• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PaulC

Hey y'all...I'm Paul and I just recently heard about this sport and am very interested in playing.
I appreciate how some live cam sites have a privacy mode option for those who prefer to keep their identity hidden.

Last edited:
Just get the Innova starter set for about $25, it comes with 3 discs that cover the basics of what you'll need. Aviar (putter), Shark (mid range), and Leopard (fairway driver). There are a lot of videos posted on here about how to throw, grip the disc, and other basics to help get started; then just go to a course and play (or to a field to practice). Good luck.

Under the courses tab here go to browse map and you'll find all the courses you can want

If you are on Facebook, do a search for disc golf. See if it turns up any leagues or groups in your area. Along with the courses tab on this site, uDisc is a good app for finding courses and, depending on the league, uDisc may have information on when/where leagues play in your area.

I second the idea of getting a starter pack....but put the driver on your shelf as you learn how to throw. Work with just the putter and midrange for a few months.

Hey y'all...I'm Paul and I just recently heard about this sport and am very interested in playing. The only problem I have is where to begin! I have no equipment, never tried it and wondering where to start? I'm not sure I really want to invest in the equipment before trying it out first, so I was wondering if there were rental discs just to try it a few times and are there any local SW FL courses that give lessons? Thanks in advance for any help!
What the others said…. Plus, starter discs, in base plastic, only run about $10 each, and you can really start a little with just 1 or 2 if you want to stay on a budget. Heck, if you own a frisbee, you can play your first round with that. Or, hit the yard or a park, pick a target (tree), and fly your disc/frisbee until you hit it. Then pick another target. Do it with a friend or family member if you can. This sport is about as cheap to get started as you could hope for. Most courses are in parks and are free to play, and any open field can serve as a practice range.

Latest posts