• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Player in New England

DISCipleship

BIO:
New player from England. I started playing in August of 2020, so I have been at it for about 4 months now. Grew up playing ultimate frisbee and was invited by a friend (who just picked it up over the COVID shutdown months) to try DG. Instantly hooked: It's like hiking with a purpose. I am averaging 4 morning rounds a week, stopping at the local course before work or on weekends (around 6 am). New England is fortunate to have so many fun, challenging courses so close by. I can't seem to figure out forehands well enough yet, so I predominantly throw backhand shots and tomahawks only if I am in a jam in the woods. Not a super quick arm. I am mostly self-taught and watching stuff on YouTube. My goals by Spring include developing a forehand, increasing my speed/control to maximize distance, and getting involved in a local league.

BAG:
For the first couple of months, I simply threw the discs in my Innova starter pack (Aviar, kVRoc, and Leopard). Learned to get some control with each one and started buying (and losing) discs. I really enjoy testing them out to see what they do and learning about all the variables: weights, plastics, molds. Still kinda in the experimental phase, but I tend to rely on my stable mids and control drivers (10 speed at max). I carry 23 discs now, keeping two or so of the discs I like.

Looking forward to learning a lot from folks in the forum and hopefully playing with some local folks when the COVID situation settles down a bit. I am open to any insight/feedback on ways I might improve my game or my bag situation. Thanks.

6 Putters - Innova Aviar, Innova Colt (3x), Dynamic Discs Deputy, Infinite Discs Scarab.

10 Mid-Ranges - Discraft Archer (2x), Discraft Buzzz (2x), DGA Tremor (2x), Innova Mako3, Innova King Cobra, Innova Vroc, Innova Wombat.

7 Drivers - Discraft Avenger SS, Discraft Undertaker, Latitude64 Diamond, Latitude64 Jade (2x), Legacy Patriot, MVP Relay.

Welcome to DGCR. Lots of good info to be gleaned from this site. Having fun is the ultimate goal.

I'd suggest a firebird or similar overstable driver to mess around with and see what kind of flights you can get out of it. Welcome from NH!