Newport News, VA

Newport News DGC

3.365(based on 46 reviews)

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about Newport News DGC

Finding the Gold tees. They were just recently mapped, pared, and with distance on UDisc. No tee signs. A mix of tee surfaces natural, rubber mats, carpet, turf, and pavement mostly in poor shape. If you don't have UDisc, there located as I played them on 13 July 2022.

No. 1 Par 3 at 331 feet rubber mat. Directly behind long tee about 35 feet.
No. 2 Par 4 at 599 feet broken pavement. Before passing thru gate to reach long and short tees look right, you'll see broken pavement.
No. 3 Par 3 at 374 feet natural. Facing #2 basket look left to lone tree closes to walking trail. On your side of tree worn area where a matt is likely laid for tournaments.
No. 4 Par 3 at 365 feet trail dirt. Walk towards long tee and follow trail past long tee. About 50 feet short of gate leaving trail widest part of trail where a matt is likely laid for tournament.
No. 5 Par 3 at 325 feet concrete. You're playing from No. 8 long tee in reverse, left of No. 4 basket.
No. 6 Par 4 at 458 feet turf. Follow trail towards long tee and veer left along trail about 50 feet.
No. 7 Par 3 at 263 feet carpet. From #6 basket take right trail for 30 feet, tee just off trail left.
No. 8 Par 3 at 161 feet dirt. Before reaching short tee, take trail to the right, before reaching gate look right for a dirt area where a matt is likely laid for tournaments.
No. 9 Par 3 at 366 feet carpet. Pass thru gate to open field, turn left towards No. 3 long tee, carpet is right next to #3 long tee facing #9 basket.
No. 10 Par 3 at 362 feet rubber mat/dirt I've seen both there. Directly behind #10 long tee and in front of gate to parking.
No. 11 Par 3 at 387 feet gravel pavement. From #10 basket walk at 45-degree angle between two trees, but towards the furthest tree. When I played there was a line marked across the pavement or play from tree on pavement.
No. 12 Par 4 at 492 feet carpet. From #11 basket walk 45-degree to the rear about 100 feet, tee is behind a tree, and about 100 feet behind longs, 200 feet behind shorts.

No. 13 Par 3 at 332 feet rubber. Udisc has the tee location incorrect. Walk on gravel trail at about 100 feet tee is located just off the sidewalk to your left and easy to find. From tee shorts will be to your right, should see a lazy dogleg right.
No 14 Par 3 at 266 feet dirt. Walk towards the long tee, on other side of long tee is a cluster of trees, about 30 feet into the trees is a clearing and can see where a matt has been used for tournaments. Looking down fairway you can see a large cedar tree where you can play on either side of it.
No. 15 Par 3 at 404 feet gravel trail. From #14 basket walk towards #15 long tee and past it too gravel trail. Your fairway plays to left of long tee.
No. 16 Par 3 at 246 feet dirt/grass. From #15 basket walk towards #16 long tee and look to its left and there's a cluster of trees with one large tree. On the other side of trees about 100 feet from long tee is a bare area where a mat is likely laid for tournaments. Your fairway is towards large cedar trees, basket on the other side left.
No. 17 Par 3 at 483 feet dirt/carpet I've seen both. From #16 basket walk on trail towards #17 long and shorts. At about 40 feet to the left a cluster of trees, when you pass them look into them behind you and you'll see an impression in the ground where the carpet had been laid. You're teeing out from the trees into the fairway.
No. 18 Par 3 at 304 feet carpet. Facing #17 basket look left towards parking and a picnic pavilion on other side of fence. Walk about 250 feet in that direction. As you clear the cluster of trees to the left and before fence, turn left downslope along the fence and you'll see the carpet about a 40-foot walk. Fairway is upslope, basket center right hidden.

This was the first time I played it correctly, a fun layout!

Finding the Gold tees. They were just recently mapped, pared, and with distance on UDisc. No tee signs. A mix of tee surfaces natural, rubber mats, carpet, turf, and pavement mostly in poor shape. If you don't have UDisc, there located as I played them on 13 July 2022.

No. 1 Par 3 at 331 feet rubber mat. Directly behind long tee about 35 feet.
No. 2 Par 4 at 599 feet broken pavement. Before passing thru gate to reach long and short tees look right, you'll see broken pavement.
No. 3 Par 3 at 374 feet natural. Facing #2 basket look left to lone tree closes to walking trail. On your side of tree worn area where a matt is likely laid for tournaments.
No. 4 Par 3 at 365 feet trail dirt. Walk towards long tee and follow trail past long tee. About 50 feet short of gate leaving trail widest part of trail where a matt is likely laid for tournament.
No. 5 Par 3 at 325 feet concrete. You're playing from No. 8 long tee in reverse, left of No. 4 basket.
No. 6 Par 4 at 458 feet turf. Follow trail towards long tee and veer left along trail about 50 feet.
No. 7 Par 3 at 263 feet carpet. From #6 basket take right trail for 30 feet, tee just off trail left.
No. 8 Par 3 at 161 feet dirt. Before reaching short tee, take trail to the right, before reaching gate look right for a dirt area where a matt is likely laid for tournaments.
No. 9 Par 3 at 366 feet carpet. Pass thru gate to open field, turn left towards No. 3 long tee, carpet is right next to #3 long tee facing #9 basket.
No. 10 Par 3 at 362 feet rubber mat/dirt I've seen both there. Directly behind #10 long tee and in front of gate to parking.
No. 11 Par 3 at 387 feet gravel pavement. From #10 basket walk at 45-degree angle between two trees, but towards the furthest tree. When I played there was a line marked across the pavement or play from tree on pavement.
No. 12 Par 4 at 492 feet carpet. From #11 basket walk 45-degree to the rear about 100 feet, tee is behind a tree, and about 100 feet behind longs, 200 feet behind shorts.

No. 13 Par 3 at 332 feet rubber. Udisc has the tee location incorrect. Walk on gravel trail at about 100 feet tee is located just off the sidewalk to your left and easy to find. From tee shorts will be to your right, should see a lazy dogleg right.
No 14 Par 3 at 266 feet dirt. Walk towards the long tee, on other side of long tee is a cluster of trees, about 30 feet into the trees is a clearing and can see where a matt has been used for tournaments. Looking down fairway you can see a large cedar tree where you can play on either side of it.
No. 15 Par 3 at 404 feet gravel trail. From #14 basket walk towards #15 long tee and past it too gravel trail. Your fairway plays to left of long tee.
No. 16 Par 3 at 246 feet dirt/grass. From #15 basket walk towards #16 long tee and look to its left and there's a cluster of trees with one large tree. On the other side of trees about 100 feet from long tee is a bare area where a mat is likely laid for tournaments. Your fairway is towards large cedar trees, basket on the other side left.
No. 17 Par 3 at 483 feet dirt/carpet I've seen both. From #16 basket walk on trail towards #17 long and shorts. At about 40 feet to the left a cluster of trees, when you pass them look into them behind you and you'll see an impression in the ground where the carpet had been laid. You're teeing out from the trees into the fairway.
No. 18 Par 3 at 304 feet carpet. Facing #17 basket look left towards parking and a picnic pavilion on other side of fence. Walk about 250 feet in that direction. As you clear the cluster of trees to the left and before fence, turn left downslope along the fence and you'll see the carpet about a 40-foot walk. Fairway is upslope, basket center right hidden.

This was the first time I played it correctly, a fun layout!
I've added photos for the Gold Tee's.

Mach 5 baskets were just installed this past week, bright shiny orange.

Orange baskets easy to see thru the woods and catch great! With new baskets, distance extended on holes 3, 5, 11, 14-15, and 17-18. More difficult.

Latest posts