• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New player, putter question.

SlothsLair

As a new player I have been playing a lot lately and have chewed up my DX Dart pretty quickly. My question is what to get to replace it. I want something that is very similar. I'm thinking of getting the Champion Dart to replace it but am looking for options under $15.:confused:
The Titanic I use once in a while but don't really care for it as well.

523731_394471803947878_889556862_n.jpg

get several dx and have two set apart for putting only, one for drives, and one for mids.

That is definitely an option but I was hoping for other different suggestions. I would like to buy from my local shop and support them instead of buying online. So if I have a few options I'm more likely to find one of them. Last time I was there they didn't have any Dart discs that I could find which is why I started this thread.

well a dx dart is very similar to a dx dart so I thought I would start there. I know that a wedge has the same type of rim. Both feel odd to me.

Try out an XD if they have those....it's closer to both feel and flight of the Dart than the Wedge is. Skeeter is also very close to the Dart but a step up in speed...actually still makes a decent putter if that's what you're using your Dart for. I actually would personally prefer the XD and Skeeter over the Dart...both are more workable. Dart is still a nice disc, I just don't care for it as much now. If you're interested, I still have a green echo-star Dart that's hardly used (171g, I think) - be happy to sell or trade it if you want.

I am a dedicated Dart maniac, IMO the best dart is in R-Pro, super grippy, super fast, super straight. I putt my darts from 55-60 on in and use them for air bounce ups and even drives on occasion. R-Pro can usually be had for around 12-13 $ retail. Darts are hard to master but give you the ability to out-put lots of people....or maybe its just me...lol..Anyhooo good luck

If durability is a major concern, you can always try a Vibram putter (Ridge, Summit, Sole, etc.).

Definitely pricier, but it will last forever.

Get you a R-Pro Dart.These things are indestructable.

I never putted with mine,but I used it as a driver and I have hit my fair share of trees with it.To my amazement the thing is pretty much ding free.

I recently made the switch to the R-Pro Dart as well. Unlike the DX, which flew straight for me, the R-Pro has a small but consistent fade on it. I haven't been able to replicate the "long putt" success I used to have with my DX, but I think the R-Pro is a much better driving putter/approach shot disc.

Thanks for the response, you guys gave me a bunch of great options. I've tried the Aviar and not sure if it was just me or not but it faded off to the left quite a bit. Haven't come across any Vibram discs at my local shops so those are out at least until I get to see one firsthand. Have a Skeeter, and I like it but not for putting under about 50ft, if you still call that a putt anyway. I will look into the R-Pro I know I can pick that up locally. Thanks again.:thmbup:

You could also ask you local shop if they can order the discs you want.

Take a look at the Rhyno, from Innova. I have a Star Dart and I recently replaced it with a DX Rhyno (for now) and I also have a Soft Ion from MVP that I'm starting to really enjoy as well. Those are some options for you as well.

R-Pro Dart. I got an X-out at PIAS for 4.99 about a month ago, they had a full bin of them, all new and all mis-stamped.

Went into the shop this morning and the owner talked me into a Latitude 64 Pure disc. It flies straight and the rim has a good feel to it.
Pure_Opto_Line_Standard.jpg

Discraft APX, Magnet, possibly Focus
Gateway Magic

They have dart-like flights. I don't know about the feel.