• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Newer Player Needs Some Help

cHildebrandt

Bogey Member
How's it going guys?

I started playing disc golf mid-late April. I have a bag FULL of discs (a bit of a problem as the wife puts it...) But I'm looking to make some changes...

What I'm currently bagging is;
1 Star Wraith - 171
2 Anax (1 proto 1 first run)- 173-174
1 Opto Musket - 174
1 Star Beast - 175
2 Z Raptor - 173-174
1 Star Eagle - 175
2 Lucid Moonshine Emac Truth - 175
2 Fuzion Burst Emac Truth - 169
1 Prime Burst Emac Truth - 179
1 Z Buzzz - 168
1 Esp Zone - 174
1 Pro-D Zone - 172

So, here's my question, I guess...

How do people feel about the Prodigy fairway drivers? Now I guess my question is how true are the flight numbers with Prodigy? They're a less expensive option in my neck of the woods and if they are true I'd like to try them.

A bit about my throwing... Max distance I've thrown was 350 with a slight tailwind, maybe 5-10km/h. With my Wraith, but I still feel sometimes it's too much disc for me. I can Hyzer flip my EMac truths, flip to flat with the Eagle but find I'm not quite consistent with it, my Beast is ridiculously over stable, I can turnover my Musket, and get a nice flex line out of the Wraith if I throw it flat. The Raptors and Anax are for the shots I need to get right in a hurry for the most part. (Left handed)

I know it's hard to tell without seeing a form analysis but would a player like me benefit more by parking the distance drivers for the time being and focus on developing with fairway drivers?

Thanks in advance, sorry it's a long read.... Lol
Colin.

I am a newer player as well started around April also. I stumbled on to Prodigy discs by accident. I absolutely love the F & H series discs. I try to stay with 9 speed discs as my fastest discs currently. I have a fewer high speed discs but I can't throw them consistently. So i shelved them for now.

I play with a lot of guys who throw at least some prodigy, and the F series is never something they bag. Lots of A, M, H and D class discs and occasionally a PA3, never seen a fairway from them in a bag.

You might take a look a something like a Stag, Fission Volt or even a Vandal. Those should give you some degree of turn while still remaining controllable.

I pay no attention to flight numbers as they are not based on anything objective to begin with. I threw mostly Innova discs for many years prior to switching to all Prodigy. I throw F2, F5 and F7, primarily the F5. If you are looking for something with a moderate amount of turn I recommend the F5 in whatever plastic you prefer. I am a 400g man for the most part- it is like a better version of Star. If you need something truly flippy then the F7 would be the way to go.

I liked the F5 and F7. Still do, and I've always liked the Prodigy plastics. But there's tremendous competition in that space which is more available and less expensive, so I'm not bagging the Prodigy molds right now.

I really liked the F3 and F5. If you're getting the full flight out of that Eagle these would be easy flip-to-flat or turnover discs for you. Or just get an F2...but the wings on the F3 and F5 are buttery (for me).

I really liked the F3 and F5. If you're getting the full flight out of that Eagle these would be easy flip-to-flat or turnover discs for you. Or just get an F2...but the wings on the F3 and F5 are buttery (for me).

I can get full flight out of anything up to 10 speed I find, depending on how my throwing arm shoulder is that day. I had a pre framed Wall land on it a few years ago at a jobsite and I haven't had the same strength in it since.

I'll definitely pick up the F3, 5 and 7, ideally I'd like to use the 7 as a roller.

Thanks for the input from everyone!

Latest posts