• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Member from Ga

Hi all. Fairly new to the site and DG. I'll be in Atlanta next week for 10 days and hoping to check out a course. Perkerson Park seems to be the closest from where I'm staying. I'll probably be working most of the day, but on the rare occasion i get some free time, I'll be swinging by Perkerson. I'll have my Bag Tag with me so if any of you see a guy chopping down trees and looking lost, hit me up! :eek:

Besides the reviews on this site for this park, anyone have any tips or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Loyd

Perkerson is awesome, you're going to have a great time. I read that they recently did a few things to make the course more easily navigated, which is a great improvement compared to the prior.

Awesome layout and design though, so have fun!

I can't really think of what's near Perkerson, if anything. It is the only course ITP(In the perimeter) so it's the only true ATL course. If you have time to drive around a bit, East Roswell Park is a decent ways north, but awesome! Also JP Moseley is really fun, as is redan. ERP & JP Moseley are definitely top tier courses for a challenge(Different type of challenge for each though!) and Redan is more traditional, relatively simple(while still entertaining golf) course design.

I would love to get up there and throw a round at one of them with you if the time presents itself, i've been itching for some golf in that area as I haven't been that way in at least a month.

ALSO, if you get a full day off, going west to Flyboy Aviation would be the best thing possible, its the #1 course in the world, literally. It's just marked as extinct on the site so you have to check a little box when you search for it. If that does become a possibility, get in contact with the owner, Kelly. He's really busy these days so he may not be able to accommodate, but if he can, you won't regret it.

Thanks for all the info Connor! I'll hit you up once I know how my schedule's going to be.

Cheers.

Latest posts