd like to see a video of this.

Sounds to me like he finally got his form right and that usually adds about that much difference. Form is a lot more important than most people think but if you can throw with good form, it really doesn't matter how strong you are you will be able to outdrive most people.

taking what i learned from Jrawk :hfive:...i practiced a little bit today before i played, and started with no steps, to just 2 steps, and instead of a swooping run up throw, i was doing more of a pull through throw (more form correct)

i was basically facing backwards with my arm straight posistion pointing away from my target, taking 1 step and pulling the disc in a straight motion across my body during the 2nd step...i was able to throw low and accurate averaging 420-460, with so much less effort than my previous way of throwing. i feel like with the energy i was using to throw this far, i would of thrown around 350' with my other form. i was able to flip the destroyer over very easy, and the boss was holding its line from a flat release and going a little farther than the destroyer.

if anyone would like for me to post a video on this i wouldnt mind, its a great way to gain distance, while giving less effort, and being accurate (mainly because the setup is consistant) this is also a drive style that i believe can be used in the wooded courses.

i tried this same form on midrange discs as well as putters, and found that my form is not yet clean enough for these discs, as the disc comes out fluttering and diving to the right (mainly because i have not yet figured a good grip for these yet)...but for the drivers they come out very very clean, no visible sign of wobble.

The guy that beats me every week uses this method. He learned to throw with his right arm after his left shoulder was injured. This is the way he throws right handed... for distance drives only. He only needs about 4-5 feet of tee box for his max distance. Facing backward with his right arm straight out, he lifts his right knee straight up and in one motion... he turns his hips and shoulders... pulls his arm straight across as he lands his right foot and snap... well over 300 feet for a guy over 50 years old. (With is "other", non writing, arm!) Combined with his lefty short game... he wins the senior circuit group I play in... just about every week. (But... I'm trying to find a way take over the box on the first tee...)

Still believe that your form or throwing technique means nothing if you don't have real strong arm strength. Most of the people I see who can haul ass with the disc look to have very strong arms .

Still believe that your form or throwing technique means nothing if you don't have real strong arm strength. Most of the people I see who can haul ass with the disc look to have very strong arms .
As some of the big arms what gets sore after a bunch of big drives. I bet few of them say their arms get sore. You'll hear more of them say that their back gets worked way more than their arms.

I threw like this all day today, with some good success. I think I will continue on with this grip, as it feels more confident. I did turn out my AvSS on my favorite hole... welp. Just gives me a reason to rip the **** out of something more stable next time.

I love the information I get from this forum. Every time I adopt a new technique from here, I have to throw discs that are more, and more stable...
I think that's a good sign. :)

As some of the big arms what gets sore after a bunch of big drives. I bet few of them say their arms get sore. You'll hear more of them say that their back gets worked way more than their arms.

:thmbup: Lower right back, and upper right chest and, I think Obliques they are called.

Latest posts