• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Improved Voodoo Spinal Tap

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Figured I would make a new thread since the old one died. I just ordered a purple spinal tap and was curious to see if anyone had a video or pictures of theirs and your thoughts

New Spinal Tap

I'm currently trying to decide between the ergo2 and the new spinal tap. . . . Supposedly a new ergo is in the works so I'm torn whether to wait or purchase one now. If you get your new st in I'd love to see a review or pictures. I'm liking the looks of the potion purple.

I'm currently trying to decide between the ergo2 and the new spinal tap. . . . Supposedly a new ergo is in the works so I'm torn whether to wait or purchase one now. If you get your new st in I'd love to see a review or pictures. I'm liking the looks of the potion purple.

I'll be sure to! I have an ergo2 right now. I'll definitely be comparing them both.

I got my new Spinal Tap on Friday. So far I'm liking it a lot. It replaced my Grip bag.

I've been carrying a Lat 64 Luxury bag since December. It's got the best storage space, I love that I can stuff my fleece/sweatshirt in it, but it's pretty heavy. I saw somebody else mention the weight of the luxury bag, can you post the weight of your ST when you get it? I emailed Voodoo, but haven't gotten a response. I'm thinking about switching over, but the weight is a deciding factor. I'd also love to see a vid or some pics of the space in the main pocket to see how it compares to my luxury bag, as well. Thanks.

Well the package tracking says it is 6 lbs so I'm guessing 5. I'll be sure to weigh myself with it on when it comes in wednesday. The ergo 2 weighs 4 lbs. Just weighed myself with it. I love that about the ergo. I think the ST will be the perfect balance between storage and weight

Last edited:
Also evidently Ricky Wysocki just got sponsored by voodoo. He was carrying the ST at the Nick Hyde memorial in TX this past weekend

Say what? I haven't seen anything on a new Ergo, but would be pumped if that's happening soon.

One of my card mates at a local tournament was sporting an Ergo 3 prototype. It has a built in stool which is padded, and is much more stable and sturdy than my Ergo 2. I don't think you could go wrong with either an Ergo 3 or a Spinal Tap.

Also evidently Ricky Wysocki just got sponsored by voodoo. He was carrying the ST at the Nick Hyde memorial in TX this past weekend

Well, there seems to be a Dave Feldberg connection there. So it shouldn't be surprising. Good to know, though.
Would be interesting to know how he compares the bags.

Well, there seems to be a Dave Feldberg connection there. So it shouldn't be surprising. Good to know, though.
Would be interesting to know how he compares the bags.

I would too but he seems to be very stand offish about bags and what he throws, he just well throws

My New Potion Purple Spinal Tap arrived last night.

The large Side pockets still have the internal pouches for cell phone, valuables and wallet.

The Drink holders will fit a regular size Gatorade.

The New and improved putter pocket holds four putters and the upper pouch is completely sealed now.

The Straps are welded on now and the birdy bag pockets are now made with Cordura material rather than webbing.

The ST bag seems to be is a little lighter than the Latitude 64 Luxury bag.

I'm having custom purple and black zipper pulls made to trick it out and adding snap loops to the top as anchor points for a Purple Towch.

The large Side pockets still have the internal pouches for cell phone, valuables and wallet.

The Dual Drink holders will fit a regular size Gatorade.

The New and improved putter pocket holds four putters and the upper pouch is completely sealed now.

The Straps are welded on and the birdy bag pockets are now made with Cordura material rather than webbing.

I'm having custom purple and black zipper pulls made to trick it out and adding snap loops to the top as anchor points for a Purple Towch.

Did I say "Birdy Bag"? I meant "Boogie Bag"!

Attachments

• ST Voodoo Potion Purple.jpg
    ST Voodoo Potion Purple.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 229

The Drink holders will fit a regular size Gatorade.

The Straps are welded on now and the birdy bag pockets are now made with Cordura material rather than webbing.

Very nice! My bag is set to arrive today. I like the towch anchor points idea

Well my bag came in and so far I am thoroughly impressed. All loaded up it is just 1 pound heavier than my ergo 2. Need to take it out for a couple rounds before I make my review video

My video review of the Spinal Tap. Really impressed with this bag from the way it sits to the crazy amount of storage voodoo is famous for. Enjoy

review

Great review! The bag certainly looks nice. I like the fact that you fit your water bladder nicely in the side pocket that's something I'm considering when purchasing a backpack style bag.