• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

denglish

Par Member
Hello fellow DGers Im Don I live in Dallas area and i am pretty new to DG been playing almost 3 months.:clap: I was wondering if there are in courses in texas that i should make sure to play?

I own alot of discs already and throw few I have been trying to find some I like and I feel I have a good handle on my current selection. I have been "creeping" on the site for a little while now and have seen some good tips

anyways happy disc golf season is here and that i have started this wonderful game!

Welcome to the forum guy!

The Market place is usually full of great deals, and just as impressive, the equipment section is full of awesome tips/ideas and advice for bag set-ups, and disc comparisons. Also the technique section is great for form questions and the like.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

I've got NO experience with Texas courses but I've found the course browser to be outstanding for finding courses. Go to map, click where you are and a list of local courses will pop up. Select the ones with the highest rating. Can't go wrong!!

The amount of info available on here is incredible - from the course director to all the forums. For me it's the one stop web site for everything DG. Welcome.

There's a disc golf season? And in Texas? At any rate Crossroads was my favorite course around Dallas.

2nd what sidewinder22 said! Do you only like to play in extreme heat?? :)

I've only been to east Texas; Shawshank and Lake Nacogdoches were my favs. :thmbup:

Lots of fun courses around you, I recently made a trip out your way and had a good time in the Dallas area.

I believe they have a nice little place called Selah Ranch in Texas... Might be a bit too much for a new player though...

With your skill level, I would recommend:

Windwood Church in Houston

Gulf Meadows (Jack Brooks Park) in Hitchcock, TX

Just for fun, if you are in Houston, you gotta play Agness Moffit, its the oldest disc golf course in Houston

Spring Valley in Spring, TX

Mc Dade Park in Conroe, TX

Thanks everyone for the advise on courses, I am not in houston but i will be playing there soon! heard its a blast to play out there. Im in dallas and I have really enjoyed traveling a little for nice (difficult) courses. its been a blast these last few months.

Last couple years I was in Paris,TX for work a few times and on off time I played courses north and west of Dallas. I have no complaints about any of those courses. Enjoy!
Welcome to the forums!

looks like you are in Garland
you played Harry Myers, very challenging
try out Audobon in Garland and then BB Owen in Dallas

if you get can get out further, try playing Lake Lewsiville and then 2 courses in Mckinney, alec clark and Towne Lake. Alex Clark is very beginner friendly. Send me a message and maybe we can get a round in